Release Version: 1.071
MD5 Sum: b567e02e1845bf1df0359f2d2cd58dff *S-Blur_1071-update.zip
Credits: Shafty023 and whoever made the kernel (Forgot, sorry)
Radio Required: 22.214.171.124I
SPL Required: Danger SPL
Partition Layout: Must have an EXT2 partition (size is up to you) as well as at least a 64MB swap partition
Wipe Required: Yes if coming from a rom other than S-blur 1.07
This rom just dropped into my lap. (Anonymously of course) However, I will be maintaining this thread.
This ROM is fast as hell and if you follow the requirements for using this ROM (swap partition size, ext2 instead of ext3, etc) then you'll notice it runs extremely fast.
If you are coming from any rom that is not 1.07 (the official release), you MUST do a full wipe.
You MUST do a full wipe when flashing this rom even if you were running 1.06 before. We are using the official APKs now and you have to wipe. You also have to remake your motoblur account because the old one was based on prerelease firmware and this new one is based on the official cliq dump.
The Features S-Blurry-v1.071:
- Cleaned up ramdisk + added Moto services
- Standard RAM (no 10MB hack)
- Apps2SD w/ error checking and logging
- Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
- Supports ext2/ext3/ext4 for Apps2SD
- Squashfs/Cramfs Support
- fsck at boot (to help stop filesystem corruption)
- Min CPU set to 384MHz / Max CPU set to 528MHz
- TCP buffer changes
- PATH variable updates
- Calls to /data/init.rc & /system/init.rc
- Latest BusyBox w/ working modprobe
- rwsystem & rosystem for easy remount of /system
- Linux-swap support
- Fixed permissions issues in xbin.sqf
- Turned off debugging in ramdisk to increase performance
- Moved seldom used system apps to ext2/ext3 partition for more space on /system
- Optimized user.conf settings for Blur ROM
- Disabled sms urgent in user.conf as that was pointless seeing as how that was a Hero only setting and changing the "nice" value of a pid to -20 causes major issues with other processes. Bad idea people
- Added /system/bin/compstats so you can verify easily if compcache is enabled and working. Running /system/bin/swap -s takes way too long to return the stats
- Added noop I/O scheduler for sdcard. Greatly increases performance
What is not working
- Graphics benchmarks on Blur ROMs in general aren't that good. So I consider this to be something that needs to be improved on. It's being looked into. Things you'll notice are slow swiping between Launcher screens, messaging widget is slow
- Class 6 SDHC card
- Linux-Swap partition (at least 64 MB)
- An ext2 formatted linux partition, NOT ext3. The journal on the ext3 filesystem adds overhead and slows down read/write
- Complete wipe of: ext2 partition, dalvik-cache directory, /data, /system
- Android SDK 1.5r3 installed so you can debug your phone if something isn't working
- A brain and the ability to read English
This has been verified working by testers and myself with absolutely NO problems on the G1. Anyone who says otherwise and has a G1 is a retard and did not follow directions!
Tips to debug your system
1) Verify CompCache is running
adb shell compstats
adb logcat adb shell dmesg
How to POST in this thread
If it's bug reporting the subject should be something like "Bug Report" and in the actual post put the problem you're having, version of ROM you're using, your hardware, and some data to actually back up your claim of a bug. If it's a bug fix something along the lines of "Bug Fix" in the subject and then put what has been fixed.
Bug reports MUST be detailed.
Anything that does not adhere to those rules above will be ignored.
NO random gossip or chit-chat. Keep this thread as a place for development and nothing else. Do not post that you are flashing or even thank you. Hopefully together we will be able to keep this thread focused on development.
No wipe update (for flashing from 1.07 to 1.071)