FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Port] Doom 3 on Android! Now on the Play Store!!

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By traybourne, Senior Member on 2nd April 2013, 11:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2013, 10:05 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandDeschain79

Hi Traybourne,

After reading your post I decided to do a run thru of the delta labs bit I did in high and low quality. I tried with and without the ETC1 compression and cache but didn't see any noticeable performance improvement. So next I ran the timedemo and got 16fps for with the compression and cache settings and 17.4 without it. So its a pretty minimal difference at best. I checked the flashlight too and it seemed ok with my note 2, I guess that could be a bug. Let me know if the results are about the same for you too.

It sure is

I did some quick tests on my Nexus 4 and got pretty much the same results. Loading times and performance seemed to be a little better having the ETC1 compression and cache disabled. I also updated the first post and put your new step-by-step video in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Trenchev

Hi, how do I lower texture resolution? The game won't start if I choose other than high quality or use image_downsample. FPS is fine, but the game freezes at some scenes because of RAM. I remember it needed about 500 Mb at high settings. Also, can we run Q4 ?

You should be able to reduce the resolution to something like 320x240 in the app's graphics menu and see if that would increase stability.
The Following User Says Thank You to traybourne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift traybourne Ad-Free
28th October 2013, 10:44 PM |#102  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I mean texture resolution or in-game details.
30th October 2013, 03:49 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Trenchev

I mean texture resolution or in-game details.

Unfortunately I can't find any low-res texture packs for Doom 3 anywhere. You could try enabling the ETC1 cache and/or compression to see if that will help with the ram usage.
30th October 2013, 05:51 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ThanksIt a classic game on pc.
4th December 2013, 05:41 AM |#105  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Compiles Maps Too!
Cool. It compiles maps too!

I had to relearn the editor just to do this. lol

Here is typing the command (dmap) which compiles the map:

The game takes a few seconds, prints the compile log to console, and now we can run our freshly complied map:

I'm still trying to figure out what is so dang hard for it to render. Two monsters, a box map, and two lights, and it runs the same as SP levels:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gary3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gary3 Ad-Free
1st January 2014, 08:50 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
How about this project? Are this still in development?
22nd January 2014, 03:07 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just got this running on my Nexus5 - performance is very good - much better than I expected!

Only issue I am getting is that if I turn on the lighting effects then the sound goes weird - it's like every sound is played twice - a sort of echo. Doesn't do it with lighting off.

Any ideas?
22nd January 2014, 03:44 PM |#108  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 21

More
gonna try
i hope it'll work well on lowend gt-s6312 with adreno 200
thx dev
27th March 2014, 08:50 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Game runs smoothly except I cant use flashlight, save game manually (autosave works) or change weapon. Anyone noticed same problems or know how to fix them? I installed DIII4A from playstore, Doom is version 1.3.1 and my device is samsung galaxy note 3.

Any ideas? This would be so awesome to play with the phone
3rd May 2014, 03:50 AM |#110  
Flag Villa Rica
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Problem with game
Hi comunity
I have problem with game
Lauch app (diii4a) working, the problem start when load the game and when finish the loading, give me this error:

I unknow if the problem is the device, game source or apps.
26th May 2014, 11:39 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkegu

Hi comunity
I have problem with game
Lauch app (diii4a) working, the problem start when load the game and when finish the loading, give me this error:

I unknow if the problem is the device, game source or apps.

you probably have to update your game to 1.3.1 that's why it's bitching about missing stuff.

Anyways, I'm running DIII4A (latest PlayStore version) on my Nvidia Shield and it runs playable so far except for two things:

1.) There are transparency problems like squares are shown around fonts on doors or decals on the floor like blood or dirt, does someone know how to fix this?

2.) Is there a way to fix or at least to reduce the lags when entering a new room or area ?
I tried everything with caching, increasing cache sizes and preloading, it does not help...

Otherwise the port runs really great and the gamepad of the Nvidia Shield is supported as well!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)