FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[M2D 2.0 editor] M2D reFLUSH v0.2 (project stopped)

2,676 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By twolf, Senior Member on 26th October 2009, 09:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
People were having too many problems with this, so I decided to stop the project, sorry everyone.

--------------

This small tool is not trying to competing with the excellent M2D Customizer by MPenguin14!
I just made it because theres currently no versions of M2DC that works with the latest M2D.

And, even though M2DC is open-source, I dont know how to programm in that language, so I tried to mimic what it does with flash + mortscript.

It enables, disables and rearranges the tabs:

To use:
--------

Make sure your device is QVGA!
Backup your system first, just in case.
Install Flash 7, if you dont have it already.
Install Mortscript, if you dont have it already.
Install the attached CAB.
Run my app.
Click to enable/disable tabs, drag to reorder them.
Red text means the tab is disabled, note that some tabs NEED to be disabled for M2D to run!
The listing is strange, as is in 2 columns, Ill have to find a better way of reordering the tabs in the future (any ideas?).
Save your settings.
Wait a couple of seconds, M2D will restart itself.
Enjoy.

What's new:
------------

Reads saved tab settings.
Change main softkeys.
Change Launcher tab grid (rows X columns).
Added M2D restart shortcut (usefull for skinners).

Notes:
------

The arrow is NOT pointing to cancel, it just means the list on the right continues from there.
It does not use or read any of your previously changed xml data, for now it always starts from its own default.
It creates a backup in \Windows\M2Dr\backup of the last XML changed, just in case you need it back.
You can install the app anywhere, but it always creates some temp files in \Windows\M2Dr that take about 200kb in the device (backup included).
Some tabs NEED to be disabled for M2D to run!
If the app is stuck in a screen reading "If you can read this you need flash 7", guess what, you only have flash lite. ;P
No widescreen version, my SWF to EXE doesnt support it, sorry.
Installing old M2D skins wont work, because some files arent the same.
I wouldnt advise more than 6 columns and a reasonable ammount of rows on the LAUNCHER tab, I have no idea of its limits.
Dont use this with the old M2D, it WONT work.
Old M2D(ct) thmes wont work also, they all have to be remade.
I attached here a QUICK-FIX, in case your M2D cant load, just copy the file into the windows folder and restart M2D.

How can I help?
---------------

Do you know a way of converting PNGs to JPGs with a simple command line? Or maybe a simple EXE that converts all the files in a folder.
How can I enable a TSK theme without going thru the settings?
How can I create a list of all the files inside a folder and its subfolders? (The FOREACH command on Mortscript only reads one folder)

To do (if M2DC doesnt get updated first, hehehe):
-------
Install new skins with a new extension name.
Change background (real M2D background, not just the HOME tab wallpaper).
Backup/restore XML settings.
Browse button for the softkeys choice (dont know if its possible)...

26th October 2009, 09:47 AM |#2  
Flag rossum gld
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice,
Thanks for your work
26th October 2009, 11:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for your work...
This is something i was waiting for a long time.
I hope you have succes...
I will be around this threat
28th October 2009, 04:07 AM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hey twolf great app, no surprise it came from you
and in terms of ordering the tabs would it be possible to add a scrollable list, just an idea
28th October 2009, 10:16 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
Thanks, I wanted to do a horizontal scroll tab, but am having a lot of bugs with it, also we dont see all the tabs at once, and that makes it hard to order...
1st November 2009, 09:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
Updated v0.2:

Now to work on the skinning option.
2nd November 2009, 05:24 AM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 3,576

Donate to Me
More
any way for this tool to be able to add links and shortcuts to the internet tab in the future? great app twolf!! all your work is mind blowing
2nd November 2009, 06:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the thing mess up my m2d.. now i cant launch the m2d, have to use windows default home
2nd November 2009, 07:33 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubus26jc

any way for this tool to be able to add links and shortcuts to the internet tab in the future? great app twolf!! all your work is mind blowing

Thanks, it should be as simple as adding those registry options, its not in my to-do list because I wanted to finish the most basic things first, but I believe I can do that after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraventhatdied

the thing mess up my m2d.. now i cant launch the m2d, have to use windows default home

What M2D version do you use?
You have your previous XML on Windows\M2Dr\backup just copy it back to the windows folder...

ALSO....
Added the How can I help? area on the first post, with stuff I'm stuck with.
If anybody knows any solution, please help.
2nd November 2009, 09:36 AM |#10  
Flag Lucknow, India
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraventhatdied

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolf

What M2D version do you use?
You have your previous XML on Windows\M2Dr\backup just copy it back to the windows folder...

Yes, it messed up my M2D too. And I'm using version 2.19191432 as cooked by Miky6682 in his ROM (I believe this is the new version you talk about). And btw, I had only rearranged the tabs to begin with.

Copying back XML from Windows/m2dr/backup also did not help. You admitted yourself that your M2D reFLUSH does not take into account previously edited XML and creates its own backup point. I had to restore from the XML I had manually saved earlier.

Any ideas why this could be happening? M2D reFLUSH could be a fantastic tool if I can get it to work for me.
2nd November 2009, 11:09 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag LX

More
The problem is that mortscript cant "read" XML files properly, so I had to separate the xml into severall parts to be able to rebuild it with my changes.

You can see it on \Windows\M2Dr\part*.txt
Its separated into all those txt files:

Part 1 is the image list
Part 2a and 2b are created by my M2Dr flash file on save, its the tab list and order. Its separated in two because flash cant save that many characters on a text file) some characters are incorect but mortscript fixes them.
Part 3a is the end of the tab list and the beginning of the launcher settings (I moved it to the top so that it was easier to change).
Part 3b is the middle of the launcher tab settings.
Part 3c is the end of the launcher tab settings and the rest of the hole XML.

So, for now, to use M2Dr, all you need to do is make sure the file \Windows\M2Dr\part3c.txt is represented the same way in your XML.
:/
Tricky, but it will work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)