[ROM][KK][4.4][SABERMOD] CyanogenMod 11 [ALPHA BUILDS] Ported for i777

Search This thread

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
/home/renderbroken/android
@RenderBroken bro your awesome and i super appreaciate your hard work i wish i had skills like you .... so like what motivates you

Thanks,

I do IT consulting and manager small business to medium size businesses. One of our new clients wanted to setup a thin client environment the when they boot up they access Windows server running terminal services in the cloud. They wanted to open up more businesses without setting up a new Linux server and having a complicated R sync script maintain ed their database. So I had to learn like us the hard way and o setup Linux thin client server to repurpose their old equipment. So from then on I could see the power of Linux. I like to figure things out and am never satisfied with status quo.

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
So just because i like to keep ppl in the loop. I have been looking through all the source and doing extensive research in my free time. It is amazing what a # can do. I started running diffs and found a discrepancy in the kernel defconfig file (duh). So the problem was when the kernel was being built it was not correctly including the initramfs files. I have no idea how it had become commented out but anyways, I am building just the kernel right now and hopefully we will be good to go.

Regards,
Render

theTIMinator

Jun 27, 2013
So just because i like to keep ppl in the loop. I have been looking through all the source and doing extensive research in my free time. It is amazing what a # can do. I started running diffs and found a discrepancy in the kernel defconfig file (duh). So the problem was when the kernel was being built it was not correctly including the initramfs files. I have no idea how it had become commented out but anyways, I am building just the kernel right now and hopefully we will be good to go.

Regards,
Render

AWESOMEEEE!!!!! :D I can't wait! I like omni, but it's just not cm! I miss my spinning gear boot anim! :(

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
Hopefully soon I will have this all worked out and have a ROM built from source for our phone. I will keep building with updates til the Official nightly comes out. If I haven't already start building with Linaro and Sabermod by then, then that will be the next big push to do since I believe the benefit from those would be greater then the Official nightly. I will also pepper in some Kernel additions and maybe even some ported features from other roms. Who knows at that point but the main thing is I plan on maintaining my ROM development for while.

theTIMinator

Jun 27, 2013
Hopefully soon I will have this all worked out and have a ROM built from source for our phone. I will keep building with updates til the Official nightly comes out. If I haven't already start building with Linaro and Sabermod by then, then that will be the next big push to do since I believe the benefit from those would be greater then the Official nightly. I will also pepper in some Kernel additions and maybe even some ported features from other roms. Who knows at that point but the main thing is I plan on maintaining my ROM development for while.

Currently how integrated is it with the added cm features?

jaysix79

Nov 27, 2008
Orange County CA

It would be cool if you can mix this up with PAC ROM. Thanks for developing KitKat for us. Can't wait

P.A.C 4.3 ALPHA

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
I will also pepper in some Kernel additions and maybe even some ported features from other roms. Who knows at that point but the main thing is I plan on maintaining my ROM development.

This is a wonderful Christmas present for everyone! Render, thanks for the updates - VERY excited to see how your hard work pays off.

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
This is a wonderful Christmas present for everyone! Render, thanks for the updates - VERY excited to see how your hard work pays off.

I had to fix a typo build error this morning then rekickoff the build again. It picked up where it left off luckily. Also this build will be Android 4.4.1. I knew there was something wrong with the boot.img and the problem was because of the # the initramfs source was not being integrated with the kernel. That meant not recovery no nothing. So I am very hopeful that the bugs are worked out now and I will start ripping nightlies most likely every other day.

Thank you are all of your assistance to the i777 community. you have been a valuable asset.

Regards,
Render

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
Currently how integrated is it with the added cm features?

So when I built the last nightly and used an older working kernel, the Quick Select Toggles where working, I believe the power menu was configurable, I think Apps Ops was there. pretty much most of the main stuff. I do know that the status bar options were not present though.

RenderBroken

Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2013
OK so because I am impatient, I have good news and bad news. Good news is I took the newly built boot.img file and used it with the last nightly I made and it WORKS. Bad news is the battery bug is still preset which is weird since I thought the fix was merged already. So I will have to cherry pick the needed changes and build again. Since it has been awhile since I have uploaded anything I will upload what I have so everyone can see the progress made with CM11 itself. I will also be creating another Tread in the main android dev section. Here is a milestone I am glad to make and hopefully its down hill from here.

Kind Regards,
Render

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So since I am a tease . . . lol I found the EXACT issue that caused my build not to work. The boot.img (Kernel + Ramdisk) had not been built correctly when the ZIP was created. I was able to use a different known working kernel and I was able to boot correctly! Yeah! so I have all the files to create the boot.img and will try to make it shortly and just insert it into my Compiled rom zip. Then I will need to find the script that builds the actual boot.img file. What this means is the Rom works and the problem should be easier to fix than I thought. Just want to keep people updated.

Also since I have been deep in research about this, I found that the kernel for CM should work for Omni. That said, once I get all the kinks worked out with my build environment I will start creating a custom kernel for both CM and Omni.
    Hey Render I have a few questions to ask you...
    Will 3d games play fine on this ROM? Or will they crash?
    Is the rom stable enough for normal use?
    Will the battery issue be fixed? Not trying to rush you, i just really want to try it out
    And will the kernel support over clocking?

Thanks for your time!

I think the Rom is stable enough for daily use. Everything I used worked fine. If I can build the CM11 Kernel correctly, that will resolve the Battery Bug. I have been running into build errors. I feel confident I will at least get a stock CM11 kernel out and if so I will then work to add some features to it. Other issue I foresee is @infected_ is now building his rom using newer Mali Drivers and I am not sure if the sources I have for the CM11 kernel and out phone support that yet so Hopefully I can work with him to port that over as well. So my main goal right now is build a stock CM11 Kernel to work with the current build and then go from there. Lastly I am not some super Dev like the people around here so it may take me a bit longer but I am persistent and will get though it. Luckily people are willing to help point someone like me in the right direction.

Regards,
    Render
    This is ported from @infected_ and his amazing work! I have been personally porting his roms for my i777 for awhile and have been blown away with how much of a difference SaberMod and Linaro have made to the ROM. I have ported this rom with permission to share some 4.4 goodness with the rest of my fellow i777 users. I may keep porting future releases but have not decided yet.

First and foremost, I nor @infected_ are responsible for what you do to your device and YOU accept full responsibility if there are ANY issues.
    IF there are any issues please don't blow up @infected_ 's threads looking for support because you will find none. Please just do some research first before posting an issue. Since this is an Alpha build, someone may have already posted a fix for an issue your having in one of the i9100 threads.

I have personally tested this rom out and everything seems to been in working order. I may have missed something though so please don't quote me. The one thing I have noticed is the Battery Percentage is not correct.

Rom: Build 11/23/2013
    GApps: 20130813

Older Builds:
    Build 11/20/2013

Instructions:
    First make a nandroid backup (DUH)
    Make sure you are on the newest CWM recovery. These easiest way i do this is flash the newest CM Nightly
    Once you flash the newest CM Nightly, reboot recovery
    Wipe Data/ Factory Reset
    Wipe Cache/ Dalvic Cache
    Format System
    Flash ROM
    Flash GApps
    WIPE DATA/ FACTORY RESET (If you don't you will get stuck on CM Logo)
    Enjoy :)

Change Log: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:eek:pen+branch:cm-11.0,n,z

Thread I am porting from: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535369
    Yes, I have all the needed proprietaries. It just gets into a boot loop and I never even see the CM logo.

I am fairly certain I know exactly what the problem is. Once I get back home I will fix the problem. I will then build and should have something by tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for your patience.

Regards,
    Render
    Drum roll please! . . . I had flashed the newest build I made (ROM + Boot.img) and the battery bug is fixed correctly!! Everything seems to be working correctly and it is Android 4.4.1. So I am uploading the new Rom In Android Development and will create a new Thread! Thank you for your patience guys!

Kind Regards,
    Render