Moded SecMms.apk for 4.3

Search This thread

keysoh2

Feb 18, 2010
Thought I shared this. This is a stock 4.3 SecMms.apk with:
No text logs (under phone logs).
Screen On/Off toggle.
Ability to save text messages to the SD card.

Just flash the zip in recovery.

http://d-h.st/h1c

Reactions: master1454

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Idk if it's possible but I would love and most sed make a donation if it's possible to make empji sens as regards sms and not mms.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
What are we tryin to do? Add Emoji's to stock SMS app? Don't it already have them?

No tge problem is that the stock sms sends them as mms instead of sms. For example my gf has an iPhone 5 unlocked. For some reason she cannot receive pics I tried apn but no luck. So when I send here emoji she does not get them. But if I send them through go sms or another third party sms she does get them because they send them as regular message instead of the picture msg which is what the stock does.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
No tge problem is that the stock sms sends them as mms instead of sms. For example my gf has an iPhone 5 unlocked. For some reason she cannot receive pics I tried apn but no luck. So when I send here emoji she does not get them. But if I send them through go sms or another third party sms she does get them because they send them as regular message instead of the picture msg which is what the stock does.

Ah, interesting.. That might be difficult to smali hack. I think Samsung does that so people like my step mom with a 20 dollar tracphone will still be able to view the emoji. If i have free time i will see what i can figure out.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Ah, interesting.. That might be difficult to smali hack. I think Samsung does that so people like my step mom with a 20 dollar tracphone will still be able to view the emoji. If i have free time i will see what i can figure out.

Or maybe just implement the new twist enojes into go SMS I've tried everything and no matter what I can never get the app to install after making changes to it. I would prefer this since I love go SMS but I'm just tire of iPhone emojis

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Or maybe just implement the new twist enojes into go SMS I've tried everything and no matter what I can never get the app to install after making changes to it. I would prefer this since I love go SMS but I'm just tire of iPhone emojis

I could try that. If i get time, right now my laptop's USB ports are not working at all, so i can't do anything in terms of debugging modding and hacking. Which sucks cause i need to fix my ROM -.-

xXchrizhurtyXx

Apr 12, 2012
Bronx, NY
I could try that. If i get time, right now my laptop's USB ports are not working at all, so i can't do anything in terms of debugging modding and hacking. Which sucks cause i need to fix my ROM -.-

Take your time bro. Honestly it is a hard task because GoSMS has the plug-in and they renamed the emojis all to gosms names but im sure it is possible.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011

Would be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Take your time bro. Honestly it is a hard task because GoSMS has the plug-in and they renamed the emojis all to gosms names but im sure it is possible.

I resized and renamed all two emojis to exact go SMS emoji names but the app wouldn't install

Reactions: xXchrizhurtyXx

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Would be greatly appreciated

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I resized and renamed all two emojis to exact go SMS emoji names but the app wouldn't install

Pm me a link to the apk. And zip up the renamed images and send them to me?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: egren58

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Pm me a link to the apk. And zip up the renamed images and send them to me?

El do right now

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

SENT:)

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Whoa how long did it take bro? And you sure you matched them all and named them properly?

Yes renamed them all I believe correctly. I noticed that the go SMS emoji only had "goemoji" than the same name. So I just, ran a batch to add that in front of every png. Hopefully they were all correct. I sent him a PM. So let's wait and see what he says :)

xXchrizhurtyXx

Apr 12, 2012
Bronx, NY
Yes renamed them all I believe correctly. I noticed that the go SMS emoji only had "goemoji" than the same name. So I just, ran a batch to add that in front of every png. Hopefully they were all correct. I sent him a PM. So let's wait and see what he says :)

Yeah I'm sure he can do it. Can you also send me the renamed pngs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

All i gotta do is write a program in C# or something to rename the images from the Stock Emoji names to the new ones.
    @elesbb
    Any progress reports lol.
    you're the only one that has something rolling . Im always getting package errors.

There are a total of 600 images that need to be copied over, when i copy them, however, only 300 become overwritten. So there are 300 more images that have different names -.- Gotta figure it out.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

What I don't like about third party sms apps is the limitation to the lockscreen. I can't see who the message is from like I would from touchwiz. Since I can't get this to work on 4.3 I think I'm most likely going back to 4.2

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

I personally hate having that on my lockscreen...
    Thought I shared this. This is a stock 4.3 SecMms.apk with:
    No text logs (under phone logs).
    Screen On/Off toggle.
    Ability to save text messages to the SD card.

Just flash the zip in recovery.

http://d-h.st/h1c
    @elesbb
    wow i find myself asking this question alot. But any status updates?
    Is this still being worked on?

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

[/COLOR @elesbb
    wow i find myself asking this question alot. But any status updates?
    Is this still being worked on?

Yes yes lol. Have other things to work on right now. DOn't worry its still being worked on.