FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][12.9.13] Sultan ROM 2.0 | TouchWiz 4.3 | UVUEMJC - Now with an Aroma scent!

1,946 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,283

By SuperAfnan, Senior Member on 1st December 2013, 06:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2013, 03:26 AM |#111  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Battery Full Issue with phone calls
Occasionally when I make phone calls, the phone will end the call as soon as I hit the call button. The call will not even connect it just automatically ends the call. This is fixed after either just waiting around for it to fix it itself, or a reboot. It's not an issue with coverage or data because I have tried it before with bars and 4g and this will still happen some times. Any idea what this could be caused by or why this might be happenin? Ha thanks man! Good work on the rom I love it! Battery??? Ummmmm..... AMAZING!!!
6th December 2013, 05:46 AM |#112  
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAfnan

Hey guys! Just a heads up, an update will come in a few days most likely. I'll most likely have aroma, xposed, and more toggles built in by default. Other stuff should be there. As for themes, I'll have optional (experimental) zips to flash since I'm not used to theming TW. Sorry for not being able to be here, school is really getting in the way.

Hope you're all enjoying this! :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Definitely enjoying it, and thanks again!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
6th December 2013, 11:07 PM |#113  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl_777

Occasionally when I make phone calls, the phone will end the call as soon as I hit the call button. The call will not even connect it just automatically ends the call. This is fixed after either just waiting around for it to fix it itself, or a reboot. It's not an issue with coverage or data because I have tried it before with bars and 4g and this will still happen some times. Any idea what this could be caused by or why this might be happenin? Ha thanks man! Good work on the rom I love it! Battery??? Ummmmm..... AMAZING!!!

I have had this problem as well. It seems to be the newer modems. When I go back to 4.1.2 and UAE the new modem it does the same thing. Doesn't happen with the md5 modem. However, on 4.1.2 with the newer modems it will say not allowed by Sim when it happens. Unfortunately, you can not use the md5 modem on 4.3 TW Roms. I personally don't feel that the 4.3 Roms are worth using at this point. Not that the developers are doing a bad job, rather the base and modems from T-Mobile seem to be flawed. I think they jumped the gun with the 4.3 update.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dieselford For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dieselford Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 11:28 PM |#114  
Flag ATL
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselford

I have had this problem as well. It seems to be the newer modems. When I go back to 4.1.2 and UAE the new modem it does the same thing. Doesn't happen with the md5 modem. However, on 4.1.2 with the newer modems it will say not allowed by Sim when it happens. Unfortunately, you can not use the md5 modem on 4.3 TW Roms. I personally don't feel that the 4.3 Roms are worth using at this point. Not that the developers are doing a bad job, rather the base and modems from T-Mobile seem to be flawed. I think they jumped the gun with the 4.3 update.

Yeah the only pro to running 4.3 that I have found is the battery seems to be much better when the phone is on standby. If I'm not heavily using my phone I can have 80% remaining after like 5-6 hours of being unplugged. I can't wait for mods to start rolling out on the 4.3 base but I guess it's back to 4.1.2 for now do any of the CM based 4.3 roms have wifi-calling or is this a samsung/tmo exclusive that CM can't touch? Thanks man!
7th December 2013, 01:16 AM |#115  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 877

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl_777

Yeah the only pro to running 4.3 that I have found is the battery seems to be much better when the phone is on standby. If I'm not heavily using my phone I can have 80% remaining after like 5-6 hours of being unplugged. I can't wait for mods to start rolling out on the 4.3 base but I guess it's back to 4.1.2 for now do any of the CM based 4.3 roms have wifi-calling or is this a samsung/tmo exclusive that CM can't touch? Thanks man!

WiFi calling is only on TW Roms. Sorry man

7th December 2013, 05:11 AM |#116  
Flag Aurora, Near Chicago
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Checksums
This is the checksum I got from the download page

5489a05cafcaa5c9e3689e24187a5db3

this is the checksum I got from the ROM

42d2d8276606b775dc6a8f649519faa6

did anyone else get mis matched checksums?
7th December 2013, 03:06 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
DLNA (nearby devices)
I really like this ROM alot. everything works just a way it suppose to. The only problem I have is when I try to play music from Stock music player to my Media center (which is DLNA certified) over my network, the music player won't find any nearby devices. I think its missing some system/core apps to play wireless music over wifi network from stock music player. I try to push some of apps, such as, com.sec.allsharecas, com.sec.android.alls, com.sec.android.nearby. But wasn't successfull. Can someone please help me. I listen to lot of music over my network from my phone to Klipsch system.
7th December 2013, 11:06 PM |#118  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, Florida

Donate to Me
More
Cool New update!
Hello everyone, looks like I finally had some time for an update! It's pretty big. Make sure you do a BACKUP and do a FULL WIPE.

There might be a few typing errors in AROMA. For example when it asks if you want to reboot, it says "Install" on the reboot button lol.

BUT once you install, make sure that you DON'T REBOOT. Flash the insecure kernel immediately!

In the next release, I'll try and get the toggles built in, but CNexus's MK3 toggle zip had sqlite3 scripts, not apk files.

I'm going to make an AT&T Version later since I have an i747!

SULTAN ROM VERSION 2

December 7th, 2013
-AROMA INSTALLER 2.70
-Aroma theming
-Launcher
-Samsung Apps & Addons
-Some Galaxy S4 Options
-Accuweather Widgets
-Custom Keyboards
-Email Client
-Additional Apps
-Music Players
-Audio Mods

Please give a thanks to @saranhai for letting me use some of his stuff in this release!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuperAfnan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperAfnan Ad-Free
7th December 2013, 11:54 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 384

More
Look like Aroma installer not working my phone Is stock in recovery on installing aroma screen .

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386460453484.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	2440030  
8th December 2013, 01:13 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville, Florida

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richcar

Look like Aroma installer not working my phone Is stock in recovery on installing aroma screen .

Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app

You may need to do a battery pull and reboot to recovery. (Volume up + power + home).

The aroma installer is finicky. It's a bit quirky but after playing with it, it should boot just fine hopefully.

Anyone else got this issue?

Edit: Also, what recovery are you guys using? I'm on CWM Philz Touch.

Please state which one you have so I can get it fixed easier. I think TWRP might be having issues?
8th December 2013, 01:21 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Same here. Aroma problem

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, sultan rom, sultan. stable, superafnan, touchwiz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)