Thanks Meter: 9,399

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Mustaavalkosta: XNG3C snapshot released
8th December 2013, 01:11 AM |#411  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 1,537

Donate to Me
More
Whats happening guys, any good news, I wanna know if I can update my cm 10.1 to to cm 11. With no harm. The reason why am asking is that I did a clean install of cm 11 but I had a lot of issues... (almost everything didn't work for me, I have to do a manual reboot by removing the battery anytime there is a blackbox bug or when it freezes ). I rom didn't work for me atall. Thinking I ask you guys abt the update. Thanks for your feedback s

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium remixed by gEE

8th December 2013, 01:15 AM |#412  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloured_chalk

hm...

only camera needs pmem for usage, not? /dev/pmem_adsp

Let me rephrase: Because our stuff is currently using legacy PMEM instead of ION thus changing anything related to ION won't change anything for us at the moment.

Thumbs up if someone puts together kernel etc. with ION for ace. I know way too little C and kernel in general to do the trick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 05:32 AM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
About battery life?
8th December 2013, 06:48 AM |#414  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobidor

About battery life?

I guess you are asking how well the battery lasts with this rom.

I have been using the banks minimal gapps, so using very little Google play services as that has always a big battery drain for me, and am finding the battery life very good.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using xda app-developers app
8th December 2013, 08:00 AM |#415  
Flag Morocco
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Is synergy dead? where is he? he is really good for kernels ( also roms )
8th December 2013, 08:52 AM |#416  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikodu

Is synergy dead? where is he? he is really good for kernels ( also roms )

No, he's not dead. He's just very busy with cfx. I know he would be enormously helpful with 100% focus on ace but as this is voluntary work we all do we can all also choose what we want to do.

He's currently doing things for the benefit of the whole platform though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 10:00 AM |#417  
Flag Volgograd
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Let me rephrase: Because our stuff is currently using legacy PMEM instead of ION thus changing anything related to ION won't change anything for us at the moment.

Thumbs up if someone puts together kernel etc. with ION for ace. I know way too little C and kernel in general to do the trick.

Thanks for explanation

I have Sense kernel with PMEM ADSP and ION enabled for all other stuff

I've ported ION allocator to our board and fixed errors\issues\troubles to get everything working

It was hard ... I spend ~1 week of sleepness days

so , I think it's possible to port ION on AOSP kernels ...

I will share it in a moment in a new theme

The thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2560386
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coloured_chalk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coloured_chalk Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 11:02 AM |#418  
Flag North
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As we talked to the past I'd love to see a 3.4 kernel for our phone but again it needs at least one programmer with good knowledge of C and kernel experience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evronetwork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evronetwork Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 12:38 PM |#419  
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
Quote:

Coincidentally I have been working on getting ION to work. I just had to fix a few things because Juansheng did a lot of work a long time ago to get ION working for msm7x30.

Just booted up the first build and browser and Gmail work fine no black boxes

Next step will trying to see if we can use the newer gpu drivers.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to paulb_nl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulb_nl Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 01:00 PM |#420  
Thanks Meter: 1,663

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

Coincidentally I have been working on getting ION to work. I just had to fix a few things because Juansheng did a lot of work a long time ago to get ION working for msm7x30.

Great news!
8th December 2013, 01:33 PM |#421  
Flag BRZEG
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

i know it's to fast to ask this question - is that kernel is/will be faster then pmem one?
The Following User Says Thank You to KalZakath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KalZakath Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace, cm11, desire hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)