Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Broken or Loose Cable?

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By BuLLitz, Member on 7th November 2013, 02:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Screen Broken or Loose Cable?
What do ya think?

The first image is how it boots up. Note the solid BAR down the screen and the AWESOME color display to the right.

If I put a little pressure on the device as if I am twisting it, the colored lines go away and I just have the solid bar running down the screen.

Its still fully functional.. other than that anyway...

Anyone ever see that before???

So, screen or cable?

8th November 2013, 11:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 692

More
I think your display cable is not fly seated.
9th November 2013, 02:17 AM |#3  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cable
Yup it's the cable. Sorry bro
16th November 2013, 02:50 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertomiro11

Yup it's the cable. Sorry bro

Is that a bad thing? Thats easier to fix than the screen though (I hope), right?
16th November 2013, 09:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 692

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLLitz

Is that a bad thing? Thats easier to fix than the screen though (I hope), right?

Should be. Remove the bezel (carefully) and then the back.
I made a guide on how to safely remove the bezel here: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...on-issues.html

Back has 10 screws, one at each corner and then three between the back and the glass on the two long edges.

Video cable and backlight cable are near the power port. Check that they are seated.
8th December 2013, 06:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederuco

Video cable and backlight cable are near the power port. Check that they are seated.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to fix my TF101. The screen was flickering in all sorts of colors, but it went back to normal when tapping it slightly onto the table, so it was clear it must have been some loose cable or the like. The connector was physically out of its socket, just sitting in front of it, looks like a miracle it still had enough connection to transmit any display image at all. The tablet had been with ASUS repair about a year ago for a touchscreen issue, so apparently some technican there failed to reconnect the cable properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)