10th December 2013, 02:32 PM |#472  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,434

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjand

I can't believe how quickly this ROM is coming along, we may have a fully working 4.4.2 before Christmas!

I hope not. Then I would have problems how to spend my spare time.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 02:40 PM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I don't know if this has been on the table yet, but just wanted to let you know;

I wiped my phone completely and installed CM11, and GApps what was mentioned in the first post. GApps did not install correctly, said something about recursive and gave an error "code 7" or something like that. I was stupid enough to not write it down.

Then I read the thread further, and discovered that there's a newer GApps available. BaNkS's thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857 had GApps for 4.4.1 and it works fine.
10th December 2013, 02:52 PM |#474  
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Haha yea this vidc issue has taken up a lot of time already. I managed to find a way to get videoplaying working with either ION or PMEM but videorecording is still very stubborn.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to paulb_nl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulb_nl Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 03:00 PM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
Quote:

I think after your hard work on your ROM's and your paid job you could do with a break.

Is this ROM going to be pure CM11 or a CM11+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

Haha yea this vidc issue has taken up a lot of time already. I managed to find a way to get videoplaying working with either ION or PMEM but videorecording is still very stubborn.

You nearly managed to get a fully working ION implementation done under the radar. Great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjand Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 03:24 PM |#476  
Hồ Chí Minh
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleversham

Brother, please speak English. This a beta version , and black box in browser and Mail, and orther Apps user webkit have same error. Please wait, i think this problem will be resolved.

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computervip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift computervip Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 04:58 PM |#477  
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :P

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-...ts/cm-11.0-wip
https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_...45498a8d0d3692
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to paulb_nl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulb_nl Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 05:39 PM |#478  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjand

Is this ROM going to be pure CM11 or a CM11+?

Just regular CM. My plan that I shared with you via PM to go further with 10.2 was mostly because there was already CM10.2 rom out from someone else. Obviously my plan never got anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

Turns out camcorder is working now. I rebuilt qcom-media and video playing and recording works. I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work with ION and trying to add back other PMEM memory but finally I got the right one :P

https://github.com/paulb-nl/htc7x30-...ts/cm-11.0-wip
https://github.com/paulb-nl/android_...45498a8d0d3692

That's great! Now I can't wait to get back home. This will be very long 2-hour train trip!

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 06:20 PM |#479  
Flag Miami , Florida
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Awww yeah now perfect kitkat is ready to be baked , someone give paul a medal

Sent from my HTC M7 using Tapatalk
10th December 2013, 06:22 PM |#480  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buutti

I don't know if this has been on the table yet, but just wanted to let you know;

I wiped my phone completely and installed CM11, and GApps what was mentioned in the first post. GApps did not install correctly, said something about recursive and gave an error "code 7" or something like that. I was stupid enough to not write it down.

Then I read the thread further, and discovered that there's a newer GApps available. BaNkS's thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012857 had GApps for 4.4.1 and it works fine.

Hmm, you most likely had errors due set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive functions which don't exist in our current recoveries. Those two were introduced to provide methods to set SELinux parameters in addition to regular permissions. The kernels in our current recoveries most likely don't have SELinux enabled either so there's some extra work for the rainy day.

All in all, looks like gapps package in CM wiki is using those two methods. I forgot to check that before switching the gapps link in the first post from BaNkS' package to the one in CM wiki. Sorry about that. I'll change it back once I'm back at home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 09:37 PM |#481  
Flag BRZEG
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:

There's always 3.4 waiting - i think it would be timeeater

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace, cm11, desire hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)