Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

Search This thread

mrbgpati

Dec 15, 2011
Good to go?

We'll continue to develop for it, but for now, please consider it on hold indefinitely. We won't start selling it until we are 100% positive that all the issues has been fixed.

On your website, it's showing that the iloome Flex for the G2 is available for purchase. Are all the kinks worked out with this glass screen protector? I'm sure many of us would like to know as us fellow G2 owners are in the hunt for a good glass screen protector. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

m4570d0n

Nov 20, 2011
Houston
OnePlus 6T
i never said it wasn't glass. what i did say is it's not TEMPERED glass. tempered glass doesn't bend. also, i don't believe the iloome
protector is " glass " as they state. maybe a " plexiglass ", but not glass in a general sense
Yeah, this is not a factual statement. In fact, it is the opposite of a factual statement. You should probably stop posting about this and and possibly confusing people as you have no idea what you're talking about.

deathshead

Aug 8, 2010
Loving the g2 with a naked screen, the screen on the g2 is the smoothest,best feeling screen on any device i have used to date. Droid life described it as "buttery" and the rounded/curved edges add to that effect.

Personally i think it adds to the experience a lot.

Its like using condoms. You are taking a chance but doggonit if your extra carefull its worth it as its soo much better without one lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Been using android phones for the last five years or so, and I had no idea places made actual glass protectors. Def going to pick one of these up.. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Ibanez33

Mar 29, 2010
Do any other companies besides iloome make these for the g2? I ordered the screenmate but I'm not impressed.

stefanos7

Mar 9, 2013
Does anyone have pics of the illome?

I ordered one on Monday, shall receive it soon, will post some pics when I get it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

I have it for 3 days and I'm really excited. Used to have the spigen for the iPhone but this has the same quality feeling but it is so thick as a simple protector. Sorry for the best quality of the pictures but I used the nexus4 :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386930864085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386930864085.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 689
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386930877190.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386930877190.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 671
Reactions: wizzcap

deathshead

Aug 8, 2010
I dont understand why these venders cant just take a mold from the actual screen with curves and all and produce a proper piece of glass.

But then again dealing with the Chinese/Korean oems can make you want to pull your hair out sometimes getting the details right and the timeframes involved, 4 weeks. Prototyoe recieved no good. Another 4 week etc etc.

WiZARD7

Oct 25, 2007
It's the "new" version? How much it flexes? (Tempered glass, or glass screen protectors does NOT flex or almost nothing)

I'm between this and iLoome (flex or tempered if they release soon).

Thanks for your reply!

I've ordered it in early november, I don't know whether it is the new or not.
There was not much flex, I believe it is tempered glass.

Reactions: NMSX

ChrisFSU

Jan 7, 2012
So if I got this right...

iloome = no air bubbles, but bends so it might not be glass?
m-glass = true tempered glass but some produce air bubbles?

Is that about it?

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
So if I got this right...

iloome = no air bubbles, but bends so it might not be glass?
m-glass = true tempered glass but some produce air bubbles?

Is that about it?

Why does everyone keep saying glass can't flex? I used to be a glazer. 10x6 sheets of 8th inch tempered glass and they flexed a lot before breaking. The thinner you go, the more flex it will have.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: markrulesallnow

jasonsf

Oct 27, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I've been using the glass-m for a while and have been really happy with it. I noticed something today. Before I put the protector on, my sunglasses would black out the screen in landscape because of the polarization. Now, it doesn't happen anymore. Could the protector be undoing the polarizing affect of the original screen?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

wizzcap

Oct 28, 2013
I dont understand why these venders cant just take a mold from the actual screen with curves and all and produce a proper piece of glass.

But then again dealing with the Chinese/Korean oems can make you want to pull your hair out sometimes getting the details right and the timeframes involved, 4 weeks. Prototyoe recieved no good. Another 4 week etc etc.

Really all they have to do is design it to come closer to the edges so it doesn't look so goofy. At least the illome looks a lot thinner than the glass-m

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
I'll say one thing... I have now had the mime and the iloome flex (which is currently on my g2)and, while the iloome is about the same size as both the mime and the glass-m, it has absolutely zero bubbling issues.... All the way to the very edge of the protector. Not only that, but it is WAY thinner than the mime was, which would explain the flexibleness. I think I finally found a tempered glass screen protector that will be a winner!! Oh, the nano coating seems smoother on this than the mime as well... My fingers seem to slide much easier.

The application was extremely easy... I followed the instructions to a T, other than using my own masking tape for the hinges. I have absolutely zero bubbles and zero dust under this thing... Can't even tell it's on! I highly recommend the iloome flex!!

Last edited:
Reactions: anonymousss

gemstocks

May 25, 2009
I ordered one on Monday, shall receive it soon, will post some pics when I get it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Installed it today, as others mentioned , the size doesn't cover the whole screen, had some chirps on one side, touch feel is very responsive, just like the glass.

2vsp94x.jpg

15xpmrd.jpg

2rhs5cg.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387071668638.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387071668638.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Reactions: Totriet and yyz123

yyz123

Nov 4, 2013
Installed it today, as others mentioned , the size doesn't cover the whole screen, had some chirps on one side, touch feel is very responsive, just like the glass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the pics.
Chips on the edge of a brand new screen protector is pretty bad... :eek:

Although, it does look really thin though, you hardly notice it's there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

We are sooooooo sorry about this whole situation and to all our iloome customers who have purchase the LG G2 ScreenMAte products. We sincerely apologize for the experience.

We are aware of the issues with lifting at the edges and we are working to fix this problem as soon as possible. All customers affected by this issue will be given a full refund upon request. All you'd need to do is send us your Order ID #, a picture of the issue (so that you don't have to send us back the packaging and record-keeping purposes) and the carrier that you are using on our support email, and we'll handle the rest.

We know we screwed up, and we are really sorry for whole fiasco in regards to LG G2 products. We completely understand if you are furious with us, and we promise you that we'll make it right! We'll also continue to improve that similar issue never arises again!
    OK, so, my Glass-M arrived today! Odd, as the tracking code never showed anything at all. But, it's here.

Firstly. The protector DOES fit. It will cover the width of the screen as the previous pic showed. You just have to have the steadiest hands in the world to achieve the 100% perfect placement. I think I did not achieve this, but, I'm 95-98% happy with how I did it ha ha. But, have no fear if thinking of ordering, it does fit.

Touch response is exactly the same to be honest. Very pleased with that. Colours are basically the same too. All following pics are screen brightness at 50%.

I have no air bubbles, but had to lift it up once to replace it, which has made the top edge 'prongs' a little less sticky, but, they are stuck down still, and don't interfere with the screen, so all good.

I am using it with a Spigen Slim Armor case. It all fits perfectly, so that is one case for sure that will work with it :good:

Anyway, enough blather from me, enjoy the pics! (sorry, all pics of my phone itself were taken with a lumia 520 :()

Slight 'rainbow effect on top left as I was very close to going over the lcd panel. Be careful when applying. Not really a big issue when looking at it normally though.
    K, just did the installation of the iloome flex. Followed the direction on their youtube page and it was pretty smooth. The results however, I'm not totally satisfied. The size of the protector is pretty much like the stock protective film used by LG. I used that to line up the glass, to make sure it's as aligned as possible for clearance. Since I know the edge of our screens are curved. Anyway, right now it looks like there is 1 to 1.5 mm of lift around the edge of the protector. So far the lifted edge is still within the bezel, so it's not visible, and does not obscure the screen YET. I am happy they cut the glass around the front camera lense and sensors. I also have it installed with the Dizontric Matte TPU case. There is barely a hairline clearance on the sides between the TPU case and protector. Here are some pics, it was difficult to get my camera to focus. Better than nothing though right?
    Ships on 10/4 apparently... It looks like it's some kind of glass, maybe not the normal hard tempered glass type, but they claim 8H hardness.

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-Protector-Flexible/dp/B00F4IIGMM
    I've also received my Glass-M protector.
    It is perfect.

glassm1.jpg

glassm2.jpg

glassm3.jpg

glassm4.jpg