Who dropped it?

Search This thread

Endoran

Dec 14, 2010
I didn't drop my nexus 5, i have skinny jeans and if front pocket i cracked scree, badly, phone was there alone and screen was in leg side, pretty week screen. Broke from pressure on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What kind of pressure was on it? From what I've read gorilla glass 3 is quite bendable. Maybe you ran into something or banged something on it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

omigosh

May 4, 2008
dropped my from 6 feet above ground, Ringke fusion case absorbed the shock. No exterior/internal damages visible, still looking as new as ever :D

Reactions: rabaker07

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I didn't drop my nexus 5, i have skinny jeans and if front pocket i cracked scree, badly, phone was there alone and screen was in leg side, pretty week screen. Broke from pressure on it.

Wow dude if that's what it did to your phone I can only imagine what those skinnys are doing to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gefilus

Nov 4, 2011
kuldiga
What kind of pressure was on it? From what I've read gorilla glass 3 is quite bendable. Maybe you ran into something or banged something on it?

I used note 2 before, i o broke pocket 2 times with note 2, idont know how. I think its not, crack placement looks like i bent in somehow

gefilus

Nov 4, 2011
kuldiga
Picture

Attachments

• 1386843899535.jpg
    1386843899535.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,280

AceKingNYC

Sep 28, 2012
New York City
I've dropped it THREE times, and that's FOUR times too many :laugh:

Seriously though, third day with the phone I had it in my sweater pocket. She pocket was very shallow though, i'm in the car, step out and it falls out onto the concrete. I have the spigen slim armor, took the hit - no scratches on the case and the phone is completely fine.

Second time: Im taking it out of the slim armor case, and as im peeling the case back, I didn't hold everything tight enough and I sort've flipped the phone out of the case a few feet away. Luckily NO damage or scratches. Was lying face down but I had the spigen glass protector.

Third time, I knocked it off my desk - no damage bc of the slim armor and glass screen protector.

I almost never drop my phone, But it's like this one was meant to hit the floor.

it's held up extremely well tho.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I dropped mine the other day. From waist height (I'm 5'8). I had it resting on a pouch on my duty belt and forgot it was there when I was walking to my car. Fell right to the ground and landed face down, I feared the worst. I picked it up and not a scratch.

My phone is in a ringke fusion case which now has a scuff on the corner (would have been a devastating blow for a naked phone). But all in all it survived.

+1 - Dropped mine a few nights ago in the market, face down from my coat's breast pocket. I am 6'3" & it landed face down, after being flung during a catch attempt, about 12' away on a concrete floor. Fortunately, I too had it in a Ringke Ultra Hybrid, so again... Not a scratch.

droidsrus

Nov 18, 2009
bridgeport, ct
Skinny jeans shouldn't be able to crack the screen. That sounds suspect as hell. Lol same was being said about the n4. I have both. Mines is fine and I had no case for quite some time too. Took a few 3-4 ft falls also. Still mint.

gefilus

Nov 4, 2011
kuldiga
Skinny jeans shouldn't be able to crack the screen. That sounds suspect as hell. Lol same was being said about the n4. I have both. Mines is fine and I had no case for quite some time too. Took a few 3-4 ft falls also. Still mint.

I dont know how i can explain. Basicly phone was in front pocket facing screen on to my leg, and some how i took girlfriend and just laid here close to ground and some how there was a huge force on phone, feela like i broke pocket but later when i took it out it was screen.

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
So the moral of the story is to get a case get a glass screen protector and don't wear skinny jeans lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vesu

Cirkustanz

May 5, 2010

Uh, skinny jeans + bending/crouching is a recipe for disaster. This is especially true with thin phones such as ours. :)

vodka7

Jun 26, 2010
Dropped mine in the dressing room at H&M, I had taken my phone out of my pocket and put it on the little chair in there (about 15 inches off the ground), it feel flat onto the concrete floor face first, the plastic around the edge of the glass is dented in two places, and almost can see white under one of the dents... This thing absolutely needs a bumper case, should have got one from day one, build quality is **** as far as im concerned.

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
the phone does feel incredibly "naked" by electronics standards and almost feels as though it was designed with a required case in mind. super rough front edges, protruding camera lense, fingerprint magnet, etc

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)

God telling you to get an iPhone to match your skinny jeans I think?

>^.^< Sent From Meow G2

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Moto G and Moto X for that matter would like to have a word with you...

Have you actually seen the overall size of the motox. Its 6mm bigger than a iPhone 5s. That's where your money savings went. Traded my motox in a week cause it was like a toy. Had a great ui and all but was just tiny.

>^.^< Sent From Meow G2

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me
Dropped mine from 30cm armrest to wood table, landed right on the corner and just shattered the whole phone, the device itself still works perfectly luckily. $210 to fix it :(

Had it for two weeks, took care of it then it falls off a lounge armrest and shatters *RAGE*

Top Liked Posts