MANILA2D(QVGA) - Auto Update Manila2D weather and set it as wallpaper.

You dig this?

• Yeah, I dig it!

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • NO! This is BUNK!

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
was able to update m2d...and tried again with the weather cities...now i am not getting any cities at all when i go to locate my home city and put it in. i think im confusing myself

First of all, witch one is the patched one V1 or V2?

And me to have the same problem with no cities showing up in the list.
I used and older already edited list to get my city.
The problem was allready there before started to change my xml or my manila.exe files.

jonnyj771

May 8, 2009
Davenport, Iowa
First of all, witch one is the patched one V1 or V2?

And me to have the same problem with no cities showing up in the list.
I used and older already edited list to get my city.
The problem was allready there before started to change my xml or my manila.exe files.

not sure...I would have to ask Rory B since he's the one that cooked this rom up. I believe it's the most recent version, but don't really know.
I went back to the weather cities and took out my changes. It is working again now. but still don't have my home city's weather available. i'm not sure what to do next. anyone have any insight?

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
This Mortscript reads the registry to get weather icon number from the first weather city in your list. It does not do any weather checking. It does trick M2D to check the weather without you having to go to the weather tab to get an update.

Your conversation sounds like you need to be on the thread about weather xml editor. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=554857

v1 and v2 are the same except one was not unsigned before editing, but both have been signed for software permission after editing.

Lightning303

May 20, 2009
great idea how to get weather into home tab. since the new manila version doesnt work on my device, i played a little bit with you script.

if its ok for you, i may upload my stuff so other people can use it too.

jonnyj771

May 8, 2009
Davenport, Iowa
QVGA vs. VGA

not sure...I would have to ask Rory B since he's the one that cooked this rom up. I believe it's the most recent version, but don't really know.
I went back to the weather cities and took out my changes. It is working again now. but still don't have my home city's weather available. i'm not sure what to do next. anyone have any insight?

I have been wondering if my problem this entire time is the fact that my device is a vga device and not a qvga which can make a "huge" difference in why my weather city is not showing up, and why i have so many problems upgrading m2d. could this be my issue?:confused:

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
For those of you that do not want weather on the today background, but want to have weather update automatically in the "background". Remove the ".txt" copy to PDA and run script.

Attachments

• WxUpdater.mscr.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 27

D1n0

Aug 23, 2006
I've been searching now for a long time to find a solution for automatically updating the weather in background on WM6.5.

I've reviewed your script, but the registry structure seems to be changed in manila 2.1 on WM6.5. Can't find any information about the actual visible manila page and so on in the registry.

I don't have any solution yet, but maybe someone has the samel problem with manila 2.1 and has additional information.

mikem75

Apr 19, 2009
hello

I have a small problem with the weather. I have Ryrzy rom 6.5 21876_m2d, it is working the update of the weather, but untill next update the picture will not be change.(if i will update now the weather I will have the moon picture untill next update, even if it will be after 3 days). The same problem is in Home tab and in weather tab.

Last edited:

S.V.I

this setup is for manila 1.5 not the one from mega. if you are running the older version and have problems updating the weather tab then you have a problem with your manila. the script updates the home screen wallpaper from the weather tab. so there is your problem. get your weather tab updated then then your wallpaper will update too.

jrod4571

Feb 8, 2010
I dont know if you can help me but my weather tab doesn't function. I can hit menu and hit about which takes me to the internet weather channel but I when I hit "add location" nothing happens. same with people tab and settings tab.

jrod4571

Feb 8, 2010
keep getting message that says " check your weather tab. There appears to be no icon set" what needs to be done.

RoryB

Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I dont know if you can help me but my weather tab doesn't function. I can hit menu and hit about which takes me to the internet weather channel but I when I hit "add location" nothing happens. same with people tab and settings tab.
Sounds like a bad install. How did you add manila to your ROM?
keep getting message that says " check your weather tab. There appears to be no icon set" what needs to be done.
The script checks the registry setting of manila that indicates the weather image it is showing on the weather tab. If the registry value is empty, you get that error message. Does the weather image show on your weather tab?

Last edited:

iTTi

Nov 1, 2009
Lahore
Need some SERIOUS help!!!

Hey,
ok i'm not going to waste your time here, i just got this new rom which is perfectly fine but its missing the home screen weather part. I need it in there, so PLEASE just explain to me in simple steps how to do it cause i'm new to this HTC KAISER. This is my 1st htc phone
Please help. :(