14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By 123talis, Junior Member on 29th October 2009, 11:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi. I have GPS problems with my TP. Rom I use is
Energy Rom Genesis (20th September)
Radio: 1.14.25.05
and of course with WM 6.5 build 23016 v 5.2.23016
All apps like GPS test, ChartCross GPS test etc. are still i trouble connecting to satelites. There are that columns, which may be up or down, depends on signal (i suggest) but i have nothing there.. numbers are changing, but no signal, nothing. I tried to install iGo and TomTom and Garmin etc, they found GPS in phone, set it, but then half an hour waiting and nothing happened. It seems to me that there are smoe problems with maybe WM 6,5? Since I have WM 6,5 installed I meet this problems. there were no problems such this before.

29th October 2009, 11:44 AM |#2  
GER - NRW
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I had gps problems with eliterc4(winmo 6.1) with the same radio version as yours. after I changed to energy rom build 21864 (winmo 6.5) I get a gps lock in about 12 seconds..
so it`s not winmo 6.5 fault. try to update your radio to 1.14.25.35
29th October 2009, 02:46 PM |#3  
Flag Mariaparochie

More
Same here,

The troubles I had with GPS fix were not related to the ROM version. I had the same trouble with several 6.1 and 6.5 ROM's

After switching to radio 1.14.25.35 I have a fix within one minute.

Of course, don't forget to use quick GPS to locate the birds to get a quicker fix.
29th October 2009, 06:48 PM |#4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 90

More
have you tried the official gps fix available on htc site ? That fix solved all my gps problems
29th October 2009, 08:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
When you invoke GPS Test, what do you see. Are there any bars ? If yes then how many and what's the reading of those bars.

If you do not have any bars, click menu->GPS setting. Make sure it is Com-4 and 4800 baud.

Try GPS test outside (open air) and see if you get any bars. If you do then see if they improve by time. Usually first lock take 2-3 minutes, sometime more.

Do report here, and I should be able to help you.
29th October 2009, 10:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdor

When you invoke GPS Test, what do you see. Are there any bars ? If yes then how many and what's the reading of those bars.

If you do not have any bars, click menu->GPS setting. Make sure it is Com-4 and 4800 baud.

Try GPS test outside (open air) and see if you get any bars. If you do then see if they improve by time. Usually first lock take 2-3 minutes, sometime more.

i use port 38400 and fix is near instant from a cold reboot. with the .25.35 radio of course.
29th October 2009, 10:45 PM |#7  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i use standart 4800 baud rate with com4, and before i start any gps navigation software i try to update quick gps, then run GPS tool to find fix and then TomTom or any other software
30th October 2009, 01:24 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdor

I have installed recomended radio, and drove by car like 30 minutes around trying to get signal from iGO, but nothing. GPS test freezes on "GPS Starting up" GPS port is on 4 and Baud rate on 4800(It is responding, so not ordinary freeze, but I mean that its just doing nothing).
There are several columns with numbers under them (or bars I sugest this is what you think) Numbers are following: 32, 24, 29, 02, 22 ,18, 04, 11 and they change (but after few minutes they are in this order, and then again some other variations) I think, that one of variations is starting with 30 and the other with number 17 HDOP is still 0,00 and FIX is 1D.

Or what should I try ? I have been using iGO GPS when I was on WM 6,5 I think already, It was PROven Rom, but I dont remember which version, so i cannot try to flash it and test it.
One more thing- GPS test has been running as I was preparing for a drive (maybe 5 minutes) on a parapet of an opened window, But it didnt catch a signal.

I have found GPS fix on HTC page, I will post some new experiences tomorow, please If you have any idea, tell me.
30th October 2009, 12:20 PM |#9  
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Getting a fix whilst moving is normally a lot harder than if you are static.

The Raphael GPS is not the best and can be quite laggy.
Ensure that AGPS is disabled as this is not supported by most cell networks at present. Update the quick GPS software.
Find an area with a clear view of the sky and you should get a fix within seconds.

AGPS is noramlly the cause of the GPS not getting a fix at all.
AGPS settings can be found in Setting\System.

Cheers,

Beasty
30th October 2009, 11:32 PM |#10  
Flag Vila Real

More
Exclamation GPS
Hello everybody.

I just adquired Raphael from ebay and was having the same problem.
Or i did, all solutions provided are correct but for this particular problem they are not.
In short, was its the problem ?
Well, both HTC screwed up the Raphael perhaps in the rush of lauching it to the market, to achieve sales. Both WM 6.1 and 6.5 will sufer from this so there isn't a safe ROM or Radio.
The procedure to solve this is this webpage:
http://eduardoarruda.wordpress.com/2...htc-touch-pro/

Ain't advertising nothing and don't know if i can share this page like this, but i have done the procedure in my HTC Touch Pro, and it has worked, Tom Tom 7 is now working.
Try it yourself (only if your GPS stopped working).

Pro: Works pretty well, gps takes a little bit to fix on satellites ~3 sec.
Against: Hard reset only when needed, when truly needed. Or do everything again.

Basically:
1 - Update ROM to most recent and the best for you.
2 - Disable HDSPA, it seems that it causes problems in connecting to 3G network
3 - Yes, you can update QuickGPS and follow the rest of the procedure which shows the shorcuts to edit the registry and images to ilustrate that.

If its necessary i can translate it, but dunno whose credits its belong.
31st October 2009, 12:26 AM |#11  
Baltimore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast0898

Getting a fix whilst moving is normally a lot harder than if you are static.

The Raphael GPS is not the best and can be quite laggy.
Ensure that AGPS is disabled as this is not supported by most cell networks at present. Update the quick GPS software.
Find an area with a clear view of the sky and you should get a fix within seconds.

AGPS is noramlly the cause of the GPS not getting a fix at all.
AGPS settings can be found in Setting\System.

Cheers,

Beasty

if you're on AT&T, then use APGS

Also. if you go into GPS settings, make sure you have "auto" as port number.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)