FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

5,294 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,105

By kasper_h, Recognized Developer on 15th December 2013, 10:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
15th December 2013, 11:17 AM |#11  
Flag Faro, Portugal
Thanks Meter: 174

Donate to Me
More
Just out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Downloading and flashing...

BIG BIG THANK YOU...

ps: 0AY28610E29000713, I know it's not that much but thank you...
The Following User Says Thank You to jv.batista For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jv.batista Ad-Free

15th December 2013, 11:17 AM |#12  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mformarcee

Kasper, I know how much time and effort you put into making OMNI work with our devices. I just wanted to say a big thank you, for making this a real thing. You are awesome

+++++++++++++++++++++ 1
15th December 2013, 11:26 AM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jv.batista

Just out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Downloading and flashing...

BIG BIG THANK YOU...

You mean with the data connection?

I still don't know what the real problem is. If I build my kernel with the Omni build system, data won't work. If I build my kernel with the CM11 and replace the Omni-build kernel for this CM11-build kernel, data works.
There are several differences between Omni & CM11:
-ramdisk differences (but adjust Omni ramdisk to make it almost identical to CM11 does not help)
-kernel image itself (it is not the same size, even though it is build with exactly the same toolchain)

I have spend many-many hours on this, but haven't been able to find it. Therefore, I decided to take the simple approach of using the CM11-build kernel as a prebuilt kernel for my Omni builds.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2013, 11:27 AM |#14  
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Allgäu
Thanks Meter: 9,579

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h

Did you read the instructions? First flash should be after a factory reset + /system wipe
I tried a dirty flash myself, resulting in a bootloop

Yes I read it, but tried it anyways ...and my post/feedback was meant as a warning or tip for all others, not to try it without! Sorry for the confusion!
15th December 2013, 11:32 AM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01

Yes I read it, but tried it anyways ...and my post/feedback was meant as a warning or tip for all others, not to try it without! Sorry for the confusion!

Don't worry, I actually like it when people post these things as people don't always read the instructions anyways so having some additional warnings throughout the thread are fine with me
15th December 2013, 11:50 AM |#16  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 74

More
no "Themes" option (snif, snif)
15th December 2013, 11:51 AM |#17  
Flag Morsang sur Orge
Thanks Meter: 439

More
Factory reset, system wipe, flash rom, flash gapps, OK, no FC.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P5110 avec Tapatalk 4
15th December 2013, 12:20 PM |#18  
Flag Faro, Portugal

Donate to Me
More
the only thing i noticed, beside the mackay settings fc was the broken layout in the sim unlock screen...

ps: swiftkey makes settings fc during configuration, I miss battery percentage and still have a 3 to 4 seconds lag when receiving a phone call until the screen lights up...
15th December 2013, 12:21 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
thanks!! i downloading now!!
15th December 2013, 12:30 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
Thank you Kasper, working fine here ! OMNI FTW !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv.batista

ps: swiftkey makes settings fc during configuration,I miss battery percentage

1. It fcs during setup when you launch it from the app drawer but if you go into System Settings -> Language & input , and you check SwiftKey and enter it's settings from there, it works to be configured with no FC. I think Switfkey is not updated to Android 4.4.2 or has an issue I think. Then you can use the keyboard.

2. Go to System Settings -> Battery -> Battery indicator, and select your desired icon with percentage.

Also for those that want RAM status and Clear all button in Recents Apps Window (Long press Home button pop-up) You can find those settings in System Settings under Interface section, click More.
The Following User Says Thank You to idCyber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idCyber Ad-Free
15th December 2013, 12:53 PM |#21  
Flag Faro, Portugal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber

Thank you Kasper, working fine here ! OMNI FTW !

1. It fcs during setup when you launch it from the app drawer but if you go into System Settings -> Language & input , and you check SwiftKey and enter it's settings from there, it works to be configured with no FC. I think Switfkey is not updated to Android 4.4.2 or has an issue I think. Then you can use the keyboard.

2. Go to System Settings -> Battery -> Battery indicator, and select your desired icon with percentage.

Also for those that want RAM status and Clear all button in Recents Apps Window (Long press Home button pop-up) You can find those settings in System Settings under Interface section, click More.

the swiftkey setup process worked fine in cm11 so it's something to do with omni. I did that after the initial fc but still got some fcs. i had to quickly press back after selecting the step so it would finish the setup guide.

as for the battery thing, I was looking for it in the interface tab, so that's explained...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread