FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US SIMs

1,895 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By Olipro, Retired Recognized Developer on 31st October 2009, 06:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
WU means Worldphone Unlocked, look out for the WU on all radio firmwares to indicate whether it's been patched as unlocked or not! (WV = locked)

YOU MUST BE SECURITY UNLOCKED IN ORDER TO USE THIS!!! - if you are not Security unlocked, you will get a Flash Write Error.

Flashing one of these radios will enable you to use a US SIM card in your device - if you flash a non-supported (non-patched) radio over this, you will lose the ability.

DOWNLOAD BELOW

1) 2.32.00WU (Sprint stock edited)Mirror1 Mirror2RECOMMENDED FOR ALL DEVICES REGARDLESS OF PROVIDER

2) 2.23.00WU (Verizon stock edited)
3) 1.96.10WU (Sprint stock edited)
4) 2.05.00WU (USCC test edited)NOT RECOMMENDED
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olipro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Olipro Ad-Free

31st October 2009, 06:07 AM |#2  
Alabama
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not Found

The requested URL /RhodiumW/RhodiumW_WU.exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Either im too quick to the draw or its not on the server yet but...
31st October 2009, 06:14 AM |#3  
Flag SF BAY AREA

More
Sorry my bad.
31st October 2009, 06:14 AM |#4  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Your SPL

More
corrected the link now.
31st October 2009, 06:25 AM |#5  

More
IMEI??
For the TP2 Sprint? Tried doing the *#06# but nothing happened.

Is it the one located under settings/ Device Info? Or the MEID on the back of the phone?
Maybe the website needs to reflect the correct info so other users are not confused as I am. Saw the same question at PPCG...

Thanks
31st October 2009, 06:26 AM |#6  
Retired Senior Moderator - The Bull Is Back
Flag In your SIM slot
Thanks Meter: 38

More
You have been stuck. Congrats on a job well done!
31st October 2009, 06:34 AM |#7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 49

More
HERE'S ALL THE IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. you must be security unlocked to flash this
2. the patch will not stick if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (SIM inserted of course ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.

ENJOY
31st October 2009, 06:35 AM |#8  
Flag Your SPL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by racolon

For the TP2 Sprint? Tried doing the *#06# but nothing happened.

Is it the one located under settings/ Device Info? Or the MEID on the back of the phone?
Maybe the website needs to reflect the correct info so other users are not confused as I am. Saw the same question at PPCG...

Thanks

only works if you're in GSM mode... look on the label under the battery or in Device Information
31st October 2009, 06:51 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex

HERE'S ALL THE IMPORTANT NOTES:

1. you must be security unlocked to flash this
2. the patch will not stick if you flash another radio but we'll release patched versions for other radios from time to time (for newest radios).
3. when you flashed the radio, you need to make sure to be in GSM mode (SIM inserted of course ), and if automatic network selection doesn't work, use manual selection in phone/options to register on the network.

ENJOY

i wasn't in gsm mode and once i flashed the radio, it went to 100% errored out and now i have an error message behind my bootloader screen that i can barely read. It says ........code error please try again. what should i do?
31st October 2009, 06:59 AM |#10  
Flag Your SPL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_e

i wasn't in gsm mode and once i flashed the radio, it went to 100% errored out and now i have an error message behind my bootloader screen that i can barely read. It says ........code error please try again. what should i do?

learn to read... it does say "it won't work if you're not security unlocked"

when they were handing out brains, what were you doing? having a piss?
31st October 2009, 07:08 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olipro

learn to read... it does say "it won't work if you're not security unlocked"

when they were handing out brains, what were you doing? having a piss?

why so much disrespect? I already security unlocked my device that wasn't my problem. I thought i had an issue because i flash the radio without being in GSM mode and She posted the iformation about that after i already downloaded the radio and flashed it. i just flashed a rom and it seemed to fix the problem. I had no idea you we so evil olipro that was definitely uncalled for
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)