Dont know but mine has
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE

gunjka

Aug 21, 2007
Dont know but mine has
RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE
My one also changed from QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT ENABLE to QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT NONE after i flashed stock BTU rom over Unrooted Stock O2U rom
Just wondering what secureboot stands for? maybe it will help anyway to remove KNOX protection?

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What is this mean???? :confused: RP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P1

I believe S T R A and P might be the friendly names for some of the internal qfuses used by samsung, and secureboot is a different internal qualcomm non-volatile register (but that one can be changed, unlike the qfuses).

My own EU N9005 is S1, T1, R1, A1, P1 and also SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB).

The qfuses seem to matter in certain unlocking scenarios - there is a document somewhere that describes how reactivation lock can be removed by Samsung themselves and that involves writing specific firmware that is different depending on the above flags (with something like 3 major options if I remember correctly).

In the past (as recent as first generations of i9505 I believe) SECUREBOOT: ENABLE was only used when a locked bootloader (I believe mostly AT&T and VERIZON) was active. That has changed with Knox - a non-secured boot does not quite sound compatible with the way Knox is supposed to work - so I believe Samsung is now using most of the time SECUREBOOT: ENABLE and eventually enforcing some other/further restriction from inside the bootloader.

The presence of SECUREBOOT: NONE suggests a much, much wider degree of freedom, and possibly from this state it MIGHT be achievable to bring a device to a state very close to factory.

Unfortunately so far we only know that a knox 0x0 secureboot: ENABLE can go to knox 0x0 secureboot: NONE (but at this point it is very, very unclear how that was achieved - if anybody has more details please post those). It is NOT clear if a knox 0x1 secureboot: ENABLE can go to secureboot: NONE (from where I would assume that knox might be easier to reset, but I could be wrong).

I believe right now the bounty here is over 2500 USD to reset knox and over 1000 USD in a few other Note 3 forums (I believe there are at least 5 major Note 3 forums), plus a huge amount of fame and karma so we might get to see some very interesting things on that subject :cool:

Last edited:

gunjka

Aug 21, 2007
I believe S T R A and P might be the friendly names for some of the internal qfuses used by samsung, and secureboot is a different internal qualcomm non-volatile register (but that one can be changed, unlike the qfuses).

My own EU N9005 is S1, T1, R1, A1, P1 and also SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB).

The qfuses seem to matter in certain unlocking scenarios - there is a document somewhere that describes how reactivation lock can be removed by Samsung themselves and that involves writing specific firmware that is different depending on the above flags (with something like 3 major options if I remember correctly).

In the past (as recent as first generations of i9505 I believe) SECUREBOOT: ENABLE was only used when a locked bootloader (I believe mostly AT&T and VERIZON) was active. That has changed with Knox - a non-secured boot does not quite sound compatible with the way Knox is supposed to work - so I believe Samsung is now using most of the time SECUREBOOT: ENABLE and eventually enforcing some other/further restriction from inside the bootloader.

The presence of SECUREBOOT: NONE suggests a much, much wider degree of freedom, and possibly from this state it MIGHT be achievable to bring a device to a state very close to factory.

Unfortunately so far we only know that a knox 0x0 secureboot: ENABLE can go to knox 0x0 secureboot: NONE (but at this point it is very, very unclear how that was achieved - if anybody has more details please post those). It is NOT clear if a knox 0x1 secureboot: ENABLE can go to secureboot: NONE (from where I would assume that knox might be easier to reset, but I could be wrong).

I believe right now the bounty here is over 2500 USD to reset knox and over 1000 USD in a few other Note 3 forums (I believe there are at least 5 major Note 3 forums), plus a huge amount of fame and karma so we might get to see some very interesting things on that subject :cool:
I tried it on both of my notes 3.
After flashing with odin 3.07 stock BTU firmware over unrooted stock O2U firmware changes secureboot TO NONE but leaves knox 0x0. Hope this helps someone

gunjka

Aug 21, 2007
Were the O2U phones also carrier-unlocked? What precise BTU firmware? Also, what configuration of flags did you have originally? What version of Odin was used?
the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before flashing.

Last edited:

gazeddy

Mar 30, 2011
the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before

as far as im aware my phone was always carrier unlocked. i never entered an unlock code. as for its original flags i dont know.

im running xxudmj7 now

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
the phones was unlocked by carrier via code send from o2, software version is latest mj7, odin 3.07. don't remember flags before flashing.

as far as im aware my phone was always carrier unlocked. i never entered an unlock code. as for its original flags i dont know.

im running xxudmj7 now

Was the ROM file named BTU-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131106115521.zip ?

Any idea about the O2U firmware that was originally on the phone?

Last edited:

gunjka

Aug 21, 2007
Was the ROM file named BTU-N9005XXUDMJ7-20131106115521.zip ?

Any idea about the O2U firmware that was originally on the phone?

N9005XXUDMJ7_N9005OXADMJ4_BTU.zip from sammobile
still got it on my pc if needed
firmware was o2u XXUDMJ7 OTA updated from previuos MJ1 version

Last edited:
My n9005 remains stock mi6. When I first got my phone I checked knox counter and wrote down the details. I had s1 t1 r1 a1 p1 secureboot enable. After 2 days I couldnt resist getting root and having to download large files with a slow connection stopped me from using rdlv. I bit the bullet and used kingo to root. I was able to root successfully. I immediately rechecked knox and it was good but I noticed p1 changed to p0 and secureboot NONE. That was since nov 4. I never bothered to check again. Reading this thread made me check again and now it is again p1 secureboot enable. I have never updated anything since day 1. Hope this helps someone make a sense of this knox.

gazeddy

Mar 30, 2011
Phone has downloaded a 26mb update its asking me to apply

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oddly enough mine is originally an o2u now btu

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk