Oct 25, 2011
It's finally here. Downloading from NYC. 695mb
e2e5u7ap.jpg

5ypeta9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EVOIXGSR

Oct 29, 2008
Can someone let us know if the update fixes the stupid screen rotation bug when you turn off auto-brightness. Also, if there is a noticeable change in overall snapiness. Thanks!

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
General noob question:

How would I go about rooting 4.3 for AT&T? Can someone point me to the thread of it exists? Yes I've tried the search function and no nothing exact came up. I don't want to mess up and then be "that guy" on here crying about making a noob mistake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
General noob question:

How would I go about rooting 4.3 for AT&T? Can someone point me to the thread of it exists? Yes I've tried the search function and no nothing exact came up. I don't want to mess up and then be "that guy" on here crying about making a noob mistake.

See Dr. Ketan and his thread regarding the bootloader on 4.3.....g

Reactions: Jspex

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
Keeping root after 4.3 update

General noob question:

• I rooted using this method while still on 4.1.2 and it worked flawlessly.
  • I then paid for and installed SuperSU Pro and activated "Survival Mode"
  • Lastly, after the OTA update was COMPLETELY finished, I followed this simple procedure to get root back again.

SuperSU disables Knox for you on 4.3 which is also nice. I should have qualified here that I am COMPLETELY stock other than root. I have not "frozen" any apps., deleted any Samsung provided files, etc. and I have stock bootloader and stock recovery. This will likely NOT work if you have done any of those things.

Last edited:
Reactions: sniktawm and Jspex

Jasoninaz

Feb 13, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
www.clientrescue.com
I'm running a custom rom and rollouts/updates from vendors freak me out because I don't trust not one of them. Knowing AT&T they have thrown in some bit of encryption that locks the bootloader. I understand this might not be the case this time but I do know none of them can be trusted.

Now if you excuse me, I'm 1/2 done with 1984 the book and my tin foil hat is making me itch.

smithjohnatpa

Nov 10, 2009
Guys I need help I am stuck, I am using unlock att with tmobile, I check software update but it days interrupted, and I even tried with kies but it's not connecting at all, I tried 2 pcs.... Any help... What to do to update it... Please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

chris.l.naish

Oct 26, 2011
XDA Developer Forums! ;-)
  • Lastly, after the OTA update was COMPLETELY finished, I followed this simple procedure to get root back again.

SuperSU disables Knox for you on 4.3 which is also nice.

I have a few questions for you and/or those more in the know:

If I were to do this same thing, would I be able to flash a custom recovery (like TWRP) and/or flash custom ROM's/Kernels like I can already do now? One of my main concerns is that the stock kernel doesn't support Boeffla Sound, and that really makes for better audio on this device...might as well take full advantage of that Wolfson DAC...

I have to admit, it would be nice to be able to use pure AT&T stock, but rooted, as a base...this is why I loved the old CleanROM AT&T SE so much...

TIA for any guidance you can give on this.

Side note: after ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 MA4, it says I have a 741MB update I can take....I'm sure that's this 4.3 update...Culpeper, VA here. :)

Last edited:

teslafied

Mar 16, 2009

SuperSU disables Knox for you on 4.3 which is also nice.

I did the same as marchusdavis but it resulted in a total disaster. After I downloaded the OTA update from AT&T I restarted my phone and it installed through CWM-Touch. At the end it asked if I wanted to ensure root was maintained and of course I said "yes" there (as well as through my SuperSU Pro Survival Mode). When it booted, my WiFi no longer works AND I lost root. :(

If anyway has any advice on how to get to a stock 4.3 from here please let me know!

akaNeel

Jul 4, 2012
New York City
Ugh, having trouble updating atm.

Goes up to 30%, then my phone reboots and says

"The update was interrupted" or something like that

On stock 4.1.2 rooted with stock recovery if anyone can help.

marckusdavis

Apr 6, 2007
I have a few questions for you and/or those more in the know:

If I were to do this same thing, would I be able to flash a custom recovery (like TWRP) and/or flash custom ROM's/Kernels like I can already do now? One of my main concerns is that the stock kernel doesn't support Boeffla Sound, and that really makes for better audio on this device...might as well take full advantage of that Wolfson DAC...

I have to admit, it would be nice to be able to use pure AT&T stock, but rooted, as a base...this is why I loved the old CleanROM AT&T SE so much...

TIA for any guidance you can give on this.

Side note: after ODIN'ing back to 4.1.2 MA4, it says I have a 741MB update I can take....I'm sure that's this 4.3 update...Culpeper, VA here. :)

I don't believe so, as I am completely stock, bootloader and all. If you want to install other ROMs, you'd need to use a different method I believe. Likely downloading this update either via Kies or something else, and use ODIN to do everything. If you search around a bit on XDA, you'll probably find someone who has done it successfully and posted how. While I like custom ROMs, I have not had a need to use one yet on this device. However, if Samsung doesn't eventually give us Air Command, that might be enough to make me try it! ;)

killa83

Dec 17, 2010
Is it possible to get the official update from the leak or do I have to downgrade to 4.1.2? I tried updating from the leak but it said it's the latest version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the OTA file http://www.mediafire.com/download/00kavsl80t0gkh9/I317UCUBMK6.zip
    Use recovery to flash it. Only works if updated from MH3 build.
    Is there a flashable version of this? If not, can somebody make one? Thanks.

The update has only been out for a few hours and we are asking for .zip files already ??
    Sheesh...
    Give the devs some time to pull it apart and clean it up...unless you would like Knox and a bootloader lock ??
    actually even better and easier if you have the ota .... mk6 installed
    and got it through the ota update process
    and rooted
    and have recovery installed

please make a backup of modem and boot
    and upload it pretty please

twrp or philz should give you the option under advanced backup

Modem

Boot

Both taken from ota i317ucubmk6
    Yay! ... sounds like I am stuck.

Do you think there is chances for anything to come out soon, to be able to TWRP easily?
    Sorry, noob-question, but hey, that's what I am ... :cyclops:

Thanks for your help!! Appreciate it!

Check out the thread I posted today in the Dev section... It's stock i317 4.3, which you can flash from twrp. It is rooted, but if unrooted is desired you can do that from SuperSU.

If you're already on the MK6 bootloader there's no way to clear that knox counter, but if you stay on MJ4 or below you can Odin back via UCAMA4, cf-auto-root, run triangle away, then run SuperSU to unroot.... if at any point you want your phone to show as official with no custom counters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

As crazy as this sounds, I wish I could go back to completely unrooted stock 4.3...I did the other day, but after I went back to stock and took the mk6 OTA, I got stupid and rerooted it...So Knox is of course tripped, ..... (yes, I know this sounds weird, but after playing with my phone so much over this past year, I've simply decided I'm done with all that stuff...just personal preference).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If you've had your phone for a year that Knox counter doesn't mean much... The risk exists only while in warranty should a repair be needed. There's some speculation that it might be used to deny a future OTA update, but that remains to be seen.

The packages I posted today are 100% stock ucubmk6 except for the bootloader, which you already have.

If you want stock recovery, pm me and I'll show you how to set this up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app