[OTA] Z Ultra GPE - 4.4.2 Update Zip

Search This thread

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
This update is quite interesting actually :)

http://paste.omnirom.org/view/38942c5a is the updater-script.

The only "main" check here is that you're not downgrading the version of the firmware, via a ro.build.date.utc, and that the device being flashed is a C6806.

Asides from that, it's a regular full install to the device.

The only "patch" file is recovery-from-boot.p, which will only update the recovery if it needs done. This seems to be designed to prevent a downgrade of recovery (you can't downgrade it if the zip always tries a binary patch on it).

kramnod

Mar 11, 2010
Metro Manila

The only "main" check here is that you're not downgrading the version of the firmware, via a ro.build.date.utc, and that the device being flashed is a C6806.

The only "patch" file is recovery-from-boot.p, which will only update the recovery if it needs done. This seems to be designed to prevent a downgrade of recovery (you can't downgrade it if the zip always tries a binary patch on it).
Can't wait for this to become available on non-GPE ultra!

Last edited:

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
I'm gunna mod the updater script and try and flash it on my C6806. I'll let u know how it goes.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Do not flash this as is. Hard bricked my c6806, lol. Oh well. I needed to send it in anyways. It has a dead pixel...

Phone wont even turn on......usb picks it up as a unidentified device. Any suggestions? lol. Not a big deal if i broke it. Was goind to send it in next week anyways.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Do not flash this as is. Hard bricked my c6806, lol. Oh well. I needed to send it in anyways. It has a dead pixel...

Phone wont even turn on......usb picks it up as a unidentified device. Any suggestions? lol. Not a big deal if i broke it. Was goind to send it in next week anyways.

Are you serious? Have you tried to press and hold VOL UP when you plug it into the computer? The LED should be blue (Fastboot) and if you press and hold VOL DOWN while you plug it in, it's in Flashmode (no LED). See if Flashtool picks it up. If not, well.. it's dead.

pedal2themedal

Feb 27, 2009
KS
Are you serious? Have you tried to press and hold VOL UP when you plug it into the computer? The LED should be blue (Fastboot) and if you press and hold VOL DOWN while you plug it in, it's in Flashmode (no LED). See if Flashtool picks it up. If not, well.. it's dead.

Yeah, no fastboot no nothing, lol. It flashed with no errors thought it all was well and it would not turn on. Dag flabbit, lol.

Was fully rooted and unlocked as well. So weird that I dont have fastboot.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a link to the signed 4.4.2 update.zip

Thanks to @Bin4ry to helping me pull it off after logcat parsed the url.

Mega

Official OTA URL thanks to @oldblue910

I gave it a quick try and got the same result as @stiggy2012, though I didn't FTF .290 since I want to stay on .257 for CM.

I can't get it to boot (flashing red LED) with either the stock GPe boot.img or my modified insecure boot.img.

If someone else wants to try on .290, here's my insecure GPe boot.img.

You'll need to stick it in your update.zip since it can't be fastbooted.

http://goo.im/devs/bigxie/togari/insecure-ZUGPe-boot.img

Maybe I'll take another look at this later when I have some more time. Anyways, happy holidays folks!
    Yeah, it is a "reduced" s1boot. Maybe we can find a way to activate "hidden" flashmode functions ;) i really think there would be some use for it. But i have to go through my files first when i have again some time (again: need to finish my thesis :p :D )
    I can already think of a way we could convert between the two s1boot versions, maybe i am right, but i have to get my hands on a TA dump from a GPE edition phone. If someone with GPE edition is willing to share the TA dump with me i would be happy, but WARNING: TA dump holds some sensitive informations like IMEI, current version and god knows which additional informations sony put in there in the GPE. So only share it with me if you are good with that.

For all who does not work with sony devices on regular base: DO NOT MODIFY THE TA IN ANY WAY! IF you screw a wrong bit there you will end up with a 100% dead device. The only 2 ways to restore the device with a dead TA is either:
    1.) Resign TA with the RSA simcards i already told you about
    2.) Modify a s1boot version to skip the signature checks and try to write it over JTAG/QCOMM Diag etc.

So, this was intended as a warning again, i saw too many dead phones, and this devices are not cheap ;) i just want to save your money :D

Regards