Hell untraceable wakelocks on i9192

Search This thread

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
I tried everything to get rid of this untraceable wakelocks.

Anyone found any solution than restarting the phone?
Restarting the phone doesn't work for me but read on in forum.

Last edited:

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
What wakelock, i9192 has a terrible battery drain, 2-3% per hour, i haven't found any wakelock and still have drain :(

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SandeepEmekar

b0g

Oct 21, 2012
try another battery, i think some phone has the same problems like some s4, the battery

Ammitz

Jun 13, 2013
New Delhi
Even I have noticed 3% battery drain in complete standby mode...
also lag or stutter in mine I9192 :(
coz of this, there isnt any feel of 1.7Ghz dual core processor..
i mean its not at all diff from grand duos processor.. nothing better.. rather more laggy!! Dont know what the reason may be...

Last edited:

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
Do you remember the steps you took?

That would be of great help to every one

First of all I played with following things.

1. Rooted the phone and changed the Kernel.
2. TricksterMod: Changed Governor, Changed IO Scheduler.
3. Installed PurePerformance Script Pack.
3. Changed to different region firmware. (This is where my knox status reset to 0x0)
4. Rooted again and created profile in SetCPU to underclock to 486mhz when display is off.
5. Edited build.prop for some tweaks.

Now battery drain in idle time is 1.7% per hour.( I keep data off)

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
@c0bain:

Here are the dump files.

There is significant less battery drain compared to last time because I have underclocked the processor on display off profile with SetCPU.

Attachments

• BBS.zip
    37.2 KB · Views: 23

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
@c0bain:

What does this code means of dmesg?
Is it related with CPU core?

"<4>[ 1282.913199] Restarting tasks ...
<4>[ 1282.934289] QSEECOM: qseecom_receive_req: Interrupted: exiting wait_rcv_req loop
<3>[ 1282.934319] QSEECOM: qseecom_ioctl: failed qseecom_receive_req: -512
<4>[ 1282.934533] QSEECOM: qseecom_receive_req: Interrupted: exiting wait_rcv_req loop
<3>[ 1282.934563] QSEECOM: qseecom_ioctl: failed qseecom_receive_req: -512
<6>[ 1282.936120] report_state_of_charge: Reported SOC = 79"

rufik

It's Qualcomm Secure Execution Environment Communicator driver for DRM.
I took a look into your BBS log and that's what I think:
- uninstall JuiceDefender, RAM Booster Pro, you dont't need them,
- freeze Battery Monitor Widget Pro (for a tests),
- use newest BBS (1.15 afair),
- leave a phone at least for 2-3h untouched, no calling, no messaging, no any usage,
- make a dump using "screen of -> current" references.

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
- leave a phone at least for 2-3h untouched, no calling, no messaging, no any usage,

I had used the phone in factory setting.
i.e. no apps installed but issue still persist.

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
@rufik:

Here is the new dump of 1hour.

Phone was in 96% Deep Sleep maybe because I forgot to switch back to "Ondemand" Governor.
It was set to "Interactive".

rufik

@rufik:
Here is the new dump of 1hour.
Phone was in 96% Deep Sleep maybe because I forgot to switch back to "Ondemand" Governor.
It was set to "Interactive".

Make a dump using "screen of -> current" references with no usage of phone. And not just after reboot, let the media scanner service end up.
Other way dump is pretty useless...

Last edited:
Reactions: SandeepEmekar

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
@rufik:

Here is the dump of "Screen Off->Current'.

Phone is perfectly staying 96% in deep sleep but hits 810mhz frequency rest of the time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This folk said the problem was fixed by changing the main board :

Well, Guys. Sorry to interrupt here. But I am that folk whose standby battery drain problem was solved by changing the motherboard.
    I have searched here as well as in other forums regarding this problem. What I have found out is this:
    That S4 mini 9190/9192 produced before October(probably one batch from which unfortunately we all bought) has faulty power manager chip attached to the mainboard. That causes that excessive standby drainage. It is precipitated by a random thing like opening video player, removing micro usb cord, etc.
    After a reboot this chip behaves normally till some random thing makes it go haywire.
    So my advice is to change your motherboard still under warranty period. Even if your phone is new, and your MOBO has this faulty chip, you will have this problem as it is a manufacturing defect.

PS1: 3% battery power drain per hour with out doing anything in a new phone is definitely abnormal. Do not waste your time in flashing new firmware, changing kernels or removing SIM cards.
    PS2: To know your RF date press *#12580*369#

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for sharing your findings. Would you mind to share your references about the faulty power managmeent chip ? Because it would be useful to have them to convince Samsung to change the main board.
    For information, I have the same problem with my SGH-I257M (the canadian I9195 variant). and my RF cal date is 2013-09-21.

My story in brief: Bought S4 mini 9192 in october end. RF date- August.
    Battery was draining like hell at 3% per hour randomly and frequently. 2 sim, one sim, flight mode, after factory reset, 3G, 2G, with/without Samsung microsdhc card, changing kernels(brazilian,pakistani,etc), flashing new firmware/reflashing firmware- nothing worked. BBS did not show any major abnormalities also. Sometimes if I took the battery out for a few hours then this phone would lose about 0.5% per hour with dual sim and 0.3% per hour with single sim. This worked for 12-24 hours then the same 3% per hour battery drain problem recurred.
    I went through all the related threads in s4 mini section here as well as in some other forums. In one forum, one Russian friend who had similar problem was told by a tech friend about this power management chip problem in s4 mini and he conveyed that information to me. For him also changing mobo worked.
    With this information I fought with Samsung guys. They initially did not believe me thinking that as I am a doctor I do not know anything about phones. Then I gave the phone to them for checking and after 2 days they accepted that it was a hardware problem and changed the mobo.
    Now my drain rate is 0.5% per hour with dual sim and 0.2% per hour with single sim. New mobo RF date is october.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2
    @SandeepEmekar: Read all posts in this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2380723 to have some insightful informations.

Some have fixed it by flashing the arco68 kernel (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980) and one has convinced Samsung to replace the main board which seems to have fixed the problem.

Like a lot of s4 mini owners I have this problem too. Since I don't want to flash a I9195 kernel on my SGH-I257M variant, I'm waiting hopefully for a firmware fix.

A temporary workaround is to reboot the phone each time it is unplugged from the charger. Then the battery consumption drop from 4%/hr to 1%/hr with wifi and data activated.
    What wakelock, i9192 has a terrible battery drain, 2-3% per hour, i haven't found any wakelock and still have drain :(