FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TELUS/Bell/Rogers Note 2 I317M users 4.3 update is here!

129 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By bugs9477, Senior Member on 26th November 2013, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2013, 10:14 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just thought I'd share my experiences with the latest 4.3 update. I'm happy to report that update seems to be running fine after some tweaking. I was on 4.12 stock prior to update rooted with Cf Auto root no custom recovery (twrp or cwm etc)

I did not unroot prior to updating. The 4.3 update was installed via kies on pc. Had a lot of issues after the update similar to all those reported (fast battery drain, lag, inconsistent wifi performance, etc). I did not do a factory reset because I was lazy and didn't want to setup everything all over again. Though in hind sight it would have been the best way to go to avoid all the problems.

Here is what I did to get root and get rid of the problems.
- clear cache partition
- root using Cf auto root & odin
- install SuperSU via play store. It will complain that binaries are not installed & reroot is needed
- reboot & reroot using cf auto root
- run supersu and it will now install the binaries and you'll have root access
- reboot & select the Cleanup reinstall SuperSU from play store option (may not be necessary but seems to clear up some weird issues for me), reboot
- install Titanium backup and view your apps filtered for 'knox'. Freeze/disable all 6 or so entries. You're now knox disabled
- install Goomanager & run the Install open Recover script option which you can use to install twrp or cwm if you want a custom recovery
- boot to recovery and use to clear cache and dalvik cache, followed by backup

20th December 2013, 04:34 AM |#152  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 4,176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4

So... is it safe to flash (downgrade) 4.1 stock (including BL) via Odin having 4.3 BL already?

Anyone tried this yet?

Will not work...
Once you flash the 4.3 BL...you own it...
A return to stock firmware is no longer an option until the devs can fix it...

The new BL flags when flashes are registered and not signed by Sammy..

An efuse is blown...and warranty is gone..

It's too late for me....save yourselves and don't update...and if you do...well ...I just wouldn't ....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregsarg Ad-Free
20th December 2013, 08:02 PM |#153  
Flag Brampton, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flashing 4.3 to work with Fido
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs9477

705.39MB

I'm not installing until the morning I'm too tired!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have a Sgh-137m running presently on fido on a modified OS *as per the device status*
What I'm planning on doing is flashing 4.3 rogers release using odin to get everything back to stock

Would my unlocked status be undone and would a straight flash using odin run smothly
I've downloaded the ziip file approx. 1Gb
Please advise would i lose the unlocked status and also a working link for a legit Rogers version download would be great.
20th December 2013, 08:27 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarquis

I have a Sgh-137m running presently on fido on a modified OS *as per the device status*
What I'm planning on doing is flashing 4.3 rogers release using odin to get everything back to stock

Would my unlocked status be undone and would a straight flash using odin run smothly
I've downloaded the ziip file approx. 1Gb
Please advise would i lose the unlocked status and also a working link for a legit Rogers version download would be great.

Your phone will remain unlocked (mine stayed unlocked)
Download the Rogers 4.3 ROM from Sammobile and flash via Odin (it will be a tar.mdf file)
Download CF-Auto-Root-t0ltecan-t0ltevl-sghi317m.tar for rooting 4.3 via Odin

Odin ROM: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...-I317M&pcode=0
Root Android 4.3: http://download.chainfire.eu/279/CF-...etrieve_file=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurassic512 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jurassic512 Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 05:14 AM |#155  
Flag Brampton, Ontario

More
Wink Flashing 4.3 to work with Fido
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassic512

Download the Rogers 4.3 ROM from Sammobile and flash via Odin (it will be a tar.mdf file)

Odin ROM: ...............
Root Android 4.3: ........

You've got my confidence super hyped... solid answer! I'm gonna give it a go... got my credit card on hand for that unlock code from cellunlock if necessary
Downloading from the sammobile link and contemplating whether to backup anything considering all my data is backup on my Drop box.

What would be the best backup utility free to do an restore using stock Recovery utility or Odin if possible?

Is this sammobile download unrooted..I'm assuming its stock not rooted?

Is there a way to unlock my rogers note 2 to get back onto Fido without dishing out $15?
Does Rooted = Unlocked = ?
Does Rooted + Software "hack" = unlocked?

Either way.....paid or not do I have anything with CSC code to bear in mind considering I'm using it on a Fido network?

Sorry wanted to be thorough

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote:

Odin ROM:..........................................
Root Android 4.3: [..............................................]

I guess I want to maintain stock and still receive with OTA updates while unlocked to work with Fido
21st December 2013, 04:43 PM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
does anyone know if you can just flash the 4.1.1 modem onto 4.3? does the unlock via hidden menu available? in theory there should be no reason why it would trip any counters correct?
22nd December 2013, 02:47 PM |#157  
Flag Brampton, Ontario

More
Talking Flashing 4.3 to work with Fido
Just getting bk out there to thank you guys for just keeping this post alive and answering whatever you guys could. Give love you get love..
SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED 4.3 AND LOVING IT
flashed via odin on an unlocked Rogers sgh-t137m working bearutifully on Fido
bricked it twice but didnt get scared 3rd time was a charm as they would say. Came back up running with all stuff from 4.2. Factory reset and clearing cache from my custom recovery was what helped things going before flashing with odin successfully. Flash was successful and EVERYTHING is back to stock including stock recovery software

Few things i did notice, on the second attempt...From Download mode...

Knox Warranty Void: 1
System Status: Official
Custom Binary Download: Yes (6 counts) ***did not increase after the odin flash*
Ap Swrev: A2
Current Binary: Samsung Official

Knox warranty was void from the second attempt as something went wrong and had to clear cache and flash with odin on the 3rd attempt.
whatever Knox is up to seems like its keeping close tabs on Samsung devices whether we want to or not.

Thanks to bugs9477, jurassic512

P.S
Device Status Says OFFICIAL
23rd December 2013, 04:00 AM |#158  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarquis

Just getting bk out there to thank you guys for just keeping this post alive and answering whatever you guys could. Give love you get love..
SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED 4.3 AND LOVING IT
flashed via odin on an unlocked Rogers sgh-t137m working bearutifully on Fido
bricked it twice but didnt get scared 3rd time was a charm as they would say. Came back up running with all stuff from 4.2. Factory reset and clearing cache from my custom recovery was what helped things going before flashing with odin successfully. Flash was successful and EVERYTHING is back to stock including stock recovery software

Few things i did notice, on the second attempt...From Download mode...

Knox Warranty Void: 1
System Status: Official
Custom Binary Download: Yes (6 counts) ***did not increase after the odin flash*
Ap Swrev: A2
Current Binary: Samsung Official

Knox warranty was void from the second attempt as something went wrong and had to clear cache and flash with odin on the 3rd attempt.
whatever Knox is up to seems like its keeping close tabs on Samsung devices whether we want to or not.

Thanks to bugs9477, jurassic512

P.S
Device Status Says OFFICIAL

Knox Warranty Void: 1 happened to me too. I think it happened when I rooted 4.3 with CF-Root via Odin. At boot, I got a warning in the status bar saying something stopped an app from running and it was SuperSU. Supposedly, after Knox warranty is void (1), you cannot flash a non Knox firmware. I haven't read anything about your phone being bricked for attempting to, just that Odin will fail to flash the firmware. A couple people said Samsung will still honour the warranty for the device, but it won't reset the Knox 1 flag.

I doubt the S4 or Note 2 will get an official Kit Kat update so if I'm stuck with 4.3 I'm cool with that. I used to flash a lot, but not anymore.

I guess there is a $2000 bounty for anyone that can reset/reverse the Knox flag. *fingers crossed*

FYI, Knox was designed to secure BYOD (bring your own device) approved phones you use at work.

Some info on Knox:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...firmwares.html

Update:
http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/33...%80%99t-secure
23rd December 2013, 06:04 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poy

I'm downloading for my Rogers Note2

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...ode=0#firmware

This is the rogers link the samsung site provided for Rogers 4.3

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/256558847/...5_RWC.zip.html

hotfile seems to be down, and the sammobile redirects to http://terafile.co/794ed926ebec/I317...YACMK5_RWC.zip, which is horribly slow. can someone upload this to mega?
23rd December 2013, 04:06 PM |#160  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by messerchmidt

hotfile seems to be down, and the sammobile redirects to http://terafile.co/794ed926ebec/I317...YACMK5_RWC.zip, which is horribly slow. can someone upload this to mega?

If the download is slow, stop it and try again. It worked for me.
24th December 2013, 07:11 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

If the download is slow, stop it and try again. It worked for me.

I am uploading it to MEGA now, will post link when I am done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)