FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2013, 06:54 PM |#931  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

VMLite Remove VNC Server doesn't require root. It just easier if you have root access. Otherwise, you'd need to use their VMLite Android App Controller software to start up the service.

Yes I know, but it is so complicated to physically connect. But I was being lazy. Allready rooted my S4 with Odin now. When I finish working I will give it a try. But I think the speed is much slower with VNC.

BTW, what is your opinion about the new Volvo ACU update. Should I update or not...
20th December 2013, 09:10 PM |#932  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:

The best way to test which of your third-party apps are using the libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so file is to rename it to libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so.bak then play it in your app. The song will probably play using the generic codec when it is not found. But, if you check the logcat messages then you'll see a corresponding error message; like, "E/TIOMX_CORE( 3630): dlopen libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so failed because Cannot load library: load_library[1104]: Library 'libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so' not found", if the app at least attempts to play it using the hardware accellerated codec.

I did this, and there are no such error messages when using Neutron and com.parrot.musicplayer! So neither uses the libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so library. The new Neutron 1.76.1 NEON seems to run stable, and has the least amount of stuttering I encountered so far. I will start using this player now to see how it holds up in daily use.
20th December 2013, 09:22 PM |#933  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noten093

Yes I know, but it is so complicated to physically connect. But I was being lazy. Allready rooted my S4 with Odin now. When I finish working I will give it a try. But I think the speed is much slower with VNC.

BTW, what is your opinion about the new Volvo ACU update. Should I update or not...

Pfew operating the phone your way from the SCT is no good for me. It is also much slower then the MirrorOp. I will test it more..
21st December 2013, 11:11 AM |#934  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
OK, I took the risk. Installed the Volvo update this morning. Rerooted (without any problems) and after a second reboot found that ADW is still installed with all my apps.

Happy updating all!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gebla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gebla Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 12:38 PM |#935  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gebla

OK, I took the risk. Installed the Volvo update this morning. Rerooted (without any problems) and after a second reboot found that ADW is still installed with all my apps.

Happy updating all!

Thanks your a hero!
21st December 2013, 04:53 PM |#936  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Happy updating all!

Did you notice any difference with the new fw? Any new settings/apps?

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk
21st December 2013, 04:57 PM |#937  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Happy updating all!

Thanks. And indeed hero!
21st December 2013, 05:22 PM |#938  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

• have to set the source through ACU Home (I know, I can't blame Volvo/Parrot for this one)

I thought about this and realized that the SCT.plf did not have the com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk like the Asteroid Smart & Tablet. I guess its ACU Home launcher is calling up the individual sources using Java instead of Android Intents. I've included a copy of the APK, maybe if someone is willing to experiment putting it into /system/app then they can try to bring up the list sources using activity manger. If it works then an application package can be created using Tasker App Factory or a launcher shortcut with QuickShortcutMaker.

Quote:

Here's how it is on the Asteroid Smart.

Code:
# dumpsys package com.parrot.activesources
Activity Resolver Table:
  Non-Data Actions:
      com.parrot.source_button:
        405f3a38 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity filter 406f5c10
      com.parrot.ACTIVE_SOURCES:
        405f3a38 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity filter 406f5d80
      com.parrot.ACTIVE_SOURCES_FROM_MENU:
        405f3a38 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity filter 405f3cb0
      android.intent.action.MAIN:
        405f3a38 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity filter 406f5a28

Packages:
  Package [com.parrot.activesources] (40657a38):
    userId=10035 gids=[]
    sharedUser=null
    pkg=Package{405f3110 com.parrot.activesources}
    codePath=/system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk
    resourcePath=/system/app/com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk
    nativeLibraryPath=/data/data/com.parrot.activesources/lib
    versionCode=1
    versionName=1.0
    dataDir=/data/data/com.parrot.activesources
    targetSdk=10
    supportsScreens=[small, medium, large, xlarge, resizeable, anyDensity]
    timeStamp=1969-12-31 18:01:23
    firstInstallTime=1969-12-31 18:01:13
    lastUpdateTime=1969-12-31 18:01:23
    signatures=PackageSignatures{40657b08 [40659378]}
    permissionsFixed=false haveGids=true
    pkgFlags=0x1 installStatus=1 enabled=1
# am start -n com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity
Starting: Intent { cmp=com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity }
#
Using the above activity manager line brings up the the following screen.

You can even use the activity manager to call up the intent's action to toggle the highlighted sources and after a few seconds if there is no changes it will launch into the last highlighted source.
Code:
# am start -a com.parrot.source_button -n com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity
Starting: Intent { act=com.parrot.source_button cmp=com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity }
Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front

Anyways, let me know the results any one of you tests it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk - [Click for QR Code] (453.0 KB, 79 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 09:34 PM |#939  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

I'm starting to believe the Parrot Music Player uses the hardware in a way other apps don't or can't, so it will always have a severe advantage.

I did notice the process /system/xbin/ck5050 using a lot of CPU when playing music (using PowerAMP). The CK5050 seems to be a Parrot chip that handles audio, bluetooth, iPod connectivity and voice recognition. Since this is not usually found in Android devices, there is little chance other music players will ever fully support it I suppose.

Quote:

I just checked and even when playing an mp3 using com.parrot.musicplayer the ck5050 process takes 12% CPU. This is about the same as with PowerAMP.. so that doesn't explain the skipping.

Quote:

I did this, and there are no such error messages when using Neutron and com.parrot.musicplayer! So neither uses the libOMX.TI.MP3.decode.so library

I installed strace to get a handle on how it works. After a bit of testing, it appears that your first hunch was correct. The ck5050 process seems to be loading the mp3's in to the Parrot module. Below, I start tracing the process as I fast forwarded through the different songs.

Code:
# ps ck5050
USER     PID   PPID  VSIZE  RSS     WCHAN    PC         NAME
parrot    1291  1     76752  16848 ffffffff afd0c5cc S /system/xbin/ck5050
# strace -fp 1291 -o /mnt/sdcard/strace-ck5050.txt
# awk '/mp3/&&/open/ {print $2}' /mnt/sdcard/strace-ck5050.txt | sort | uniq
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136JU4M_(disc_0)_07_-_If_I_Could_Give_You_More.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136JU7E_(disc_0)_05_-_He_Is,_They_Are.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136LZ36_(disc_0)_04_-_Jill.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136LZ90_(disc_0)_08_-_The_Last_Payday.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136Q752_(disc_0)_10_-_She_Belongs_To_Me.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136S0KC_(disc_0)_06_-_With_Imagination_(I'll_Get_There).mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136S0KM_(disc_0)_02_-_A_Blessing_And_A_Curse.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Harry_Connick,_Jr_/Blue_Light_Red_Light/B00136S0LQ_(disc_0)_12_-_Just_Kiss_Me.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B000UBDLGO_(disc_0)_10_-_My_Funny_Valentine.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B000W0F6GG_(disc_0)_08_-_Sent_for_You_Yesterday_and_Here_You.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B000W0TGN0_(disc_0)_12_-_Moanin'.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B000XA203W_(disc_0)_14_-_Mary_Don't_You_Weep.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B0011Z325S_(disc_0)_15_-_Respect.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B001386MAA_(disc_0)_05_-_How_High_the_Moon_(Live).mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B0013AMS3S_(disc_0)_02_-_Solitude.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B0013ATIGS_(disc_0)_01_-_Boo_Woo.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B001CQMDIS_(disc_0)_16_-_Always_on_My_Mind.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B004M499IY_(disc_0)_06_-_Driftin'_Blues.mp3",
open("/mnt/sdcard/amazonmp3/Various_artists/Ray_Charles_-_Music_that_Matters_to_Him/B00607RLX6_(disc_0)_09_-_We're_All_Together.mp3",
#
I included the output of the file to this post and from it, I learned for the Parrot Media Player that...
  • The artwork for the current song is written as a JPEG to "/tmp/img/PlayerArtwork" file.
  • The current song information is written to "/tmp/concertos/Concertos.ini.tmp" in the "0=" line under the [SrcStack] section.
  • creating a blank file called "/tmp/UniversalLogger" will allow the CK5050 process to log its debugging information into it.
Incidently, PowerAMP and Neutron players do not seem to use the system codecs at all. PowerAmp uses FFMPEG (libffmpeg.so) library which is contained in "/data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files" directory. Whereas the Neuron player is using both MPG123 (libiauxmpeg.so) and FFMPEG (libiauxcodec.so) in the "/data/data/com.neutroncode.mp/lib" directory. Also, MX Player will use the Texas Instrument MP3 decoder if you enable it to be used as an audio player.
Attached Files
File Type: zip strace-ck5050.zip - [Click for QR Code] (262.2 KB, 75 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 04:02 AM |#940  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noten093

Pfew operating the phone your way from the SCT is no good for me. It is also much slower then the MirrorOp. I will test it more..

I actually tried MirrorOp Sender/Receiver this morning. Thought that it was only marginally faster. Maybe by a few fps but certainly not worth the $10 registration fee per app per device. However, this evening I had upgraded my Nexus 4 from Android 4.2 (Jellybean) to 4.4.2 (KitKat) and saw that the performance for VMLite VNC server had degraded almost by half. So, I almost considered getting MirrorOp. However, after I tried it, it looked like this...
Quote:

As you can see above that it was unusable for me. I guess it doesn't work very well on KitKat at least on my Nexus 4. Although, VMLite has degraded immensely at least it is usable. I've sent a message to both developers with hopes that someone will work the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
22nd December 2013, 07:20 AM |#941  

More
Quote:

I actually tried MirrorOp Sender/Receiver this morning. Thought that it was only marginally faster. Maybe by a few fps but certainly not worth the $10 registration fee per app per device. However, this evening I had upgraded my Nexus 4 from Android 4.2 (Jellybean) to 4.4.2 (KitKat) and saw that the performance for VMLite VNC server had degraded almost by half. So, I almost considered getting MirrorOp. However, after I tried it, it looked like this...
As you can see above that it was unusable for me. I guess it doesn't work very well on KitKat at least on my Nexus 4. Although, VMLite has degraded immensely at least it is usable. I've sent a message to both developers with hopes that someone will work the problem.

I didn't register yet. But I tried the dedicated Galaxy version. Maybe that is even faster.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)