FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2013, 03:35 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hth2813

So anyone confirm that working ?

Its working on my Kindle , I have installed zip file on my stock rom directly after success tried on custom rom please dont try this )

Here the image , Im newbie so I cant post an url or image
ttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/linh9linh/Mobile%20Uploads/2013_12_21_095655_zps2b5fc81b.png
The Following User Says Thank You to linh9linh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linh9linh Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 04:30 AM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec-Chum

You may have just given me the excuse I needed to root...

Can't download cm download provider files...I flashed zip and nothing? I'd rather change system files but can't download necessary files

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st December 2013, 08:03 AM |#33  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Works like a charm
Tried this on my 64GB version 7" KHDX.. works..
21st December 2013, 11:03 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I'm on my maxed out HDX 7" too, works, here's a bit of report...

Playstore: Works great

Gmail: opens, then crashes. Won't open again. This was uninstalled then reinstalled fresh from Play Store, same thing.

Chrome: opens, tries to sync account, crashes, won't open again.

Google Plus: works great

Photos: works fine

Google Search/Now: works great, but can't see the notifications. Blame Amazon.

Google Play Games: seems to work

Google Play Music: seems to work fine

Google News Stand: seems to work fine

QuickOffice: works fine

What's weird is the apps that you said you deleted from the script? They're still there when I rebooted. Weird, eh?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kschang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kschang Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 11:10 AM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang

I'm on my maxed out HDX 7" too, works, here's a bit of report...

Playstore: Works great

Gmail: opens, then crashes. Won't open again. This was uninstalled then reinstalled fresh from Play Store, same thing.

Chrome: opens, tries to sync account, crashes, won't open again.

Google Plus: works great

Photos: works fine

Google Search/Now: works great, but can't see the notifications. Blame Amazon.

Google Play Games: seems to work

Google Play Music: seems to work fine

Google News Stand: seems to work fine

QuickOffice: works fine

What's weird is the apps that you said you deleted from the script? They're still there when I rebooted. Weird, eh?

Strange, then there's probably a problem in the script. I'll try to fix that but i'm actually working on making a rom with all amazon stuff (apk, services) removed, which i did succeed ! I will focus on that if i have the time this afternoon (as everything is working) then we will see.
21st December 2013, 02:13 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
Donate to Me
More
The custom rom is almost ready, unfortunately i do have problems restoring system permissions ... (no wifi etc). Does someone know if there's some sort of generic permission example around ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 04:31 PM |#37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up You're the man!!!
Can't say how much i appreciate your hard work man!!! Thanks!
How do I start from a stock/clean backup...Do I restore to a rom slot and then do a factory reset?
21st December 2013, 06:49 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Strange, then there's probably a problem in the script. I'll try to fix that but i'm actually working on making a rom with all amazon stuff (apk, services) removed, which i did succeed ! I will focus on that if i have the time this afternoon (as everything is working) then we will see.

One note: I am running out of storage on my ROM slot. I'm at 100MB free, where Kindle starts screaming "Your device is critically low on storage!" and apps refuse to download. i think the default Settings App is hiding some details from me.
21st December 2013, 11:21 PM |#39  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
unroot
I am sending my hdx7 back due to the blue hue (which seems to be growing) and I need to unroot it. Do I unroot it with supersu and then just do a factory reset? I also have safestrap installed if that makes a difference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
22nd December 2013, 12:52 AM |#40  
ninjarobot's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortnoob

I am sending my hdx7 back due to the blue hue (which seems to be growing) and I need to unroot it. Do I unroot it with supersu and then just do a factory reset? I also have safestrap installed if that makes a difference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You do know that *all* hdx7's have the blue hue right? It is an artifact of the new quantum dot technology they are using that relies on blue LEDs. Your replacement Kindle will have exactly the same hue.
22nd December 2013, 12:57 AM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
not all...sipposedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobot

You do know that *all* hdx7's have the blue hue right? It is an artifact of the new quantum dot technology they are using that relies on blue LEDs. Your replacement Kindle will have exactly the same hue.

Read somewhere that amazon first released a statement that it was a defect and to return them but they recanted and said it's a feature. I aslo read on another forum where people ave received a replacement that doesn't have the blue hue.If it does than I will send it back to and just get a refund.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes