Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Your Choice of Android,
Android_OS.jpg

Choose your Flavor

First Time (Noob / Newb) to Flash a ROM on i9000
must read
Be Sure First.
NOTE: This guide is meant for i9000 only, not i9000B, M or any other mentioned below
There are 20 versions of Galaxy S, and their ROMS may not be compatible with each other,
Make sure you choose the correct ROM for you Device, before flashing it.
Galaxy S GT-I9000 Galaxy S International
Galaxy S GT-I9000B Galaxy S Brazil
Galaxy S GT-I9000L Galaxy S Chile.
Galaxy S GT-I9000M Vibrant Bell
Galaxy S GT-I9000T Galaxy S Latin America
Galaxy S GT-I9001 Galaxy S Plus International
Galaxy S GT-I9003 Galaxy SL International
Galaxy S GT-I9010 Giorgio Armani International
Galaxy S SCH-I500 Fascinate Verizon
Galaxy S SCH-I510 Droid Charge Verizon
Galaxy S SCH-R910 Galaxy S MetroPCS
Galaxy S SGH-I896 Captivate Rogers
Galaxy S SGH-I897 Captivate At&t
Galaxy S SGH-N013 SC-02B Docomo
Galaxy S SGH-T959 Vibrant T-Mobile (USA)
Galaxy S SGH-T959D Fascinate Telus
Galaxy S SGH-T959V Galaxy S 4G T-Mobile (USA)
Galaxy S SGH-I997 Infuse 4g At&t
Galaxy S SHW-M110S SHW-M110S Korea Telecom
Galaxy S SPH-D700 Epic 4g Sprint
Check your IMEI here When you are not sure what model is your device.
Always START Here
Fully Charge your Phone before Flashing
To Check battery level, (WITHOUT plugging in the USB cable).
type *#0228# in the phone dialer, and Voltage value is AT LEAST 3800 (mV).

Check list before attempting to flash a ROM

1) Correct ROM or kernel or required files for device was downloaded
2) Battery was fully Charged
3) Every thing Important was backed up to PC or Ext SD card or Cloud.
a) efs backup
b) Use Call logs Backup, SMS backup. App Backup from Play store and or simply copy everything How to save files to your PC
Note:-
It's assumed that you can and know how to connect your Phone to PC with USB cable

If you do not know, first install Samsung USB drivers on your PC/Laptop, than enable USB debugging on your phone by settings menu > Developer options > tick USB Debugging.
After this use only Samsung USB cable and plug it into your phone micro USB port and to your PC USB Port. ( Always use the Back USB port on PC as some ports may not connect well enough for flashing ROM's. )

If unable to connect your phone to PC for any reason, refer to this guide

How to put your device in "recovery" or "download" modes on Galaxy S i9000?

Volume UP + HOME + POWER will take you to recovery mode
Volume DOWN + HOME + POWER will take you to download mode​
Use Combo Key Press
attachment.php

Combo buttons must be used as shown above to get your phone into RECOVERY MODE or DOWNLOAD MODE

What if your recovery or download modes cannot be achieved by combo key press on your device?​

You can achieve it by methods suggested in My Android Solutions or by using a USB JIG.
Only Rooting or Flashing Kernels or Modems

Follow this, when your phone has a Froyo ROM and you just want to Root or Root and also have CWM
Needed Download for Froyo ROM:-
If you only want root on your Froyo ROM, just install z4root app
If you want root and CWM download a Speedmod Kernel and Flash to get CWM and Root your Froyo ROM. After flashing the speedMod kernel
1) Boot into recovery menu ( VolumeUp+Home+Power)
2) Select "Advanced features" ( Universal Lag Fix menu)
3) Select "Install Superuser" to be rooted

Follow this when your phone has a Gingerbread ROM and you only want Root or Root Plus CWM
Needed Download for Gingerbread 2.3.6 ROM:-
If you are looking at, only Root for your i9000 phone, it can be easily done with Framaroot app. (Its so easy these days)
But if you wish to have CWM recovery too, than flash a Semaphore Kernel or CF Root Kernel to achieve it.
i9000 Semaphore Kernels for Gingerbread, ICS or Jelly Bean & Kit Kat(select according to Version of ROM and chose the latest will be good enough )
i9000 CF Root Kernels for Gingerbread (select according to Version of ROM eg XWJW4 will also work for XWJW6 & XWJW9) )
Odin3 Flashing Tool ( attached below)
How to Flash Kernels?​
Normal Flashing Method :-
Procedure:

1. Fire up Odin3 on your PC and ensure KIES is not running on your PC by killing (Kies.exe , KiesTrayAgent.exe, and KiesPDLR.exe) using Task Manager

2. Put the phone to the Download Mode by pressing (VolumeDown+Home+Power) buttons
attachment.php
and connect the phone to your PC (your phone should be recognized)

3. now select PDA and choose the kernel you had downloaded

4. press Start Button. Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot

That's it you have now rooted your phone as well as have CWM Recovery.
When you have NO access to a Computer or USB Cable
Procedure:-

When you do not have a PC or a USB cable to work with, you can flash Kernels, Modems and even ROM's by using certain Apps like Mobile Odin, Flashify , Flash Gordon or any kernel flashing apps from Play store . So download and install them on your Phone. Detailed guide
In a nut shell, for safety reasons Mobile odin cannot be used to Flash a pit or EFS file, but all others are easily done from your phone without the need to use your PC. Hence CWM can be flashed with a Kernel meant for your phone and from here you can update to ICS or Jelly Bean without a PC or USB cable.

To make it simple

1) Copy File to your SD card (Rom, kernel , or flash files in .tar format)
2) Run Mobile Odin
3) Select Rom/kernel/Modem under Open file , it will automatically sort out the files in the ROM
4) Now you can tick EverRoot, Inject Superuser, if you wish or just flash without them
5) Flash Firmware

That's it, Odin will do everything and you will boot up in NEW firmware or Kernel or Modem
Flashing Modem's

Download Stock or ICS or Jelly Bean or Nexus modems from Here

The procedure for Flashing Modems is the same as flashing kernels
Select the modem you wish to test or install as "PDA" in Odin3 and press "START" do not tick anything else or disconnect phone until flashing process is completed
Looking for a ROM? For Stock & Custom ROM or any software Downloads Go here | here or follow this [GUIDE] Unsure which i9000 ROM to choose? or look into the below database to chose what is best for you
Custom ROM's Comparison Database
Upgrading (from Eclair or Froyo) or downgrading (from ICS, JBean or KK) to Gingerbread (Stock ROM)
Included a kernel for Root and CWM (ClockWorkMod), needed for upgrading to ICS, Jelly Bean or Kit kat ROM's
This is a LIFE Saver ROM for your i9000, Flash this whenever you have a problem with your Phone or just to downgrade from any Custom ROM when you want to switch to another.

General advice prior to Flashing any phone

Its always best to do a "clean" install. meaning you should remove any old scripts, data, cache, junk before flashing a new ROM, this is like taking a bath before using new clothes. For some models it is a must do, for others it may not be a major problem or can be resolved by flashing the dbdata.rfs to clear out the remaining junk that you failed to remove before flashing . But if you had "lagfix" and did not undo it, it can cause internal SD card unavailable situation, which can be difficult to resolve.

Hence before flashing its advisable to
a) undo lagfix IF you had any.
b) Do a factory reset by settings>Privacy> factory reset ( erase SD Card - optional , as formatting SD card could be too) If you format SD card, save your Pictures and Music etc to PC first.
c) And even going into recovery to wipe everything is also good.
attachment.php
d) Removing SIM Card and External SD card ( makes it easier for phone to boot up initially after flashing a new ROM)

Doing this will give you a "CLEAN" install or fresh start for your phone,

IF you want to have it "AS IS" install, with all the stuff (with junk) in the SD card, you can do so too ( without formatting SD card) .

Video guide for first time ODin3 users "How to use Odin"

Downloads needed for undermentioned process

Use Odin3 Version 1.7 to 1.83 ( meant for Galaxy S1 series (attached below)
Attached below 3 i9000 PIT files ( use 512 only for re-partition ) or 512 PIT
i9000 JVU ROM with i9000 JVU CF ROOT Kernel download and unzip

FIRST ensure your phone (i9000) has more than 80% battery charge before attempting to Flash.

Procedure:

1. Fire up Odin3 on your PC and ensure KIES is not running on your PC by killing (Kies.exe , KiesTrayAgent.exe, and KiesPDLR.exe) using Task Manager

2. Put the phone to the Download Mode by pressing (VolumeDown+Home+Power) buttons and connect the phone to your PC (your phone should be recognized)

3. Select PDA > CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5

4. Select PHONE > MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5

5. Select CSC > GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5

6. Select PIT > 512 PIT (If 'Re-Partition' is not checked under 'Option', check it)

7. Press the Start button Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot

After which you repeat steps one and two (to flash the kernel for root and CWM recovery)

3. now select PDA > CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS

4. press Start Button. Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot

That's it, now you have a perfect Phone, rooted and having CWM recovery, ideal starting point for upgrading to ICS and after that to Jelly Bean custom ROM's

Any problems you may have after doing this, just look here for the solution to that particular problem.

As explained earlier (about clean flashing) if your phone reboots into recovery with some errors appearing in red after flashing the JVU ROM
attachment.php
it may be resolved by flashing dbdata.rfs (attached below) as PDA in Odin3 to remove the junk data files.
Using Heimdall to flash

You can do the same process using heimdall instead of Odin3 too, to use heimdall one click you can download i9000 Rescue kit and flash. or use [GUIDE] Flashing with Heimdall

or using Heimdall on a linux machine
Upgrading to ICS
First and foremost, the moment you want to Flash, the rule of the thump is you should have a EFS folder backed-up somewhere else ( external SD card or PC or cloud) How, Look here. And your Battery must have more than 50% charge

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your Gingerbread ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future.

Every developer has instructions as to how you should flash that ROM, in the thread you are downloading their ROM's, so you only need to follow it to acheive your goal

Download:-
you can choose the ICS ROM here or search XDA and use the guide in the developers thread of that ROM

Basic CWM Flashing Procedure

No need to read if you know how to use CWM flashing procedure​
From here on you won't be using Odin3 to flash anymore, you will use the CWM Recovery by using the 3 combo keys to enter recovery or you can use apps from Google Play like Mobile Odin, Flash Gordon or Flashify to Flash direct from your SD cards, so First you need to download the ROM of your choosing into your SD card ( Internal or External) together with gapps for it.

1) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" by press VolumeupKey+PowerKey+HomeKey. You do this every-time you want to switch to a JellyBean or iCS ROM or to utilize the many features this recovery has, like Backup/restore/fix permissions and mostly to do the full wipes (NEEDED to be done every time you want to SWITCH ROMS) etc

2) Once in CWM Recovery you do the Full wipes (use your volume keys to move up or down in the recovery menu to select and the power key to execute that command).

The undermentioned wipes need to be done and will constitute a FULL Wipe of your Phone but your SD card will not be fully formatted as such your Images and other non system files will remain as is.

a) Wipe data / Factory reset
b) Wipe cache
c) Enter advanced and wipe dalvic Cache

Once the full wipes are done,

3) You now choose the ROM you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard"
attachment.php
which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the ROM will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed"

Note:- Some ICS ROM's may need to be flashed twice as it will end-up in bootloop in the first flash
some need to be wiped again after flashing ICS, as certain apps may not work.*

so repeat the ROM flashing one more time

Also if you intent to upgrade to JellyBean after this, you don't have to flash Gapps here , so you can skip the next step and just "Reboot System" after this

Now you do the same selection process again (Step 3) to select the Gapps file and wait till it says "Install completed"

4) That's it, Now select "Reboot system Now"
undermentioned is an example that you can use​
From Pawitp [4.0.4][IMM76I] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy S
Downloads

CM 9.1 Stable : http://get.cm/get/jenkins/7080/cm-9.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip or select http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Installation

- First time flashing ICS to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
  7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
- Upgrading from CM7?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another CM9 (or teamhacksung) Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon
Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.
Now the ROM has been installed on your phone, so let it boot up and you can repeat this procedure to switch again and again till you have the best ROM of your choosing.

In the event that it fails to boot-up because you placed a wrong ROM that caused a boot loop or due to any other problem, just look in My Android Solutions about that particular problem. IF you cannot enter Recovery mode to flash another ROM.

Similarly You can also use Odin3 to Flash a Gingerbread ROM in Download mode and use your backup to return your phone to its original state.
Upgrading to Jelly Bean
First and foremost, the moment you want to Flash, the rule of the thump is you should have a EFS folder backed-up somewhere else ( external SD card or PC or cloud) How, Look here. And your Battery must have more than 50% charge

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your ICS ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future and you want to return to ICS.

Now make your choice as to which Jelly Bean ROM you wish to use and download that ROM and Gapps (both in .zip format) to your Internal SD card. you can chose Stable ROMs like this or some others. And Flashing them would be just the same as you did for ICS upgrade using CWM

you can choose the Jelly Bean ROM here or search XDA and use the guide in the developers thread of that ROM

From here on you will use the CWM Recovery by using the 3 combo keys to enter recovery or you can use apps from Google Play like Mobile Odin, Flash Gordon or Flashify to Flash direct from your SD cards, so First you need to download the ROM of your choosing into your SD card ( Internal or External) together with gapps for it.

1) Coming from ICS, You can enter " CWM Recovery Mode" by press VolumeupKey+PowerKey+HomeKey. You do this every-time you want to switch to a JellyBean or iCS ROM or to utilize the many features this recovery has, like Backup/restore/fix permissions and mostly to do the full wipes (NEEDED to be done every time you want to SWITCH ROMS) etc

2) Once in CWM Recovery you do the Full wipes (use your volume keys to move up or down in the recovery menu to select and the power key to execute that command).

The undermentioned wipes need to be done and will constitute a FULL Wipe of your Phone but your SD card will not be fully formatted as such your Images and other non system files will remain as is.

b) Wipe cache

3) You now choose the ROM you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard"
attachment.php

which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the ROM will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now you do the same selection process again (Step 3) to select the Gapps file and wait till it says "Install completed"

From Pawitp [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S
Downloads

Latest build: http://get.cm/get/jenkins/32365/cm-10.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.1 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1 Build?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
Note: The partition layout of CM10.1 is identical to that of CM10 and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.
Now the ROM has been installed on your phone, so let it boot up and you can repeat this procedure to switch again and again till you have the best ROM of your choosing.

In the event that it fails to boot-up because you placed a wrong ROM that caused a boot loop, or your lost your IMEI or network or due to any other problem, just look in My Android Solutions about that particular problem. IF you cannot enter Recovery mode to flash another ROM.

Similarly You can also use Odin3 to Flash a Gingerbread ROM in Download mode and use your backup to return your phone to its original state.
Upgrading to Kit Kat
Continued below

Attachments

• dbdata.rfs.tar
    7.2 MB · Views: 15,550
  • 512.pit_513.pit_803.pit_files.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 13,312
  • Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg
    Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 234,424
Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Unbricking the i9000

Upgrading to Kit Kat

First and foremost, the moment you want to Flash, the rule of the thump is you should have a EFS folder backed-up somewhere else ( external SD card or PC or cloud) How, Look here. And your Battery must have more than 50% charge check battery as mentioned on top using your dialer

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your Jelly Bean ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future and you want to return to Jelly Bean.

Now make your choice as to which Kit Kat ROM you wish to use and download that ROM and Gapps (both in .zip format) to your Internal SD card.

Downloads:-
ROM's:-

1) Omni ROM 4.4 Kit Kat
2) Mackay ROM 4.4
3) Unofficial CM 11
4) CyanAOSP KK4.4 v1.0.0 For gaming...stable
5) C-RoM -4.4- -ALPHA-2

Kit Kat ROM's are still in ALPHA stage as such will have unresolved problems and bugs.

Look here for Discussions/reviews and FAQ about Kit Kat as well as other i9000 Kit Kat ROM's

Kitkat 4.4 Kernels

undermentioned is an example that you can use
From Pawitp Unofficial CM 11 CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S
Downloads

Latest build: http://d-h.st/users/pawitp?fld_id=28174
Google Apps: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29?fld_id=27426

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Upgrading from CM10/10.1?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. You will finally see a "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error. That is normal.
  4. Reboot back into recovery (the reboot is required)
  5. Install the ROM again from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
  7. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM10.2?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Upgrading from another build of CM11?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
Warning: You may get set_metadata_recursive related-errors during install if you're using a custom kernel without SELinux support. In that case, revert to the stock kernel before continuing or follow the instruction for upgrading from CM10.1.
Note: The partition layout of CM11 is the same as CM10.2.
Unbricking the i9000

attachment.php

If you are unable to enter download or recovery mode use this guide or this tool or i9000 Easy Reboot Recovery using ADB to get recovery mode
If you have USB connection problems use this guide
Unbricking the i9000 can be easily achieved by flashing any of these Rescue kits

Rescue Packages

i9000 Rescue EzBase Rescue and Recovery by nitr8 Full Graphical HOW To and Tutorial download
i9000 Rescue EzBase Rescue with CF Root & semaphore root by nitr8 & chainfire, repacked by slaphead20
i9000 Rescue Rescue Kit for i9000 using heimdall packed by ldq
i9000 Rescue GB Flash Kit packed by psyqiq
i9000 Rescue Darky's ROM Resurrection edition, Guide , Mirror download or here

or any of these ROM's

Upgrade or Downgrade i9000 Stock ROM's (Firmware)

i9000 upgrade or downgrade without changing ROM Ezboot
i9000 Upgrade or Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.6 ROM JVU + Root with a 512 Pit File (repartition Ticked) Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and J.Bean
i9000 [Deodexed Firmware] Stock XXJVU, Flashed using CWM , zip-aligned and root
i9000 [Deodexed Firmware] Stock XXJVU Flashed using Odin3
i9000 Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.5 JVT
i9000 Downgrade to Froyo 2.2 JPU
i9000 Downgrade to Eclair 2.1 JM1 Initial Stock ROM, without Combo key functions, use KIES or ADB or JIG for upgrades, Included flash-able FIX for Combo Keys. Eclair XWJM2 - Eclair XWJM3
But it may not work on some phones, so we need to flash various other files to solve them (undermentioned files are for JVU ROM)

B+ SBL (primary and secondary Bootloaders is meant for restoring Recovery and download combo buttons as well as boot loader problems, should be flashed as " PDA " with update Phone Boot Loader ticked in Odin3

Param is used for restoring Boot animation, stuck problems, flashed as PDA using Obin3

Cache is for clearing cache flashed as PDA using Odin3

dbdata.rfsis for clearing data flashed as PDA using Odin3

other files that can be used

i9000 2e Recovery
i9000 CWM

Attachments

• B+sbl.tar
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,663
  • param.lfs.tar
    640 KB · Views: 2,199
  • cache.rfs.tar
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,220
Last edited:

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Last edited:

johnk kennedy

Dec 21, 2013
Boot menu formatted

Dear,:crying:
please please please help me dude...am in a big tension..:eek:
my phone is galaxy s GT-i9000 and the os was cyanogen 9...
but before some day it become stuck and when i put it for reboot it shows only loading screen and nothing else ...i tried many things like removing battery ext.sd and all but no hope ..
so at last i entered into CWM and mistakenly formatted the boot :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:....but after that i cannot able enter into even CWM.....
but i can get into download mode and nothing else ...
please dude help me what i can do ?? ...and what i want to do..??
and also i didn't made any backup of my contact,message,photos,videos etc....
shall i loss all the things???:eek::crying:

please help me
thanks in advance

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

Don't panic, you are still in solid ground and can recover from this, but you may have to lose your contacts, data etc as flashing a new gingerbread ROM, would be the obvious solution. But your photos and videos would still be there, as long as you have NOT formatted the SD card too. On the other hand IF you had google gmail account, it would have backed up your contacts detail, when the sync was ON.

Actually, this thread would have solved your problem already, either you flash the gingerbread upgrade or downgrade JVU ROM as guided or you flash the rescue kit ( which is also the same) in the unbricking section. , This ROM has the bootloader in it so you would not have an issue about it.

Note:- it is possible to use ADB to recover the data and contacts, if you have recovery mode (which you indicate is not having) its also possible to use ADB to boot into recovery, only possible when your have debugging ticked in your device.

SO take a moment to think things overs as to what you want to do, so flash the gingerbread ( sure to recover) or try to recover the data? ( no guarantees though.)

Last edited:

johnk kennedy

Dec 21, 2013
ok dude.first of all thanks for giving me such a confidence:highfive::good: .......

Then if i will not loose images and videos and all.....and in case of contact there is a possibility of sync...
then i think its better to do it ...
so please can you explain me what are the steps that i should do ....
please describe me step by step please .......

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

"""""SO take a moment to think things overs as to what you want to do, so flash the gingerbread ( sure to recover) or try to recover the data? ( no guarantees though."""""

I mean please tell which will be the best ROM for my device ...I really loved the previous (Cyanogen 9) ROM...
so please refer me a best ROM,,,:p

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
I mean please tell which will be the best ROM for my device ...I really loved the previous (Cyanogen 9) ROM...so please refer me a best ROM,,,:p

First and foremost, you need to flash the gingerbread ROM to solve your problem and get your phone booting, only after that you should look at CM, 9, 10 or 11. BTW there is no such thing as best ROM, that why you need to read the guide on "unsure which ROM yo chose" to get abetter idea about ROM's

Everything you need to do , has been explained step by step, in the 1st post of this thread, so READ, read and read again , once you understand it all, proceed to do it, step by step

johnk kennedy

Dec 21, 2013
ok dude ...got it but.....can you please give me link to download XXJW4 to install it using odin...

as you said i red all the giud and got one link...but its from the site "hotfile" but it is banned now ...i cannot able download the file ...please give me another link if you can ..

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
ok dude ...got it but.....can you please give me link to download XXJW4 to install it using odin...

as you said i red all the giud and got one link...but its from the site "hotfile" but it is banned now ...i cannot able download the file ...please give me another link if you can ..

For all downloads, look in MY Android Collections, link below, you can download from here
chose according to region or use JW9 withthe modem for your country, would work just fine.

Reactions: doodownunda

mriamniks

Jan 23, 2013
I cannot Flash any roms on my SGS.

GUYS, HELP!

I cannot flash any roms on my SGS, I tried flashing a rom using CWM but the installation is always aborted. I've done this several time but the same thing just happens. I also tried using Odin but, Odin cannot read my Phone.

I'm currently on GAMERZ rom and I want to flash 4.4 Kitkat. Now, I don't have any idea on how will I flash any roms on my device.

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS! THANKS!

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Last edited:
Reactions: doodownunda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your Choice of Android,
    Android_OS.jpg

Choose your Flavor

First Time (Noob / Newb) to Flash a ROM on i9000
    must read
    Be Sure First.
    NOTE: This guide is meant for i9000 only, not i9000B, M or any other mentioned below
    There are 20 versions of Galaxy S, and their ROMS may not be compatible with each other,
    Make sure you choose the correct ROM for you Device, before flashing it.
    Galaxy S GT-I9000 Galaxy S International
    Galaxy S GT-I9000B Galaxy S Brazil
    Galaxy S GT-I9000L Galaxy S Chile.
    Galaxy S GT-I9000M Vibrant Bell
    Galaxy S GT-I9000T Galaxy S Latin America
    Galaxy S GT-I9001 Galaxy S Plus International
    Galaxy S GT-I9003 Galaxy SL International
    Galaxy S GT-I9010 Giorgio Armani International
    Galaxy S SCH-I500 Fascinate Verizon
    Galaxy S SCH-I510 Droid Charge Verizon
    Galaxy S SCH-R910 Galaxy S MetroPCS
    Galaxy S SGH-I896 Captivate Rogers
    Galaxy S SGH-I897 Captivate At&t
    Galaxy S SGH-N013 SC-02B Docomo
    Galaxy S SGH-T959 Vibrant T-Mobile (USA)
    Galaxy S SGH-T959D Fascinate Telus
    Galaxy S SGH-T959V Galaxy S 4G T-Mobile (USA)
    Galaxy S SGH-I997 Infuse 4g At&t
    Galaxy S SHW-M110S SHW-M110S Korea Telecom
    Galaxy S SPH-D700 Epic 4g Sprint
    Check your IMEI here When you are not sure what model is your device.
    Always START Here
    Fully Charge your Phone before Flashing
    To Check battery level, (WITHOUT plugging in the USB cable).
    type *#0228# in the phone dialer, and Voltage value is AT LEAST 3800 (mV).

Check list before attempting to flash a ROM

1) Correct ROM or kernel or required files for device was downloaded
    2) Battery was fully Charged
    3) Every thing Important was backed up to PC or Ext SD card or Cloud.
    a) efs backup
    b) Use Call logs Backup, SMS backup. App Backup from Play store and or simply copy everything How to save files to your PC
    Note:-
    It's assumed that you can and know how to connect your Phone to PC with USB cable

If you do not know, first install Samsung USB drivers on your PC/Laptop, than enable USB debugging on your phone by settings menu > Developer options > tick USB Debugging.
    After this use only Samsung USB cable and plug it into your phone micro USB port and to your PC USB Port. ( Always use the Back USB port on PC as some ports may not connect well enough for flashing ROM's. )

If unable to connect your phone to PC for any reason, refer to this guide

How to put your device in "recovery" or "download" modes on Galaxy S i9000?

Volume UP + HOME + POWER will take you to recovery mode
    Volume DOWN + HOME + POWER will take you to download mode​
    Use Combo Key Press
    attachment.php

Combo buttons must be used as shown above to get your phone into RECOVERY MODE or DOWNLOAD MODE

What if your recovery or download modes cannot be achieved by combo key press on your device?​

You can achieve it by methods suggested in My Android Solutions or by using a USB JIG.
    Only Rooting or Flashing Kernels or Modems

Follow this, when your phone has a Froyo ROM and you just want to Root or Root and also have CWM
    Needed Download for Froyo ROM:-
    If you only want root on your Froyo ROM, just install z4root app
    If you want root and CWM download a Speedmod Kernel and Flash to get CWM and Root your Froyo ROM. After flashing the speedMod kernel
    1) Boot into recovery menu ( VolumeUp+Home+Power)
    2) Select "Advanced features" ( Universal Lag Fix menu)
    3) Select "Install Superuser" to be rooted

Follow this when your phone has a Gingerbread ROM and you only want Root or Root Plus CWM
    Needed Download for Gingerbread 2.3.6 ROM:-
    If you are looking at, only Root for your i9000 phone, it can be easily done with Framaroot app. (Its so easy these days)
    But if you wish to have CWM recovery too, than flash a Semaphore Kernel or CF Root Kernel to achieve it.
    i9000 Semaphore Kernels for Gingerbread, ICS or Jelly Bean & Kit Kat(select according to Version of ROM and chose the latest will be good enough )
    i9000 CF Root Kernels for Gingerbread (select according to Version of ROM eg XWJW4 will also work for XWJW6 & XWJW9) )
    Odin3 Flashing Tool ( attached below)
    How to Flash Kernels?​
    Normal Flashing Method :-
    Procedure:

2. Put the phone to the Download Mode by pressing (VolumeDown+Home+Power) buttons
    attachment.php
    and connect the phone to your PC (your phone should be recognized)

3. now select PDA and choose the kernel you had downloaded

That's it you have now rooted your phone as well as have CWM Recovery.
    When you have NO access to a Computer or USB Cable
    Procedure:-

When you do not have a PC or a USB cable to work with, you can flash Kernels, Modems and even ROM's by using certain Apps like Mobile Odin, Flashify , Flash Gordon or any kernel flashing apps from Play store . So download and install them on your Phone. Detailed guide
    In a nut shell, for safety reasons Mobile odin cannot be used to Flash a pit or EFS file, but all others are easily done from your phone without the need to use your PC. Hence CWM can be flashed with a Kernel meant for your phone and from here you can update to ICS or Jelly Bean without a PC or USB cable.

To make it simple

1) Copy File to your SD card (Rom, kernel , or flash files in .tar format)
    2) Run Mobile Odin
    3) Select Rom/kernel/Modem under Open file , it will automatically sort out the files in the ROM
    4) Now you can tick EverRoot, Inject Superuser, if you wish or just flash without them
    5) Flash Firmware

That's it, Odin will do everything and you will boot up in NEW firmware or Kernel or Modem
    Flashing Modem's

Download Stock or ICS or Jelly Bean or Nexus modems from Here

The procedure for Flashing Modems is the same as flashing kernels
    Select the modem you wish to test or install as "PDA" in Odin3 and press "START" do not tick anything else or disconnect phone until flashing process is completed
    Looking for a ROM? For Stock & Custom ROM or any software Downloads Go here | here or follow this [GUIDE] Unsure which i9000 ROM to choose? or look into the below database to chose what is best for you
    Custom ROM's Comparison Database
    Upgrading (from Eclair or Froyo) or downgrading (from ICS, JBean or KK) to Gingerbread (Stock ROM)
    Included a kernel for Root and CWM (ClockWorkMod), needed for upgrading to ICS, Jelly Bean or Kit kat ROM's
    This is a LIFE Saver ROM for your i9000, Flash this whenever you have a problem with your Phone or just to downgrade from any Custom ROM when you want to switch to another.

General advice prior to Flashing any phone

Its always best to do a "clean" install. meaning you should remove any old scripts, data, cache, junk before flashing a new ROM, this is like taking a bath before using new clothes. For some models it is a must do, for others it may not be a major problem or can be resolved by flashing the dbdata.rfs to clear out the remaining junk that you failed to remove before flashing . But if you had "lagfix" and did not undo it, it can cause internal SD card unavailable situation, which can be difficult to resolve.

Hence before flashing its advisable to
    a) undo lagfix IF you had any.
    b) Do a factory reset by settings>Privacy> factory reset ( erase SD Card - optional , as formatting SD card could be too) If you format SD card, save your Pictures and Music etc to PC first.
    c) And even going into recovery to wipe everything is also good.
    attachment.php
    d) Removing SIM Card and External SD card ( makes it easier for phone to boot up initially after flashing a new ROM)

Doing this will give you a "CLEAN" install or fresh start for your phone,

IF you want to have it "AS IS" install, with all the stuff (with junk) in the SD card, you can do so too ( without formatting SD card) .

Video guide for first time ODin3 users "How to use Odin"

Downloads needed for undermentioned process

Use Odin3 Version 1.7 to 1.83 ( meant for Galaxy S1 series (attached below)
    Attached below 3 i9000 PIT files ( use 512 only for re-partition ) or 512 PIT
    i9000 JVU ROM with i9000 JVU CF ROOT Kernel download and unzip

FIRST ensure your phone (i9000) has more than 80% battery charge before attempting to Flash.

Procedure:

2. Put the phone to the Download Mode by pressing (VolumeDown+Home+Power) buttons and connect the phone to your PC (your phone should be recognized)

3. Select PDA > CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5

4. Select PHONE > MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5

5. Select CSC > GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5

6. Select PIT > 512 PIT (If 'Re-Partition' is not checked under 'Option', check it)

7. Press the Start button Do not press anything else or interrupt it, wait for flashing process to complete and phone will reboot

After which you repeat steps one and two (to flash the kernel for root and CWM recovery)

3. now select PDA > CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS

That's it, now you have a perfect Phone, rooted and having CWM recovery, ideal starting point for upgrading to ICS and after that to Jelly Bean custom ROM's

Any problems you may have after doing this, just look here for the solution to that particular problem.

As explained earlier (about clean flashing) if your phone reboots into recovery with some errors appearing in red after flashing the JVU ROM
    attachment.php
    it may be resolved by flashing dbdata.rfs (attached below) as PDA in Odin3 to remove the junk data files.
    Using Heimdall to flash

You can do the same process using heimdall instead of Odin3 too, to use heimdall one click you can download i9000 Rescue kit and flash. or use [GUIDE] Flashing with Heimdall

or using Heimdall on a linux machine
    Upgrading to ICS

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your Gingerbread ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future.

Every developer has instructions as to how you should flash that ROM, in the thread you are downloading their ROM's, so you only need to follow it to acheive your goal

you can choose the ICS ROM here or search XDA and use the guide in the developers thread of that ROM

From here on you won't be using Odin3 to flash anymore, you will use the CWM Recovery by using the 3 combo keys to enter recovery or you can use apps from Google Play like Mobile Odin, Flash Gordon or Flashify to Flash direct from your SD cards, so First you need to download the ROM of your choosing into your SD card ( Internal or External) together with gapps for it.

1) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" by press VolumeupKey+PowerKey+HomeKey. You do this every-time you want to switch to a JellyBean or iCS ROM or to utilize the many features this recovery has, like Backup/restore/fix permissions and mostly to do the full wipes (NEEDED to be done every time you want to SWITCH ROMS) etc

b) Wipe cache

attachment.php

Once selected the ROM will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed"

Note:- Some ICS ROM's may need to be flashed twice as it will end-up in bootloop in the first flash
    some need to be wiped again after flashing ICS, as certain apps may not work.*

so repeat the ROM flashing one more time

Also if you intent to upgrade to JellyBean after this, you don't have to flash Gapps here , so you can skip the next step and just "Reboot System" after this

Now you do the same selection process again (Step 3) to select the Gapps file and wait till it says "Install completed"

From Pawitp [4.0.4][IMM76I] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy S
    Downloads

CM 9.1 Stable : http://get.cm/get/jenkins/7080/cm-9.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip or select http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Installation

- First time flashing ICS to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
    - Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    - Upgrading from another CM9 (or teamhacksung) Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.

In the event that it fails to boot-up because you placed a wrong ROM that caused a boot loop or due to any other problem, just look in My Android Solutions about that particular problem. IF you cannot enter Recovery mode to flash another ROM.

Upgrading to Jelly Bean

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your ICS ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future and you want to return to ICS.

Now make your choice as to which Jelly Bean ROM you wish to use and download that ROM and Gapps (both in .zip format) to your Internal SD card. you can chose Stable ROMs like this or some others. And Flashing them would be just the same as you did for ICS upgrade using CWM

you can choose the Jelly Bean ROM here or search XDA and use the guide in the developers thread of that ROM

From here on you will use the CWM Recovery by using the 3 combo keys to enter recovery or you can use apps from Google Play like Mobile Odin, Flash Gordon or Flashify to Flash direct from your SD cards, so First you need to download the ROM of your choosing into your SD card ( Internal or External) together with gapps for it.

1) Coming from ICS, You can enter " CWM Recovery Mode" by press VolumeupKey+PowerKey+HomeKey. You do this every-time you want to switch to a JellyBean or iCS ROM or to utilize the many features this recovery has, like Backup/restore/fix permissions and mostly to do the full wipes (NEEDED to be done every time you want to SWITCH ROMS) etc

b) Wipe cache

attachment.php

Once selected the ROM will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now you do the same selection process again (Step 3) to select the Gapps file and wait till it says "Install completed"

From Pawitp [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S
    Downloads

Latest build: http://get.cm/get/jenkins/32365/cm-10.1.0-galaxysmtd.zip
    Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Installation

- First time flashing CM10.1 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Note: The partition layout of CM10.1 is identical to that of CM10 and thus you may use CWM to backup/restore.

In the event that it fails to boot-up because you placed a wrong ROM that caused a boot loop, or your lost your IMEI or network or due to any other problem, just look in My Android Solutions about that particular problem. IF you cannot enter Recovery mode to flash another ROM.

Upgrading to Kit Kat
    Continued below
    Unbricking the i9000

Upgrading to Kit Kat

First and foremost, the moment you want to Flash, the rule of the thump is you should have a EFS folder backed-up somewhere else ( external SD card or PC or cloud) How, Look here. And your Battery must have more than 50% charge check battery as mentioned on top using your dialer

Second you should do a Nandroid Backup of your Jelly Bean ROM, using the CWM recovery, this will help you solve problems, IF any thing goes wrong in the future and you want to return to Jelly Bean.

Now make your choice as to which Kit Kat ROM you wish to use and download that ROM and Gapps (both in .zip format) to your Internal SD card.

Downloads:-
    ROM's:-

1) Omni ROM 4.4 Kit Kat
    2) Mackay ROM 4.4
    3) Unofficial CM 11
    4) CyanAOSP KK4.4 v1.0.0 For gaming...stable
    5) C-RoM -4.4- -ALPHA-2

Kit Kat ROM's are still in ALPHA stage as such will have unresolved problems and bugs.

Look here for Discussions/reviews and FAQ about Kit Kat as well as other i9000 Kit Kat ROM's

Kitkat 4.4 Kernels

undermentioned is an example that you can use
    From Pawitp Unofficial CM 11 CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S
    Downloads

Latest build: http://d-h.st/users/pawitp?fld_id=28174
    Google Apps: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29?fld_id=27426

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    - Upgrading from CM10/10.1?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. You will finally see a "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error. That is normal.
    4. Reboot back into recovery (the reboot is required)
    5. Install the ROM again from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
    7. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM10.2?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    - Upgrading from another build of CM11?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    Warning: You may get set_metadata_recursive related-errors during install if you're using a custom kernel without SELinux support. In that case, revert to the stock kernel before continuing or follow the instruction for upgrading from CM10.1.
    Note: The partition layout of CM11 is the same as CM10.2.
    Unbricking the i9000

attachment.php

If you are unable to enter download or recovery mode use this guide or this tool or i9000 Easy Reboot Recovery using ADB to get recovery mode
    If you have USB connection problems use this guide
    Unbricking the i9000 can be easily achieved by flashing any of these Rescue kits

Rescue Packages

i9000 Rescue EzBase Rescue and Recovery by nitr8 Full Graphical HOW To and Tutorial download
    i9000 Rescue EzBase Rescue with CF Root & semaphore root by nitr8 & chainfire, repacked by slaphead20
    i9000 Rescue Rescue Kit for i9000 using heimdall packed by ldq
    i9000 Rescue GB Flash Kit packed by psyqiq
    i9000 Rescue Darky's ROM Resurrection edition, Guide , Mirror download or here

or any of these ROM's

Upgrade or Downgrade i9000 Stock ROM's (Firmware)

i9000 upgrade or downgrade without changing ROM Ezboot
    i9000 Upgrade or Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.6 ROM JVU + Root with a 512 Pit File (repartition Ticked) Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and J.Bean
    i9000 [Deodexed Firmware] Stock XXJVU, Flashed using CWM , zip-aligned and root
    i9000 [Deodexed Firmware] Stock XXJVU Flashed using Odin3
    i9000 Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.5 JVT
    i9000 Downgrade to Froyo 2.2 JPU
    i9000 Downgrade to Eclair 2.1 JM1 Initial Stock ROM, without Combo key functions, use KIES or ADB or JIG for upgrades, Included flash-able FIX for Combo Keys. Eclair XWJM2 - Eclair XWJM3
    But it may not work on some phones, so we need to flash various other files to solve them (undermentioned files are for JVU ROM)

B+ SBL (primary and secondary Bootloaders is meant for restoring Recovery and download combo buttons as well as boot loader problems, should be flashed as " PDA " with update Phone Boot Loader ticked in Odin3

Param is used for restoring Boot animation, stuck problems, flashed as PDA using Obin3

Cache is for clearing cache flashed as PDA using Odin3

dbdata.rfsis for clearing data flashed as PDA using Odin3

other files that can be used

i9000 2e Recovery
    i9000 CWM
    i9000 Android Firmware (Stock)

Here | Here | Torrents Here | Deodexed Firmware Here
    i9000 Custom ROM's
    Here

i9000 Kit Kat ROM's

What you might want to know and should know about Kit Kat 4.4
    4.4 Kit Kat: Everything You Need to Know & Here or Developers website

I mean please tell which will be the best ROM for my device ...I really loved the previous (Cyanogen 9) ROM...so please refer me a best ROM,,,:p

First and foremost, you need to flash the gingerbread ROM to solve your problem and get your phone booting, only after that you should look at CM, 9, 10 or 11. BTW there is no such thing as best ROM, that why you need to read the guide on "unsure which ROM yo chose" to get abetter idea about ROM's

Everything you need to do , has been explained step by step, in the 1st post of this thread, so READ, read and read again , once you understand it all, proceed to do it, step by step

Don't panic, you are still in solid ground and can recover from this, but you may have to lose your contacts, data etc as flashing a new gingerbread ROM, would be the obvious solution. But your photos and videos would still be there, as long as you have NOT formatted the SD card too. On the other hand IF you had google gmail account, it would have backed up your contacts detail, when the sync was ON.

Actually, this thread would have solved your problem already, either you flash the gingerbread upgrade or downgrade JVU ROM as guided or you flash the rescue kit ( which is also the same) in the unbricking section. , This ROM has the bootloader in it so you would not have an issue about it.

Note:- it is possible to use ADB to recover the data and contacts, if you have recovery mode (which you indicate is not having) its also possible to use ADB to boot into recovery, only possible when your have debugging ticked in your device.

SO take a moment to think things overs as to what you want to do, so flash the gingerbread ( sure to recover) or try to recover the data? ( no guarantees though.)