FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th December 2013, 02:05 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDroid

I know that i have said this twice already, but i just Popped the stock pen into a Lead holder from my art supply store. It gives you thickness, weight, and costs max 5€.

Sorry if you think im spamming, if so i apologise and i will anyway not say this again

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonukez

So... don't get the Bamboo Feel V1 :P. The lead holder for the S Pen seems to be the best solution for now, as apparently it's hit and miss for all other stylus' accuracy.

Any chance you could take a picture of the lead holder you guys used?

When I tried doing this with a lead holder, I found that the metal affects the sensor in the s pen. If there is metal surrounding the bottom portion of the pen, it turns off. This is probably due to the function of when you slide it into the tablet. I tried finding plastic lead holders but none of them worked (as in they weren't large enough).

I also tried using a pencil extender. Same problem due to the metal casing of it.

There is, of course, another option. Pick your favorite (plastic) pen. Take out the interior. Wrap electrical tape around your s-pen (this requires that you buy an additional s pen) until it is the same thickness of the pen shell. Then stick it in. I'm also wondering if the electrical tape might block the interference of the metal. If so, then a Derwent Pencil Extender will work perfectly--you're going to have to google it, I can't post links yet.

Will test these solutions out when my extra s pen arrives.
17th December 2013, 03:26 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I used a no-name green triangular lead holder with metal clasps, although I didn't put my S pen all the way in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2013, 01:31 AM |#103  
California
Thanks Meter: 90

More
A most helpful post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonukez

Hey all,

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but hopefully someone will get something out of it. Sadly, I only had the Bamboo Stylus Feel V1 to test, but I've read through the posts and seems that *some* people are reporting the same offset in V2, while others are not.
Anyway, just thought I'd take a quick picture showing the offset of the V1, compared to the S Pen.

(Comparison of hover location on screen)

(Comparison with drawing a line)

(Bamboo Feel perpendicular to tablet)

These are all at roughly 45 degree angles. There's no offset when it's at a 90 degree angle.

So... don't get the Bamboo Feel V1 :P. The lead holder for the S Pen seems to be the best solution for now, as apparently it's hit and miss for all other stylus' accuracy.

Based on that I am going to grab an S Pen with eraser rather than a Bambo Feel. I may try the V2 later, but skipping the V1 is a no-brainer. Now I just have to figure out how to thank your post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Note10.1Dude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Note10.1Dude Ad-Free
18th December 2013, 06:57 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just found out that Lecture Notes has the ability to adjust offset. I was able to configure and use my Cross AT tablet pc pen from 7 years ago and it works fantastic. I also tried out the lenovo tablet pc pen and that works great as well.

Do you guys know of other apps that allow you to adjust the offset?

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2013, 08:38 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I just picked one of these up:

http://www.a4c.com/product/samsung-g...-kit-bulk.html

I think $20 is still too high for what you get but it's the real deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to JarkMackson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarkMackson Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 01:03 AM |#106  
California
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Nice deal for $20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkMackson

I just ordered a Note II stylus with eraser from AMZN for $15 with shipping or I would have been jumping at that one.
19th December 2013, 04:44 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Thanks for the link, I ordered one as well. Hope it will ship quickly as I've never dealt with this website/seller before.
23rd December 2013, 07:55 AM |#108  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Does this fits the stylus that comes with the 10.1 2014?
23rd December 2013, 01:04 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willflint

Does this fits the stylus that comes with the 10.1 2014?

It doesn't fit the 2014 stylus but it comes with its own that fits into the holder. I believe the stylus that fits is from the original galaxy note phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to JarkMackson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarkMackson Ad-Free
29th December 2013, 07:06 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Easy pen holder solution for stock S-Pen (Note 2014)
Check it out!

Go out and buy a PILOT G-2 pen.
Unscrew and remove pen cartridge.
Use a utility knife and cut off about 0.7mm from the tip.
Insert Samsung S-Pen into the PILOT. Should be a perfect, snug fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3536.jpg
Views:	889
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	2481702   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	2481703  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rowkwo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rowkwo Ad-Free
29th December 2013, 08:10 PM |#111  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

I have been thinking of getting one of these as well. As I understand it, the stylus is from an earlier Note - does it too suffer from an offset when held at an angle?

I'd like a more substantial pen-like S Pen but even a small offset would infuriate me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)