[Q] EFS ? Bootloop after trying to backup with EFS by BORIS.X.1

Search This thread

Nemorensis32

May 29, 2012
Hi! :crying:

I had the bad idea to use this software (EFS by BORIS.X.1 ) and I didn't see the warning at the END of the presentation of the soft...

I clicked on "backup EFS". The phone reboots straight away. (I thought it was maybe normal).
I clicked on "backup NVRAM". The phone reboots again.

Actually, since that, my phone is almost dead. I could boot but after a few second I got a reboot. --> bootloop.

I did a hard reset via the Android recovery. I reflashed my VEGA ROM (packed with the other missing files from the original stock ROM, so I guess it's full wipe anyway).
I did it many times. Nothing changed. On the top of that I can not access to my WIFI, 3G, on voice (SIM NOT FOUND).

I don't know what to do anymore. I have a MI7 rooter 0x0 phone and I would like to keep it so!!

Please help me since I just bought that phone and spent all the day before to manage the URDLV properly.

:angel: Merry Christmas and thank you in advance! :highfive:

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hi! :crying:

I had the bad idea to use this buggy software (EFS by BORIS.X.1 ) and I didn't see the warning at the END of the presentation of the soft...

I clicked on "backup EFS". The phone reboots straight away. (I thought it was maybe normal).
I clicked on "backup NVRAM". The phone reboots again.

Actually, since that, my phone is almost dead. I could boot but after a few second I got a reboot. --> bootloop.

I did a hard reset via the Android recovery. I reflashed my VEGA ROM (packed with the other missing files from the original stock ROM, so I guess it's full wipe anyway).
I did it many times. Nothing changed. On the top of that I can not access to my WIFI, 3G, on voice (SIM NOT FOUND).

I don't know what to do anymore. I have a MI7 rooter 0x0 phone and I would like to keep it so!!

Please help me since I just bought that phone and spent all the day before to manage the URDLV properly.

:angel: Merry Christmas and thank you in advance! :highfive:

Your EFS is corrupted by the sounds of it, can you check settings > general > about device and see if your baseband says "Unknown"? If so then...

Only guarantee to unbrick and get your baseband back properly (without EFS back up) is using a custom recovery (tripping KNOX) and using This - used it myself and it does work - But it only works on the N9005

Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure myself without an EFS backup as to how to fix..Good luck

Nemorensis32

May 29, 2012
Your EFS is corrupted by the sounds of it, can you check settings > general > about device and see if your baseband says "Unknown"? If so then...

Only guarantee to unbrick and get your baseband back properly (without EFS back up) is using a custom recovery (tripping KNOX) and using This - used it myself and it does work - But it only works on the N9005

Aside from that, I'm not 100% sure myself without an EFS backup as to how to fix..Good luck

Thank you. Yes, I know that tip but, before making that step, I want to be sure this is only the EFS :
That's the thing! I can't use my phone and access to the menu "state of the phone". It always reboots before. I have also a error message telling "the process SYSTEM doesn't respond. Do you want to terminate it ?" And most of my softs just crash, even contact. I can't dial on my phone!!

Can we say it's only a EFS problem ? In which proportion the soft I used would have damage my phone ??

Thanks

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Thank you. Yes, I know that tip but, before making that step, I want to be sure this is only the EFS :
That's the thing! I can't use my phone and access to the menu "state of the phone". It always reboots before. I have also a error message telling "the process SYSTEM doesn't respond. Do you want to terminate it ?" And most of my softs just crash, even contact. I can't dial on my phone!!

Can we say it's only a EFS problem ? In which proportion the soft I used would have damage my phone ??

Thanks

Yup sounds like an EFS issue, mine done the same with System not responding - I flashed the .zip in custom recovery and it fixed it straight away.

A.N.Droid

Dec 1, 2013
LeEco Le Max 2
i had the efs issue yesterday, exactly as described.
was playing with custom kernels, phone suddenly rebooted and baseband was gone.
i restored mine from a twrp backup.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Thanks

Unless we learn more about what that program was trying to do (presumably from the author of the program?) the only other FACT that we know is that writing a custom recovery is GUARANTEED to trip your knox flag; just writing your original Samsung ROM has a good chance to NOT trip knox; if you apply the first then you can never try the 2nd and keep knox, while if you apply the 2nd method and it does not work you still can use the 2nd or something else.

Nemorensis32

May 29, 2012
Unless we learn more about what that program was trying to do (presumably from the author of the program?) the only other FACT that we know is that writing a custom recovery is GUARANTEED to trip your knox flag; just writing your original Samsung ROM has a good chance to NOT trip knox; if you apply the first then you can never try the 2nd and keep knox, while if you apply the 2nd method and it does not work you still can use the 2nd or something else.
Here's another alternative. ;)

I'll let you know soon!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48818814&postcount=85

Ratata82

Jul 4, 2006
Esbjerg
Well Asansam can do it with just a rooted device, no need for custom recovery.
So find one with an Asansam box, and just run the "Restore PB" command.

form434

Dec 26, 2013
SM-N900A

Im having the same problem
i used that program to back Efs
Boris.x.1 and it sent my note 3 into a bootloop
is there anything i can do to fix this
and i cant find a SM-N900A stock firmware to reflash
it is a rooted phone

thank you

Top Liked Posts