you know what i smell?.... 4.4

Search This thread

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
im fell that we will get 4.4 soon
as nickholtus may get an xperia play soon
and he did a great work for getting cm10 working on xperia play and he made on of the first cm10 build
i think he can solve our problems
achotjan may also get an xperia play soon and thats another hope
but i may leave xperia play section before seeing 4.4 running on my phone :(

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
well thats not only dreams
nickholtus and achotjan are both great devs that both of them made impossibles possible

Visa Declined

Sep 17, 2012
Oklahoma City
nickholtus may get an xperia play soon
and he did a great work for getting cm10 working on xperia play and he made on of the first cm10 build
i think he can solve our problems
achotjan may also get an xperia play soon

So you're hedging your hopes that These two guys get an Xperia Play and develope a 4.4 ROM for it?

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2482775

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4233768

Can you point me to a link or comment that says they will develop a 4.4 ROM for the PLAY?

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
They will develop 3.4 kernel for xperia play
And only thing that mike needs for developing kitkat for xperia play is a working 3.4 kernel

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
its not about the Specs. its the Manufacturer. Tipo is SONY. Xperia PLAY is sony ERICSSON. if arc or models such as Ray gets a KitKat, then wed get the update aswell. so Sorry to Burst your Bubbles, but this wouldnt happen, not unless we get a working 3.4 Kernel, then a Kitkat Rom can be Developed.

masterlink0

Jan 23, 2014
once i get a xperia play i will work on 4.4 and 3.4 kernel.
hopefully everything goes fine, then i will have one soon.

DUDEEEE!!!, i complete my registration in xda just for say: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
It´s amazing than one dev work in the android 4.4 port for xperia play dude you rock!!!!.

im waiting for that upgrade for xperia play thank´s a lot:D:D:D:D

aWally87

Jan 23, 2014
Is the phone too old to get now??

Hey guys,

I've always loved this phone, but I'm worried I'm too late to get the device and it will be a pain to use with the newer software out there.

What are your experiences? I see people talking about getting KitKat rom for it, but could it legitamitely handle it? Not to mention, the poor guy doesn't have 4G on Verizon....

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

ReiverBlade

Oct 15, 2011
Ovronnaz
hi there, just some words of thanking and cheering! :highfive:

i really hope you will find a solution, now for the funny story ...

i had a SGSIII under 4.4.2 with Boeffla's Kernel... it took a crap (mostly fubar...) as i am a lifeguard and not a phoneguard ... i could not save him ... so i was seeking a cheap phone and i found a Xperia play in a good shape for a ridiculous price ... after a little moment browsing XDA's tutorials...

Unlock BL, Root, FTF .79 flash, Lupus V7, Neo2Play 4.0.4 ... i would never had imagined that a single core scorpion with a single core Adreno 205 would be so smooth and make me forget about a Exynos 4142 Mali 400MP4 ... in PPSSPP and other ... physical PSP buttons are godlike ...

if we can get KK + 3.4 kernel then it will be a REAL rebirth of the Play as the Play 2 ... KK is optimised for device with those specs ... unlike ICS/JB

also ... tipo is Sony, Play is Sony Ericsson EH? what's the point ... Sony is still Sony Ericsson afaik ... oh ... wait unsupported/discontinued device, i see... but that doesn't change the fact that they are from the same manufacturer.

and likely the Play 2 will never see the light... the Vita killed it ... :crying:

so let's have a break have a Kitkat and make our wonderful R800i a R800iV2 ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

once i get a xperia play i will work on 4.4 and 3.4 kernel.
    hopefully everything goes fine, then i will have one soon.

i had a SGSIII under 4.4.2 with Boeffla's Kernel... it took a crap (mostly fubar...) as i am a lifeguard and not a phoneguard ... i could not save him ... so i was seeking a cheap phone and i found a Xperia play in a good shape for a ridiculous price ... after a little moment browsing XDA's tutorials...

Unlock BL, Root, FTF .79 flash, Lupus V7, Neo2Play 4.0.4 ... i would never had imagined that a single core scorpion with a single core Adreno 205 would be so smooth and make me forget about a Exynos 4142 Mali 400MP4 ... in PPSSPP and other ... physical PSP buttons are godlike ...

if we can get KK + 3.4 kernel then it will be a REAL rebirth of the Play as the Play 2 ... KK is optimised for device with those specs ... unlike ICS/JB

also ... tipo is Sony, Play is Sony Ericsson EH? what's the point ... Sony is still Sony Ericsson afaik ... oh ... wait unsupported/discontinued device, i see... but that doesn't change the fact that they are from the same manufacturer.

and likely the Play 2 will never see the light... the Vita killed it ... :crying:

that's so very nice to hear..nice to hear all the positive words of encouragement.

R800 to R800v2 .. I like it :)

Enoy your stay here.. we have one of the BesT community here.
    hello wanted to see them, as you see using a newer version of android (4) xperia play goes better with version 2.3? worth the upgrade? performance win or lose some? as performance goes with new emulators? PSP eg.
    Thanks for your comments, my xperia play is coming and I want to be well informed to see if they update

Sorry for my english xD

Performance depends on many things, like rom-kernel combination, tweaks you have (zram, swap partition, apps installed on internal memory or in sdcard....)

About android versions, there are very good roms that give you awesome performance in all of them. Dont ask what is the best rom cause every rom runs different on every device, so you will have to try by yourself. Gingerbread gives the best combination between battery life and performance, but I tried ICS roms and I got really surprised by it's quality (I have been on it like 4 months and didn't regret it). Now I'm trying JB and seems to be cool too.

As for your question, performance gain with upgrading android doesn't exist on this phone (maybe with future kitkat). ICS and JB get to be as good as GB, tops, but not more than it. Also some 4.0+ ROMs doesn't recognize touchpads and/or have a bug that treats circle as back button in games, mainly old roms. Also a very common thing is that using touch pads causes lags, but some ROMs got it solved.

On the other side, some games and apps doesn't support GB like GTA San Andreas, dead trigger 2, reicast (Dreamcast emulator) and some more. That's why I migrated to 4.0+ ;)

For me, the Xperia Play is an exellent phone and can handle almost everything. The main downside is ram memory cause our processor can run all you throw at it. That's why you have to use some tweaks to improve it. but as I said, it depends on your phone. I can run asphalt 8, GTA San Andreas and vice city with no hassle, but some people here claimed they can't even run them or have constant forcecloses, so you'll have to test by yourself.

Also you have to test many many things if you want to get maximum performance, like how much overclock can you have with good stability, and so on. Just look over this forums and you'll find people's experiences ;)

One last thing. Ask this questions on Q/A forum, not everywhere else cause moderators could delete it.

Sent from my R800a using xda app-developers app