Thanks Meter: 4

By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th December 2013, 03:17 PM |#3901  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 158

Donate to Me
More
if their rom works better than our stock and has few bugs than i dont mind im not the guy who wants the latest version of android i just want my phone to work faster.

25th December 2013, 05:11 PM |#3902  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
BA2X 2.0_r1
The time has come... for the successor of SeannyM's BA2X kernels! BA2X 2.0 is based off of SeannyM's BA2X source, which is in turn based off of stock source, so BA2X 2.0 is like the grandchild of Grandpa Sammy. Don't know why, but I feel the need to keep that last sentence. Anyways, included in BA2X 2.0 is the following:
  • More CPU governors and schedulers
    - Added SavagedZen, InteractiveX, lulzactive governors
    - Added deadline scheduler (it was actually disabled in the kernel source, so I enabled it)
  • Disabled Loadable Kernel Module Authentication (lkmauth)
  • Frandom entropy generator module enabled on boot (in init.rc)
  • Vsync enabled (in init.rc)
  • USB Mass Storage enabled
  • Built with Sabermod 4.7.4 GCC toolchain = super smooth w. optimization
You can download it here. I've only made a version clocked at 1.21 GHz for now because I think that's before the "wall" that most people hit. You may request an alternate frequency, but I may only make it for you when I have time (I won't go out of my way unless you're requesting a lower frequency because your device won't boot with this frequency). Happy holidays! BTW, Mod Pack II X v0.6.2 is out now too! I suppose I'm going to take up BA2X as a new project for this device alongside Mod Pack II X. I've got plenty more to do for both, and I think I might try building some ROMs in the new year...

NOTE: THE DOWNLOAD LINK ABOVE IS FOR STOCK ROM. IF YOU WISH TO USE BA2X 2.0 FOR CYANOGENMOD (10.2/11 and maybe 10.1), DOWNLOAD THIS PACKAGE AND INSTALL IT VIA CWM.

EDIT - I will put up a link for BA2X 2.0 for CM as soon as I get to making a working one, which requires that I find a suitable toolchain version. I'm a human being, so don't expect me to feel like pumping out stuff all the time.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
25th December 2013, 07:32 PM |#3903  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

The time has come... for the successor of SeannyM's BA2X kernels! BA2X 2.0 is based off of SeannyM's BA2X source, which is in turn based off of stock source, so BA2X 2.0 is like the grandchild of Grandpa Sammy. Don't know why, but I feel the need to keep that last sentence. Anyways, included in BA2X 2.0 is the following:

- Added deadline scheduler (it was actually disabled in the kernel source, so I enabled it)
You can download it here. I've only made a version clocked at 1.21 GHz for now because I think that's before the "wall" that most people hit. You may request an alternate frequency, but I may only make it for you when I have time (I won't go out of my way unless you're requesting a lower frequency because your device won't boot with this frequency). Happy holidays! BTW, Mod Pack II X v0.6.2 is out now too! I suppose I'm going to take up BA2X as a new project for this device alongside Mod Pack II X. I've got plenty more to do for both, and I think I might try building some ROMs in the new year...

Will you make one for CyanogenMod?
25th December 2013, 07:38 PM |#3904  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

It's a Christmas miracle!

...but seriously, thank you! I'm charging my phone so I can flash it now!

Edit: Flashed it, works great, thanks!
25th December 2013, 07:43 PM |#3905  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Well, I forgot it's meant for stock ROM and flashed it over CM10.2. On reboot, it optimized all of my apps, and now all I can see is "Launching apps" dialog
I'm curious if it will boot eventually (so lucky I did a backup just today earlier ).
25th December 2013, 08:20 PM |#3906  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

Will you make one for CyanogenMod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brachacz

Well, I forgot it's meant for stock ROM and flashed it over CM10.2. On reboot, it optimized all of my apps, and now all I can see is "Launching apps" dialog
I'm curious if it will boot eventually (so lucky I did a backup just today earlier ).

According to a recent PM with SeannyM, I can use the included cyanogenmod_kylessopen_defconfig to build for both CM11 and CM10.2. Now, I'm not sure if it'll work, and I haven't tested it, but you can download BA2X 2.0 for CM here. I've applied the same modifications, so it should have the same stuff as the stock BA2X 2.0 kernel I just released. If not or if it doesn't boot, let me know.
25th December 2013, 08:30 PM |#3907  
Flag Barrie

More
Quote:

According to a recent PM with SeannyM, I can use the included cyanogenmod_kylessopen_defconfig to build for both CM11 and CM10.2. Now, I'm not sure if it'll work, and I haven't tested it, but you can download BA2X 2.0 for CM here. I've applied the same modifications, so it should have the same stuff as the stock BA2X 2.0 kernel I just released. If not or if it doesn't boot, let me know.

Just to clarify, does it include CM 10.1?
25th December 2013, 08:33 PM |#3908  
Flag Bacau

Donate to Me
More
@Codename13 could you help me to deodex the latest firmware for trend the spains xxbmk2 cuz i cant fully deodex it the system framework fails to deodex can you make a deodexed version to flash it i need the rom deodexed for your mod pack.
25th December 2013, 08:34 PM |#3909  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

Just to clarify, does it include CM 10.1?

I'm not sure, because the kernel contains code for selinux, and CM10.1 doesn't have selinux. There's no harm in testing it though.
25th December 2013, 08:58 PM |#3910  
Flag Barrie

More
Quote:

I'm not sure, because the kernel contains code for selinux, and CM10.1 doesn't have selinux. There's no harm in testing it though.

It doesn't work; it's stuck at the boot screen. Oh well, I hope you have time to make one for CM 10.1.
25th December 2013, 09:02 PM |#3911  
Flag Bacau

Donate to Me
More
ba2x kernel for stock breaks my wifi on galaxy trend ...Dont know if is this phone the problem or the kernel cuz wifi isnt working on cm11 either
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)