N7105 dead boot recovery how to...

Search This thread

asteraky

Mar 24, 2009
This guide will help you to recover dead boot or downgrade knox bootloader on N7105.
If you are on dead boot for some reason,you can skip step 1.
if you want to downgrade from knox bootloader,first backup your data.this will wipe the device

STEP 1

Write to sdcard n7105_boot1.img file
Disassemble the phone and inserd the sdcard in it`s place.connect the lcd cable,battery and power button cable to the motherboard as in picture
!!!!! THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS PROCEDURES,YOU CAN DAMAGE THE LCD CABLE!!!!

1.jpg

Around the resistor are glue.you must carefully remove the glue with tweezer.Heat the glue to ~ 80-100 *C with hotair gun or hairdryer then carefully remove it.
With a fine tweezers short red marked resistor

2.jpg

!!! you must keep battery connected,lcd ,short with tweezer and press power button with two hands !!!

Press power on button and keep shorting the resistor 3 more seconds then remove short.After few seconds you will see on screen `download completed`

3.jpg

After that you can assembles the phone.Now phone are in dead condition but it`s ok

STEP 2

Write to sdcard n7105_boot2.img file
Connect the battery and press power on buton. SDCARD MODE should appear on screen

4.jpg

Press vol down key to enter download mode

5.jpg

Now you can use odin :)

Attachments

• HDDRawCopy1.02Portable.rar
    516 KB · Views: 5,358
  • n7105_boot1.rar
    350.6 KB · Views: 6,078
  • n7105_boot2.rar
    468.3 KB · Views: 5,790
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 15,174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 16,695
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 14,891
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 14,128
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 12,662
Last edited:

fibreoptix

Jan 22, 2005
Excellant

I think that flashing can be dangerous and on these forums we get many cases of bricked phones

The details the OP has posted are just the type of details that forum members need
THE OP has put warnings into the post and just as with flashing bootloaders or radios or custom rom
you can trash an expensive phone .... but users change front glass with the posserbility of damaging
the LCD ... they change back panels ,,, some fit wireless chargers ... change main boards adn fit new modules internally

I say BRILLIANT post just right for those trapped on nasty knox who would like to downgrade

five stars lets have more hardware mods

Sheikx800

May 15, 2011
No idea how you came across this info. Thanks for sharing. Would love to know the technical reasons behind why/how this works. Fantastic how-to for people in a bind and needing a last resort kind of solution.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Danger but cool! :)
The part to remove glue and to shortcircuit the power is the most danger one, which I think a noob like me will fail on this part.
But cool... never think about this one. :)

Sent from the corner of this rounded earth (N7105 v4.3, powered by LionROM)

disparo

Nov 5, 2008
Lobnya
Just one more detail. Will we need to glue resistor to the motherboard before assembling the phone back?

pallacko

Oct 23, 2006
Hi!
Is there a solution?
Because of the display should guarantee!
If there is a solution can someone help me step by step?
German official N7105 Galaxy 4.3
Hungarian Telekom dependent device
Thank you:
Lackó

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Hi!
Is there a solution?

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7105
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (4 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
AP SWREW: A2

Because of the display should guarantee!
If there is a solution can someone help me step by step?
German official N7105 Galaxy 4.3
Hungarian Telekom dependent device
Thank you:
Lackó

zelith

Jun 19, 2011
Singapore
Hi , I've succeeded in getting to the last step. So what do I do now? Flash it in Odin? with? I tried flashing with a stock 4.3 N7105 ROM and it says "There Is No Pit Partition" and fail, so please advice. I still think my eMMC is not damaged. Can someone verify if we can get to the last step as what asteraky has shown, does it mean our eMMC doesn't need to be replaced. I am short of this last step, I know there is a ray of hope in reviving this Note 2 N7105.

2014-03-28-23-14-55_deco.jpg

This is what I get

and what does

INVALID RPMB DATA means ? All I can suspect is that the current bootloader in the phone is the 4.3 with KNOX Authentication key, the boot SD has the 4.1.2 bootloader . If only someone can dump a new BOOT SD Repair with the new 4.3 files in it , it might work. Just my theory on this. Does anyone get the same issue?

Last edited:

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
Hi , I've succeeded in getting to the last step. So what do I do now? Flash it in Odin? with? I tried flashing with a stock 4.3 N7105 ROM and it says "There Is No Pit Partition" and fail, so please advice. I still think my eMMC is not damaged. Can someone verify if we can get to the last step as what asteraky has shown, does it mean our eMMC doesn't need to be replaced. I am short of this last step, I know there is a ray of hope in reviving this Note 2 N7105.

This is what I get

and what does

INVALID RPMB DATA means ? All I can suspect is that the current bootloader in the phone is the 4.3 with KNOX Authentication key, the boot SD has the 4.1.2 bootloader . If only someone can dump a new BOOT SD Repair with the new 4.3 files in it , it might work. Just my theory on this. Does anyone get the same issue?

did you try a pit file if not i found one here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137008

Reactions: Odasani2015

ricky2k1

Jul 21, 2008
tried n7105_boot1.img file and got "SDCARD DOWNLOAD FAILED"
with n7105_boot2.img file, I get the "Invalid RPMB data"

I have another working n7105 with 4.3 rooted, is there a way to make my own boot.img file?

Rise

Mar 18, 2005
i tried this method
but no luck, no shows anything
my phone is dead and motherboard is ok , no short
any other solution
thanks

Osmatic

Feb 5, 2011
What is the resistance value of this component? Lost mine, need to replace it with spare.

Last edited:

johnfre

Jul 28, 2011
Owen Sound
WARNING... CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, BUT THE 2ND PHOTO (ONE OF MOST IMPORTANT) ISN'T ACTUALLY A NOTE2 IS IS??
I Don't think it matches the other photos (also light background vs others)... so don't pull your whole phone apart unless you are SURE the 2nd photo showing the resistor, is the CORRECT ONE!!! Can someone verify this? It also doesn't match a Note2 disassembly video i watched on youtube...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide will help you to recover dead boot or downgrade knox bootloader on N7105.
    If you are on dead boot for some reason,you can skip step 1.
    if you want to downgrade from knox bootloader,first backup your data.this will wipe the device

STEP 1

Write to sdcard n7105_boot1.img file
    Disassemble the phone and inserd the sdcard in it`s place.connect the lcd cable,battery and power button cable to the motherboard as in picture
    !!!!! THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS PROCEDURES,YOU CAN DAMAGE THE LCD CABLE!!!!

1.jpg

Around the resistor are glue.you must carefully remove the glue with tweezer.Heat the glue to ~ 80-100 *C with hotair gun or hairdryer then carefully remove it.
    With a fine tweezers short red marked resistor

2.jpg

!!! you must keep battery connected,lcd ,short with tweezer and press power button with two hands !!!

Press power on button and keep shorting the resistor 3 more seconds then remove short.After few seconds you will see on screen `download completed`

3.jpg

After that you can assembles the phone.Now phone are in dead condition but it`s ok

STEP 2

Write to sdcard n7105_boot2.img file
    Connect the battery and press power on buton. SDCARD MODE should appear on screen

4.jpg

Press vol down key to enter download mode

5.jpg

Now you can use odin :)

This is what I get

and what does

did you try a pit file if not i found one here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137008