[Stock/Custom ROMs] Huawei Ascend Mate

Search This thread

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
UPDATED 7/01/2014: added a link to surdu_petru's cyanogenmod
added MIUI 3.12.6 instead of 3.12.22, the last one caused some troubles
added new instrustions for a working TWRP
thread organized for a better and easier view

In This thread i will keep an eye on every forum that has a HAM section to find every ROM being developed for out device

How to get TWRP
1_ Use TWRP recovery from the ascend P6 forum "credits to surdu_petru"
If you found the instructions a bit confusing then do as follows
a- Download this zip containing some files we need, extract it and copy the 4 files within to the root of your sd card
b- Install Touch Recovery.apk, launch the app then hit "Install Recovery" this will ask for root permission, when it done, hit "Reboot into Recovery"
c- When in CWM recovery, select "install zip" and look for "Touch Recovery Loader.zip" in your exterbal sd card
d- Selct "install zip" again and this time look for "TWRP_01" and "TWRP_02" install them both one by one.
e- Select Reboot System, when the phone rebootsn first you get to see the HUAWEI ASCEND logo, then the LED light will turn GREEN so quickly keep pressing "volume+" or "vomule-" til the LED light turns RED
f- If you did everything right you should be now in TWRP
2_ In TWRP recovery, select "Install" then flash the zip file you want

How to Flash a stock ROM
1_ download the rom and unzip it
2_ put the dload folder in the root of your external sd card
3_ make sure the folder dload contains one file names "UPDATE.APP"
4_ backup system settings and other configurations to external sdcard using the backup app from huawei
5_ go to settings>about phone>system update>local update>confirm

STOCK ROMs (Android 4.1.X/Emotion UI)

B113

DOWNLOAD
Android 4.1
EMUI 1.5
Version Number: V100R001C00B113
Update Package Size: 1.08 GB
[/CENTER]

B221

DOWNLOAD
Android 4.1.2
Current General Release from Huawei for the International Market, with Gapps
Credits to Onecton

STOCK ROMs (Android 4.2.X/Emotion UI)

B905

DOWNLOAD
Android 4.2.2.
Currently the Beta Chinese Version, No Gapps included

For Navigationbar Options Edit this in Build.prop:

ro.config.hw_navigationbar =false -> true

ro.config.hw_shownavisettings =false -> true
GApps which work with this Rom -> LINK
CWM for flashing said GApps -> LINK[
Credits to Onecton

B906

Android 4.2.2
EMOTION UI 1.6
Latest stable chinese version (multilang)
Three themes only

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD mirror

B907

Android 4.2.2
EMOTION UI 1.6
Russian version (should work perfectly in other countries)

DOWNLOAD

CUSTOM ROMs

[UNOFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 10.1 [06/01/2013]

Credits to THE ONE THAT MADE IT @surdu_petru
10.1 is based on Android 4.2
builded from the last updated CyanogenMod 10.1 source ;
based on Firmware B125 !
build safe to test only if you follow the steps to Installation !
Include the last update TWRP Recovery R02.1 !!!
Not Working :
camera ;
maybe some other small stuff :
audio a2dp ;
Wi-Fi hotspot ;
For a download link please visit surdu_petru's thread HERE
FLASH with TWRP recovery

MIUI ROMs

MIUI 3.12.6

Based on Android 4.2.2
When bugs found, please report them here

How to flash

a- Download this zip containing some files we need, extract it and copy the 4 files within to the root of your sd card
b- Install Touch Recovery.apk, launch the app then hit "Install Recovery" this will ask for root permission, when it done, hit "Reboot into Recovery"
c- When in CWM recovery, select "install zip" and look for "Touch Recovery Loader.zip" in your exterbal sd card
d- Selct "install zip" again and this time look for "TWRP_01" and "TWRP_02" install them both one by one.
e- Select Reboot System, when the phone rebootsn first you get to see the HUAWEI ASCEND logo, then the LED light will turn GREEN so quickly keep pressing "volume+" or "vomule-" til the LED light turns RED
2_ In TWRP recovery, select Install then flash the zip file

Download link

MIUI 3.6.9

Based on Android 4.1.2 and Emotion UI B114
DOWNLOAD

How to Flash

1_ Download and unrar the ROM
2_ Enable "USB Debugging"
3_ Change usb connection to MTP
4_ Run the file "flash_all.bat " then tap just "enter"
5_ When you see that the flash is done, press and hold the "volume up" on the phone + any key on PC
6_ Phone will automatically restarts when you see the Huawei logo, release the phone "volume up" key
7_ Perform a factory reset

Last edited:

hovadrive

Sep 20, 2010
Kingston
Thanks a lot

Really appropriate this compilation , looking forward to seeing 4.3 or 4.4 even custom rom.
Thanks

jonatutu

Jan 29, 2011
Can the international version of Huawei Ascend Mate( 1Gb ram ) use all the above roms.

gkm8123

Feb 27, 2010
There is android 4.4 costom rom for the mate?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MT1-U06 mit Tapatalk

vastphoto

Nov 13, 2011
Toronto
CM 10.2 on Ascend Mate?

Does anyone know how hard it would be to get CM 10.2 to run on the Ascend Mate? Just got the phone and really love it but can't stand all the bloat which really kills the batty. Love to have something lean and mean like CM running on my phone.

Thanks.

Reactions: mustafatarrah

lonespeaker

Dec 4, 2011
North East England
Does anyone know how hard it would be to get CM 10.2 to run on the Ascend Mate? Just got the phone and really love it but can't stand all the bloat which really kills the batty. Love to have something lean and mean like CM running on my phone.

Thanks.

CM 10.1 is the best we can hope for until huawei release a 4.3 or 4.4 rom for the mate and then we will still need a way to flash a custom recovery. Until then our options are very limited.

thegooz

May 10, 2006
MIUI 5 3.8.12 for Huawei Ascend Mate.

Hey all, I found this ROM; an update (I think) to the previous MIUI ROM. I've loaded it up and have had no real problems. Pretty simple install. Skipped the MIUI and GMS downloads. Used latest Google Play apk instead. First off, the bottoms don't show. Go to settings and change nav button height (I changed both portrait and landscape to "52" and it looks nice).
Overall, this MIUI stuff seems pretty slick! =)

http://droidsans.com/node/136903

Last edited:

hamdimo

Jan 14, 2012
Hey all, I found this ROM; an update (I think) to the previous MIUI ROM. I've loaded it up and have had no real problems. Pretty simple install. Skipped the MIUI and GMS downloads. Used latest Google Play apk instead. First off, the bottoms don't show. Go to settings and change nav button height (I changed both portrait and landscape to "52" and it looks nice).

Nice catch, i'll include this rom here as an update :)

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3

hi thegooz,

i hv downloaded it. just in case would you be kind to include how you flash it with a guide? thanks.
i read the guide but just in case someone would want to ask the same question over and over again, they'll have the flashing guide.

i havent install it yet, wanna try when i get back.
by the way, i revert back to B221, will it be compatible? i also had downloaded the Official B907 from the russian site but have not flash yet.
just want to know anyone experiences towards these.

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
I feel that i've made a mistake.
I try flashing the miui rom from thegooz link. Its stuck in bootloop/keep restarting when still reading files during the last system reading. That was in 60% batt.
Now keep restarting that way.
When i discionnect the charging cable it turn off and restarting again. Same as when i connect the cable again.
Any suggestion guys.

T28#HOX

thegooz

May 10, 2006
hi thegooz,

i hv downloaded it. just in case would you be kind to include how you flash it with a guide? thanks.
i read the guide but just in case someone would want to ask the same question over and over again, they'll have the flashing guide.

i havent install it yet, wanna try when i get back.
by the way, i revert back to B221, will it be compatible? i also had downloaded the Official B907 from the russian site but have not flash yet.
just want to know anyone experiences towards these.

I've used the B907 as well. It's just a dload onto the SDcard and install. That ROM seems to be the best one in my experience. However, I couldn't the hide/show nav buttons to work. I ended up using Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Lite by Pavel (googleplaystore) to get the effect.

I'll probably switch back to it soon. I like MIUI but, it isn't as smooth although it looks better; and some things don't work well, i.e., voice assistant is in Chinese, MIUI audio player doesn't work with APEX launcher....things like that.

This is how I installed it. You might have to unplug/replug the usb and start over if it doesn't read Daemon. just unplug phone, close bluish/green window and try again. It took me a couple of times.-

Unzip ROM to desktop.
Put your usb cable in your pc and your phone.
Check if it is in debug mode (I was connected as Huwaei suite option).
If it isn't in debug, then go to settings developer options put usb debugging on.
Open ROM folder on desktop and press shift and double click on flash_all (its a batch file)
A command line window will appear in blueish/green (it's in Chinese).
Just press 1 on your keyboard and press enter (rom)
Then press enter again.
The phone will shutdown and will immediately will reboot you will get the Huawei ascend logo en the files will transfer now wait the phone will boot into the new ROM and your done (give it a while and don't unplug until the window appears to be completed).

I've done before and was able to dload back to B907 off SD card.

I've a 1.5gb version phone.

Good luck.

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
I am now stuck in bootloop. Mistakrnly didnt realised the battery is low 4+%.
At first try it went to bootloop so i restart in recovery force update with dload in ext sd card. Until 'Checking Module SYSTEM' phone restart in the middle and keep restarting at huawei logo.
I think battery not enough. So now i need help if anyone knows how to deplete
The battery so can charge. No led light when connect to usb cable/ no signal of the mate charging.

T28#HOX

syaah

Jun 28, 2005
I am now stuck in bootloop. Mistakrnly didnt realised the battery is low 4+%.
At first try it went to bootloop so i restart in recovery force update with dload in ext sd card. Until 'Checking Module SYSTEM' phone restart in the middle and keep restarting at huawei logo.
I think battery not enough. So now i need help if anyone knows how to deplete
The battery so can charge. No led light when connect to usb cable/ no signal of the mate charging.

T28#HOX

You will probably need to leave ur mate on charge for sometime before ur mate is able to return to its normal state.

Try also the force installation method to install the B907 ROM to revive ur unit.
(with or without the charger connected).

Hope this helps..;)

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

thegooz

May 10, 2006
You will probably need to leave ur mate on charge for sometime before ur mate is able to return to its normal state.

Try also the force installation method to install the B907 ROM to revive ur unit.
(with or without the charger connected).

Hope this helps..;)

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

Agreed. Or try holding all three buttons (pwr/volume +/_-) and wping/ clearing data then any ROM from SDcard (dload)

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
Thanks gooz n syaah.

It seems when i connected to cable to charge its not charging but turn on and stuck on the huawei logo. Cant turn it off except if i disconnect the cable. Theres no led light when connect to cable too.

When i press both vol button it will start the sdcard update but stuck in the last 'Checking Module SYSTEM' and when its in middle loading it restarted either back to the sdcard update or stuck in the logo screen.
I did left the phone stuck on the logo for a night hoping it will deplete the batt but to no avail. Still the same situation.

T28#HOX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED 7/01/2014: added a link to surdu_petru's cyanogenmod
    added MIUI 3.12.6 instead of 3.12.22, the last one caused some troubles
    added new instrustions for a working TWRP
    thread organized for a better and easier view

In This thread i will keep an eye on every forum that has a HAM section to find every ROM being developed for out device

How to get TWRP
    2_ In TWRP recovery, select "Install" then flash the zip file you want

How to Flash a stock ROM
    1_ download the rom and unzip it
    2_ put the dload folder in the root of your external sd card
    3_ make sure the folder dload contains one file names "UPDATE.APP"
    4_ backup system settings and other configurations to external sdcard using the backup app from huawei
    5_ go to settings>about phone>system update>local update>confirm

STOCK ROMs (Android 4.1.X/Emotion UI)

B113

DOWNLOAD
    Android 4.1
    EMUI 1.5
    Version Number: V100R001C00B113
    Update Package Size: 1.08 GB
    [/CENTER]

B221

DOWNLOAD
    Android 4.1.2
    Current General Release from Huawei for the International Market, with Gapps
    Credits to Onecton

STOCK ROMs (Android 4.2.X/Emotion UI)

B905

DOWNLOAD
    Android 4.2.2.
    Currently the Beta Chinese Version, No Gapps included

For Navigationbar Options Edit this in Build.prop:

ro.config.hw_navigationbar =false -> true

ro.config.hw_shownavisettings =false -> true
    GApps which work with this Rom -> LINK
    CWM for flashing said GApps -> LINK[
    Credits to Onecton

B906

Android 4.2.2
    EMOTION UI 1.6
    Latest stable chinese version (multilang)
    Three themes only

DOWNLOAD
    DOWNLOAD mirror

B907

Android 4.2.2
    EMOTION UI 1.6
    Russian version (should work perfectly in other countries)

DOWNLOAD

CUSTOM ROMs

[UNOFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 10.1 [06/01/2013]

Credits to THE ONE THAT MADE IT @surdu_petru
    10.1 is based on Android 4.2
    builded from the last updated CyanogenMod 10.1 source ;
    based on Firmware B125 !
    build safe to test only if you follow the steps to Installation !
    Include the last update TWRP Recovery R02.1 !!!
    Not Working :
    camera ;
    maybe some other small stuff :
    audio a2dp ;
    Wi-Fi hotspot ;
    For a download link please visit surdu_petru's thread HERE
    FLASH with TWRP recovery

MIUI ROMs

MIUI 3.12.6

Based on Android 4.2.2
    When bugs found, please report them here

How to flash

2_ In TWRP recovery, select Install then flash the zip file

Download link

MIUI 3.6.9

Based on Android 4.1.2 and Emotion UI B114
    DOWNLOAD

How to Flash

1_ Download and unrar the ROM
    2_ Enable "USB Debugging"
    3_ Change usb connection to MTP
    4_ Run the file "flash_all.bat " then tap just "enter"
    5_ When you see that the flash is done, press and hold the "volume up" on the phone + any key on PC
    6_ Phone will automatically restarts when you see the Huawei logo, release the phone "volume up" key
    7_ Perform a factory reset
    Well, I figured it out. I am now running CM 10.1. I had a suspicion that after flashing TWRP numerous times, that somehow it was corrupted in some way. So, I flashed the stock B907 rom to return to original, then went through the process again. This time, when the green led lit, I repeatedly pushed the volume down button, and TWRP appeared. I flashed CM according to the instructions given (and I used the original R01 and R02) and it worked flawlessly. The rom is great, lightning fast compared to stock, I only wish that the camera worked. Hopefully soon. Thanks everyone for all of your helpful posts.

Hi!

Camera is already enabled ! Stock camera wil not work but you can download one from PlayStore ! For video camera you can use : Uva silent Videocamera or Videocam illusion ! Thanks ...
    hi guys, do we need a firmware baidu v6 ?
    =)
    I now testing muiu 4.3.21 for mate
    Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-04-45.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-04-23.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-03-21.png

Screenshot_2014-04-27-23-04-06.png
    I have b930
    I need b300 for dungrade from b331 to b930
    If you have b300 link plz send that for me

Sorry for the delayed response!

B300 seems to be for Mate 7 not for Mate 1.
    If you have Mate 1, my recommendation would be the latest KangVIP ROM which is based on B331 Stock ROM.
    Even better: One of the fine Custom ROMs by dev mrAlmid (OmniROM, BlissStalk ROM, CyanogenMod 11).
    Bliss and CM11 had been revised in 2017.01.
    You can find these ROMs and usb drivers as well on my MEGA.
    It's not clear yet, you may ask the developer.
    I can confirm that it's working 100% on ascend mate, but... i lost twrp after switching from CM 10.1 to B906, which means (as far as i know) flashing a stock rom removes the custom recovery.
    Oh by the way.... :) the cyanogenmod build.... IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! apart from camera and gps and some little things, the rom is 200% faster than any stock rom for the ascend mate, i tried it two days ago. but when i restored a B906 backup the phone froze on the first boot screen.
    like i said, flashing or restoring a stock backup messes up some things but it's not a BRICK, i repeat... the phone was not bricked, to solve it you need to:
    _ Hold the power button till the screen goes dark,
    _ Hold the three buttons together (power, vlm+ and vlm-) so that i flash the stock rom i already have on my sd card (dload folder)

Pro Tip: the B907 in the first post is the best stock rom for the HAM, it has all gapps and also rootable.

Hello !

Thanks !

TWRP Recovery is not rewrite your stock recovery partition, so you will lose TWRP by installing other rom !

Also you can lose TWRP by removing /system/etc/install-recovery.sh or : /system/xbin/busybox , /system/bin/recovery.sh , /system/bin/recovery.cpio.lzma !!!

Soon I'll update CM10.1 , with this fix : gps and signal network ! Rest camera to enable and other small issue !

Edit :

New Update was released & include also the last update for TWRP Recovery R02.1 !

Good luck !