[HOW TO]Jtag a HTC Touch Elf(in)

714 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By captainstu72, Senior Member on 1st April 2010, 01:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2011, 09:18 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
finally i made the circuit ....but the worst possible thing happend....the copper coating on the jtag pins came off.. am i doomed here ..!!! i noticed the same pins at the back on the same location are these the same pins..?? please help out thank you..!!!

10th September 2011, 12:02 PM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fareham

More
Wow, I'm happy people are still using elfs, been a while since I've been in this section.

Anyways. Cyber, They hopefully are the same pins. I'm not able to check as I don't have an elf anymore. If someone else does, maybe they can use a voltmeter or something to check to make sure that the 2 are the same?

Failing that, it may be worth a go anyways.

Jack, glad your phone is working again

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to captainstu72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift captainstu72 Ad-Free
10th September 2011, 06:47 PM |#113  

More
thanks for the replay bro....really appreciated it.!!!

anyways i did giver it a try but no avail..!!! it just fails to read the processor..!! and also i made a terrible mistake of burning a very tiny resistor on the side of those pins...!!! anyways it doesn't matter it was in the closet for years..!! il dump it again lol but after trying again!!!

their is something else i noticed too when i turn it on i can see that the lcd turns on without the backlight for a sec then off..!!! any clues.???
10th September 2011, 10:11 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fareham

More
Honestly, no. Can't remeber if that happened on mine before. May well be something with the resistor you may have fried, may be that it wasn't completely bricked before and could have been some over hardware issue. Who knows, but sorry I can't be more help on this one.

The Following User Says Thank You to captainstu72 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift captainstu72 Ad-Free
12th September 2011, 09:39 AM |#115  

More
hmmm well it was doing that before i fried up the resistor...well anyways i can say i did try..!!! thanks for your responses and this wonderful thread..!!!
15th September 2011, 11:04 AM |#116  
N.A.D
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainstu72

Wow, I'm happy people are still using elfs, been a while since I've been in this section.

Anyways. Cyber, They hopefully are the same pins. I'm not able to check as I don't have an elf anymore. If someone else does, maybe they can use a voltmeter or something to check to make sure that the 2 are the same?

Failing that, it may be worth a go anyways.

Jack, glad your phone is working again

yes, because I had been reading the thread who you make. and after I know that bombom81 is a country of people who live with me, I immediately contacted him and asked him directions.
and finally I managed to revive my ELF.
once again thank to you stu.

@ Cyber​​: I also do not know whether the pins at the back on the same location are these the same pins. but when I do, I do it in sections shown in the picture (in PDF file).
when you do it (when connect to the computer) is its LED light turns on.
because by the time I did it the LED lights its turn on green. and after I made (its LCD is not installed) I saw the LED turn into an orange. and at that moment I knew I was managed to do it.

sory for my english i use google for translate

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_02000

thanks for the replay bro....really appreciated it.!!!

anyways i did giver it a try but no avail..!!! it just fails to read the processor..!! and also i made a terrible mistake of burning a very tiny resistor on the side of those pins...!!! anyways it doesn't matter it was in the closet for years..!! il dump it again lol but after trying again!!!

their is something else i noticed too when i turn it on i can see that the lcd turns on without the backlight for a sec then off..!!! any clues.???

oh.,.,another one
if you want the JTAG hardware detect the processor, you must soldering right on the pins. because at that time I was repeatedly soldering the pins.
16th September 2011, 04:06 AM |#117  

More
i tried and i tried but it just fails to detect the processor.............i am thinking the problem is somewhere else !!! thanks for your reply fido
16th September 2011, 06:46 AM |#118  
N.A.D
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_02000

i tried and i tried but it just fails to detect the processor.............i am thinking the problem is somewhere else !!! thanks for your reply fido

I think the problem is definitely on pins. try again, see and follow the instructions in the PDF file with a carefully.
I'm pretty sure you not exactly soldering the pins.
5th October 2011, 04:00 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi Guys.

First of all, sorry because I never reply PM or I never followed this post. I stoped lloking for jtag on elf long time ago and so a long time since I did not read posts on XDA-Developers.

It's amazing the job that stu and bombom did with this, seriously, congratulations.

I'll follow the guide to re-alive my bicked elf next week and I will post my experience.

Thanks again for your ID job and sorry for not answering before.

Regards.
27th December 2013, 03:25 PM |#120  

More
JTAG help
Hi,

Short story:
I have a HTC ELF bricked (Smart Mobility screen)
Device ID ELF010050
CID HTC__405
I search for shipped ROM , no result.
I don't have another wince device to make a Goldcard.
So i decided to try JTAG to change SPL.
Interface build OK
H-JTAG program detect processor OK
noICE start OK
Now i'm stuck to "load"
Every time i try to load SPL i receive an error message.
I followed all the steps in "HOW TO JTAG HTC TOUCH ELF" downloaded from this tread.
Any advice ?
Many thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, dead, elf, jtag, touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)