FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Whatsapp Xtract: Backup Messages Extractor / Database Analyzer / Chat-Backup

207 posts
Thanks Meter: 290

By ztedd, Senior Member on 5th April 2012, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2013, 11:59 AM |#791  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
51 64564528
Any Update for the New Whatsapp??
20th December 2013, 01:28 PM |#792  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Problems too
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Cipher

anyone see what I am doing wrong?
20th December 2013, 06:02 PM |#793  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
8638895 217
Found a Fix for the New Whatsapp on iPhone in the Thread:

Just locate in the Xtract folder the file named whatsapp_xtract.py and hove over to line number 1667 (which reads as follows):
curr_message = Message(msgs["Z_PK"],msgs["ZISFROMME"],msgs["ZMESSAGEDATE"],msgs["ZTEXT"],contactfrom,msgs["ZMESSAGESTATUS"],media["ZMEDIALOCALPATH"],media["ZMEDIAURL"],media["ZTHUMBNAILDATA"],ZXMPPTHUMBPATH,mediawatype,media["ZFILESIZE"],media["ZLATITUDE"],media["ZLONGITUDE"],media["ZVCARDNAME"],media["ZVCARDSTRING"])

Replace the word "media["ZTHUMBNAILDATA"]" in the above line with "None".

So. See the Yellow Color. None, not none:
curr_message = Message(msgs["Z_PK"],msgs["ZISFROMME"],msgs["ZMESSAGEDATE"],msgs["ZTEXT"],contactfrom,msgs["ZMESSAGESTATUS"],media["ZMEDIALOCALPATH"],media["ZMEDIAURL"],None,ZXMPPTHUMBPATH,mediawatype,media["ZFILESIZE"],media["ZLATITUDE"],media["ZLONGITUDE"],media["ZVCARDNAME"],media["ZVCARDSTRING"])
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vSaAmTp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vSaAmTp Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 02:30 AM |#794  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
A question! A friend change phone number, is possible merge old chat with new?
Because now I have 2 chats with same contact name (but different number of course)
24th December 2013, 04:00 AM |#795  

More
there were many msgs .. i wanted to read all the chats .. but i cud read only one chat :/
25th December 2013, 07:25 PM |#796  

More
Hi,

does Whatsapp xtract works with whatsapp version 2.11.7.

I wanted to a extract a chatstorage.sqlite file from my Icloud backup but I always got
the error message

".. file is encrypted or is not a database and you tried to open.."

Does anyone has an idea.
26th December 2013, 07:33 AM |#797  

More
I'm struggling with a smilar issue...
I'm also trying to extract a ChatStorage.sqlite (2.1MB) from my iCloud backup and am getting similar errors...

python whatsapp_xtract.py ChatStorage.sqlite

Python Version 2.x
Detected non-SQLite database, potentially an encrypted Android database
Trying to decrypt Android database...
Decrypted file written to ChatStorage.sqlite.plain.db
Error: File is not an encrypted Android database

I was able to recover photos and audio from the Media folder... But not my conversations.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffenmeier

Hi,

does Whatsapp xtract works with whatsapp version 2.11.7.

I wanted to a extract a chatstorage.sqlite file from my Icloud backup but I always got
the error message

".. file is encrypted or is not a database and you tried to open.."

Does anyone has an idea.

27th December 2013, 07:29 PM |#798  

More
Angry works great thnku
awesome man it works
28th December 2013, 07:20 AM |#799  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've successfully merged 2 plain db files. Edited the chat_list to make it work, however I run into the same problem as a guy on the beginning of this thread.
When I open the messages that contain copied thumbnails of pictures or videos my whatsapp force closes.
When I delete the records that contain the picture or video everything works fine.
I've read that it had something to do with copying BLOB that's not really working as it should.
Does anyone have a solution for this yet?
30th December 2013, 07:34 AM |#800  

More
Thumbs up Thanks works perfect!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vSaAmTp

Found a Fix for the New Whatsapp on iPhone in the Thread:

Just locate in the Xtract folder the file named whatsapp_xtract.py and hove over to line number 1667 (which reads as follows):
curr_message = Message(msgs["Z_PK"],msgs["ZISFROMME"],msgs["ZMESSAGEDATE"],msgs["ZTEXT"],contactfrom,msgs["ZMESSAGESTATUS"],media["ZMEDIALOCALPATH"],media["ZMEDIAURL"],media["ZTHUMBNAILDATA"],ZXMPPTHUMBPATH,mediawatype,media["ZFILESIZE"],media["ZLATITUDE"],media["ZLONGITUDE"],media["ZVCARDNAME"],media["ZVCARDSTRING"])

Replace the word "media["ZTHUMBNAILDATA"]" in the above line with "None".

So. See the Yellow Color. None, not none:
curr_message = Message(msgs["Z_PK"],msgs["ZISFROMME"],msgs["ZMESSAGEDATE"],msgs["ZTEXT"],contactfrom,msgs["ZMESSAGESTATUS"],media["ZMEDIALOCALPATH"],media["ZMEDIAURL"],None,ZXMPPTHUMBPATH,mediawatype,media["ZFILESIZE"],media["ZLATITUDE"],media["ZLONGITUDE"],media["ZVCARDNAME"],media["ZVCARDSTRING"])

Dear vSaAmTp your fix works perfect!! thank you very much to share with us
31st December 2013, 04:01 AM |#801  
Flag Jutphaas, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Whatsapp merge error
Hi,
I have merged 2 whatsapp db files, for I could not restore the 16-dec-2013 from my broken desire-z unto my borrowed Galaxy S-I9000
I thought at first maybe the folder would be a problem (sdcard0 instead of sdcard) but that is probably not true.
So I decrypted the new made database and the 16-dec auto backup database.
And I could merge them, some conversations (only text) work until probably some picture should show up.
Then the whatsapp crashes.

I have a database structure here
on the right is the new structure.
How can I correctly get the older data into the new structure without errors?
Or rearrange the old structure to a new structure and then merge them?
Any Ideas?

Note: at the right is the new order, at the left is the order in my db of 16-12-2013 when my desire-z broke...

Any advice is welcome!
regards,
Bernhard

p.s. at least i found out how to restore the old database, without the encryption... So most of it is back.
But I still would like to know how to be able to merge some older databases I have with a new database, without strange errors
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)