FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OS4.3] Wifi Fix | Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC features | Build prop

31,913 posts
Thanks Meter: 64,481

By dr.ketan, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2013, 06:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2013, 04:00 PM |#281  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Barakat

Dear Sir,
I flashed the latest 4.3 for my N7100 for UAE. N7100XXUEMKA_N7100OJVEMK3_LYS ...(every thing was OK)
Then as per the steps in the OP I flashed philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5 ...(every thing was OK)
Now I started the AROMA and only changed ROOT, Busy Box & made all check marks in Backup EFS, ... and finally made all check marks in Restore Utility EFS, ....

Now after restart I get a pop up saying "Unfortunately, S Suggest has stopped" that keeps popping back even preventing me from passing the lock screen.
kinda like this guy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549756

Any suggestions?
can I re-flash stock 4.3 via ODIN again?

Thanks a lot

If u r backing up EFS... U cnt also check restore EFS...
During ROM flashing...leave the restore EFS...
My 2cents opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

27th December 2013, 05:01 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamran

If u r backing up EFS... U cnt also check restore EFS...
During ROM flashing...leave the restore EFS...
My 2cents opinion.

Thanks, but do you think that is the reason ?
any how I reran AROMA without any backup or restore checked I also deknoxed, but same popup is blocking my whole life.
I cant answer incoming calls
27th December 2013, 06:25 PM |#283  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Barakat

Thanks, but do you think that is the reason ?
any how I reran AROMA without any backup or restore checked I also deknoxed, but same popup is blocking my whole life.
I cant answer incoming calls

There maybe 2 issues u r facing :

1. You didnt flash the ROM correctly.
The aroma is sort of multitool..u cn use for flashing ROM, backing up EFS n nandroid...etc...restoring EFS n nandroid n etc..BUT when u tick backup then u cnt tick restore at the same time..... When flashing new ROM just backup will do. .

2. Depending on where u come from 4.1.2 or 4.3 or old bootloader or new bootloader, u may experience either
- no wifi, or
- no network

There r fixes n patches provided n they either fix yr modem, kernel or bootloader..

As for me. I dun really bother about knox warranty.. so i install official 4.3 n root it n Flash custom recovery n lastly Flash custom ROM.
That way i m 100% sure i will hv the modem or kernel or bootloader for 4.3 n will nt have wifi or network issues.

My 5 cts opinion

27th December 2013, 06:57 PM |#284  
Flag Far away
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
I have a question if i udate to stock then i root it and flash custom ROM and then i want to install stock ROM again can i do it whitout any problem?

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Note II usando Tapatalk 2
27th December 2013, 07:35 PM |#285  
I've searched the whole thread but can't find any info. I want to remove the wifi fix to flash the MJ5 BL. How can I do that or isn't it required?

Thanks
27th December 2013, 07:36 PM |#286  
Flag Armenia
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avercros

Hello.

Using the wifi patch i can't hear anything when make a call or receive.

Any solutions?

Thanks for the help.

Please help.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7100 mediante Tapatalk
27th December 2013, 07:55 PM |#287  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm confused about a few things.

I have a GT-N7100 that has root that I did via PC Odin desktop. It is using 4.1.2. I would like to go to 4.3.

I don't care about warranty. I'm in Central America and I believe the phone originally came from the United States, but I'm not sure.

I would be happy to purchase Odin Mobile Pro if that would be helpful to me.

Most of all, I'm hoping that I don't have to wipe my phone and reload everything. But I do have Titanium Pro with a complete back up on my external card as well as saved in dropbox.

I also have the latest paid Triangle Away - and the latest SuperSU.

Can someone point me to a simple way to do this?

Thanks
28th December 2013, 02:44 AM |#288  
Thanks Meter: 681

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pani690

I've searched the whole thread but can't find any info. I want to remove the wifi fix to flash the MJ5 BL. How can I do that or isn't it required?

Thanks

i think i read to overwrite the fix we have to flash a stock rom with bootloader with pc odin
The Following User Says Thank You to rraaka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rraaka Ad-Free
28th December 2013, 06:49 AM |#289  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 64,481

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyconverter

I don't care about warranty.

If you don't care about warranty, this thread is not for you. You can simply install 4.3 with PC Odin.
28th December 2013, 12:56 PM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Bootloader is damaged on my N7100.

I tried dr.ketan's WIFI fix with an old bootloader and I could not get wifi to work so I had to upgrade the bootloader so I can use 4.3.

I flashed the MJ5 Bootloader and I got an error message and my phone was bricked (only download mode working).

I then reflashed the MJ5 Bootloader and Odin said it was successful.

Now the when I turn the phone on it randomly does one of 4 things: recovery, download mode, freeze or boot as normal.

Any help would be great, thanks.

P.S.
When my phone boots I can use it normally.
28th December 2013, 02:12 PM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

If you don't care about warranty, this thread is not for you. You can simply install 4.3 with PC Odin.

Thank you for responding. The only reason I don't care about warranty is that my phone is more than-year-old and where I am, there's no real warranty.

Can you give me a link to a thread where I might get some additional help?

I have the following questions:

1. Where do I find and how I know for sure that I'm using the right 4.3 upgrade?

2. Is there a thread with a step by step process to follow

3. Since I am already rooted, do I need to unroot first? (I have not found any info on how to move up to 4.3 if you already have root.)

4. To move up to 4.3, will I have to wipe and reload everything?

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyconverter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luckyconverter Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)