[APP] MULTIWINDOW Apps Manager - Easily Add More Apps to the Multiwindow Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello Friends,

I would like to share this app, MULTIWINDOW Apps Manager, to easily enable or add more apps to the MULTIWINDOW TRAY.

Please READ the NOTES below for Important Info before installing this app so you will know what it does and it's limitations.

NOTE I: This app requires a ROOTED device. If you don't know what rooted is, then more likely your device is not rooted so please don't install if you are not sure if you have a rooted device.

NOTE II: This app only adds apps you select into the multiwindow app list and has nothing to do with how multiwindow function works. It seems that in EDIT mode, that is when you are adding apps from the edit list to the traybar, the wrong app is being added. This is because Samsung did not make the multiwindow edit list to support more than 32 apps at the same time. This is a shortcoming on the part of the samsung multiwindow code and has nothing to do with this app. So when you enable more than 32 apps and when in EDIT mode, please drag apps you want to include in the Multiwindow Tray from the START of the EDIT app list (in EDIT mode) and NOT from the BOTTOM so you will not have trouble picking the wrong app.

NOTE III: Just because you can add more apps in the Multiwindow traybar does not mean you have to add all your apps. Based on experience, not all apps are multiwindow-friendly like SHEALTH and some others, and adding too many apps causes the multiwindow traybar to lag or slow down so BE WARNED.

NOTE IV: If you have previously edited others.xml or features.xml, you may have introduced some errors to the xml file layout which would prevent this app from properly functioning. Editing the said xml files manually is not advisable due to human error of breaking the xml structure by accident. If this app does not work after previously manually editing the said xml files, then I suggest you restore the original unedited xml files.

DOWNLOAD from PLAY STORE or at the bottom of this post.

1. Make sure your device is ROOTED.
2. Make a Nandroid Backup or all backups that you can think of.
3. Install the app, Run and grant root/superuser/supersu access.
4. Select your apps and reboot.
5. Enjoy.

attachment.php

THANKS to @soloilmeglio and @and2 for testing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-15-13-58-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-13-58-17.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 37,472
  • MWAppsManager_v1.0.apk
    185.5 KB · Views: 9,365
  • Screenshot_2013-11-15-13-53-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-13-53-56.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 4,885
  • 2013-11-15-13-59-46.jpg
    2013-11-15-13-59-46.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 4,837
Last edited:

soloilmeglio

Jan 17, 2012
Rome
thanks a lot mate! as always great work! I learned a lot looking into your code :)

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: xperiacle

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
So this app rapaced the Xposed version of MultiWindow app manager???

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2

philly0128

Aug 2, 2007
So found this app in the market and I installed it on my SGN 10.1 2014 which is says it's compatable with, I am however running clean rom which is still stock just without the bloatware and rooted.

granted access
add the apps I wanted
saved
rebooted

no new apps in my mw bar

mjcollum

Mar 13, 2011
TEXAS
So found this app in the market and I installed it on my SGN 10.1 2014 which is says it's compatable with, I am however running clean rom which is still stock just without the bloatware and rooted.

granted access
add the apps I wanted
saved
rebooted

no new apps in my mw bar

Actually it's kind of counter intuitive.
You need to add the apps in two places.

After you add the apps you want with the app.
Open the my bar
At the bottom is a little arrow.
Click it.
Click edit.
Drag your apps in the order you want from the pop up window to the bar.

Close and reboot.
You should now have all the apps in your bar that you want.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

philly0128

Aug 2, 2007
Actually it's kind of counter intuitive.
You need to add the apps in two places.

After you add the apps you want with the app.
Open the my bar
At the bottom is a little arrow.
Click it.
Click edit.
Drag your apps in the order you want from the pop up window to the bar.

Close and reboot.
You should now have all the apps in your bar that you want.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

sweet I did get an app added and I wasn't sure how I did it, you cleared it up for me. Thanks

Oct 2, 2009
Mexico City
Google Play Issue

Hi I just buy the pen launcher app and it works like a charm, my only feedback its that google play didn't recognize my device as compatible (N9005) for the multi window manager, I'm going to download it from here, but my recomendation is that you try to fix this because this will allow more people buy the MultiWindow Plus, once they install the Multi Window.

Many thanks awesome apps :highfive:

xPr0metheus

Oct 27, 2012
I love the icon :) and i love the app. Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

xPr0metheus

Oct 27, 2012
Hey mate, I have a problem.
Since I set up my device (note 3 SM-N9005) new, mw app manager and neither pen window manager save the apps I activated...
What can be the problem? Maybe S5 launcher?

Oneiros

Jul 3, 2007
Alternative for NON-ROOTED devices

If like me you haven't and don't want to root your device there is an excellent alternative that lets you add apps to the multiwindow drawer that are otherwise non-compatible apps. Its called MW-Pen enabler pro. It modifies your installed app on the device so no decompiling of an apk is required by you. I successfully modified the TomTom app and Audible app for use in multiwindow mode so that when I drive I can have the button free mode of Audible to navigate an audiobook without having to close and reopen TomTom each time. The app costs £1.50 but definitely worth the money.

There is one solution that I am still seeking which is to automatically launch 2 apps in multiwindow mode using a singe shortcut or NFC event. Does anybody know how to do this ?

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
If like me you haven't and don't want to root your device there is an excellent alternative that lets you add apps to the multiwindow drawer that are otherwise non-compatible apps. Its called MW-Pen enabler pro. It modifies your installed app on the device so no decompiling of an apk is required by you. I successfully modified the TomTom app and Audible app for use in multiwindow mode so that when I drive I can have the button free mode of Audible to navigate an audiobook without having to close and reopen TomTom each time. The app costs £1.50 but definitely worth the money.

There is one solution that I am still seeking which is to automatically launch 2 apps in multiwindow mode using a singe shortcut or NFC event. Does anybody know how to do this ?

Paired Window Shortcut

ext2

Apr 25, 2013
Thanks for this app. I'm on n7105 stock 4.4.2 everything works except the display in alphabetic order function. Is there any solution?

Thanks

padre629

Mar 23, 2013
Colombia
Works perfectly on Note 3 SM-N900T.
AWESOME app, five stars to you.
However the phone starts a little slower than before, because I've added 7-8 apps, I think it's normal..... Everything is well.

Thank you so much! All the best :D

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

An additional thing.
Can you make a similar app to manage custom apps for S-Pen Mini/Floating Window ???
An app like this ???

It can be awesome. Thanks ;)

tiis

Aug 13, 2013
Hey mate, I have a problem.
Since I set up my device (note 3 SM-N9005) new, mw app manager and neither pen window manager save the apps I activated...
What can be the problem? Maybe S5 launcher?

Same problem here on N7100 with Android 4.4.2 and Phantom rom 9.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends,

I would like to share this app, MULTIWINDOW Apps Manager, to easily enable or add more apps to the MULTIWINDOW TRAY.

Please READ the NOTES below for Important Info before installing this app so you will know what it does and it's limitations.

NOTE I: This app requires a ROOTED device. If you don't know what rooted is, then more likely your device is not rooted so please don't install if you are not sure if you have a rooted device.

NOTE II: This app only adds apps you select into the multiwindow app list and has nothing to do with how multiwindow function works. It seems that in EDIT mode, that is when you are adding apps from the edit list to the traybar, the wrong app is being added. This is because Samsung did not make the multiwindow edit list to support more than 32 apps at the same time. This is a shortcoming on the part of the samsung multiwindow code and has nothing to do with this app. So when you enable more than 32 apps and when in EDIT mode, please drag apps you want to include in the Multiwindow Tray from the START of the EDIT app list (in EDIT mode) and NOT from the BOTTOM so you will not have trouble picking the wrong app.

NOTE III: Just because you can add more apps in the Multiwindow traybar does not mean you have to add all your apps. Based on experience, not all apps are multiwindow-friendly like SHEALTH and some others, and adding too many apps causes the multiwindow traybar to lag or slow down so BE WARNED.

NOTE IV: If you have previously edited others.xml or features.xml, you may have introduced some errors to the xml file layout which would prevent this app from properly functioning. Editing the said xml files manually is not advisable due to human error of breaking the xml structure by accident. If this app does not work after previously manually editing the said xml files, then I suggest you restore the original unedited xml files.

DOWNLOAD from PLAY STORE or at the bottom of this post.

1. Make sure your device is ROOTED.
    2. Make a Nandroid Backup or all backups that you can think of.
    3. Install the app, Run and grant root/superuser/supersu access.
    4. Select your apps and reboot.
    5. Enjoy.

attachment.php

THANKS to @soloilmeglio and @and2 for testing.
    I would donate for a 5.0 version ;)

The only app that works on Lollipop at the moment - LINK
    thanks a lot mate! as always great work! I learned a lot looking into your code :)

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk