FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OS4.3] Wifi Fix | Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC features | Build prop

31,909 posts
Thanks Meter: 64,473

By dr.ketan, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2013, 06:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2013, 02:12 PM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

If you don't care about warranty, this thread is not for you. You can simply install 4.3 with PC Odin.

Thank you for responding. The only reason I don't care about warranty is that my phone is more than-year-old and where I am, there's no real warranty.

Can you give me a link to a thread where I might get some additional help?

I have the following questions:

1. Where do I find and how I know for sure that I'm using the right 4.3 upgrade?

2. Is there a thread with a step by step process to follow

3. Since I am already rooted, do I need to unroot first? (I have not found any info on how to move up to 4.3 if you already have root.)

4. To move up to 4.3, will I have to wipe and reload everything?

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyconverter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luckyconverter Ad-Free

29th December 2013, 12:44 AM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I flashed wifi fix with pc odin and now I cant get wifi to connect at all. Ive tried devil kernal which used to work now it wont connect either . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
29th December 2013, 04:40 AM |#293  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyconverter

Thank you for responding. The only reason I don't care about warranty is that my phone is more than-year-old and where I am, there's no real warranty.

Can you give me a link to a thread where I might get some additional help?

I have the following questions:

1. Where do I find and how I know for sure that I'm using the right 4.3 upgrade?

2. Is there a thread with a step by step process to follow

3. Since I am already rooted, do I need to unroot first? (I have not found any info on how to move up to 4.3 if you already have root.)

4. To move up to 4.3, will I have to wipe and reload everything?

Thanks again.

Bro..

If u r already rooted just

- Flash any custom ROM available in xda. Do a clean wipe. . If u r on philz recovery, choose the clean to instal new ROM. U may encounter wifi or network issue after reboot. Then the r fixes available. Just Flash the patch if u hv those issues

- u cn also odin stock ROM available from sammobile. You will lose root but u can reroot after odin completed.
Upgrading to 4.3 this way will ensure u with new kernel, modem n bootloader. N knox warranty permanently void. BUT save u frm those bugging issues of no wifi n no network.

My 5cents opinion

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
29th December 2013, 04:45 PM |#294  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamran

Bro..

If u r already rooted just

- Flash any custom ROM available in xda. Do a clean wipe. . If u r on philz recovery, choose the clean to instal new ROM. U may encounter wifi or network issue after reboot. Then the r fixes available. Just Flash the patch if u hv those issues

- u cn also odin stock ROM available from sammobile. You will lose root but u can reroot after odin completed.
Upgrading to 4.3 this way will ensure u with new kernel, modem n bootloader. N knox warranty permanently void. BUT save u frm those bugging issues of no wifi n no network.

My 5cents opinion

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks

1. Will I have to wipe everything and reload if I use your second option of flashing the stock rom via odin PC from sammobile?

2. Which ROM from sammobile should I flash. There are lots of ROMs from many countries that are 4.3, but don't want to end up with something in another language I can't understand.

3. Is there a clear tutorial on how to root v 4.3? Just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before doing this.

If you could please respond specifically to each point, I'd be grateful.
30th December 2013, 06:12 AM |#295  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooted and deknox but still having root access problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

[Tool] Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC & Build.prop Fs | EFS | Wifi FIX on Old bootloader

I am rewriting this thread to make available common tool at one place. Though this tool is available since long but newbies unable to find it.
Here is description How this tool can be useful on latest 4.3 ROM

Features

• Root & Busybox
  • DeKnox
  • Recovery Flasher
  • Backup & mass bloatware remover
  • Restore
  • Odex Remover
  • Customize bloat remover
  • Customize CSC Features
  • Tweaks
  • LockScreen security bypass
  • Push System Apks
  • GPS Fixer

How to use This Tool
  • Download Philz recovery (avoid latest v) from here and flash using Odin with PDA tab. Newbie can refer this image
  • Download DrKetan Multitool adv V6 and copy to SD card
  • Reboot to recovery (Home + Power + Vol up)
  • Select Install zip from SD card and navigate to Multitool file you have copied as said above and flash
This will start Aroma and now follow wizard. Remember you have to select option which you needs, you can skip any option which you don't like.

For detail description of features refer this Thread post #1 & #3

After Root with this tool if you get FC SuperSU / Binary update fail, for that just update it from play store and it should work fine.

WIFI FIx moved to post #2

I'm using XXUEML3 and apply your tools to root and deknox but I have root access problem with Titanium Backup. Do you have any idea to fix this problem?
30th December 2013, 10:29 AM |#296  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini_Viet

I'm using XXUEML3 and apply your tools to root and deknox but I have root access problem with Titanium Backup. Do you have any idea to fix this problem?

have you update your superuser in playstore? if so, do remember update binary as well
30th December 2013, 11:45 AM |#297  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Sorry to ask again drketan, but what does the wifi fix actually do?
And what issues other than wifi, could using an old 4.1.2 bootloader with 4.3 rom cause?

I'm having some issues that I have never had before, but do not know if they are related to the bootloader or simply the 4.3 rom itself. These are: root sporadically lost on reboot have to reflash root via recovery, random force closes of different apps some system some user (cache and dalvik cleared), randomly not beeing able to enable nfc and share via DLNA toggling wifi onoff seems to solve this.

Happy new year everyone

John

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
30th December 2013, 01:59 PM |#298  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrieltan

have you update your superuser in playstore? if so, do remember update binary as well

Yes I do pay attentiond to the red line. I followed the construction carefully. But I still got root access problem with TB
30th December 2013, 10:11 PM |#299  
Flag galway, IE

More
apologies for the question, but if I'll just root my Note 2 will be able to uninstall the bloatware from the stock rom without having to flash another custom one? Thank you.

LE: just follow the steps on post one, only rooted the phone but at the rebot my IMEI is null........I'm screwed....any help? the recovery was pushed propely, I had no error messages.....what to do now? thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by petronelduca

apologies for the question, but if I'll just root my Note 2 will be able to uninstall the bloatware from the stock rom without having to flash another custom one? Thank you.

LE: just follow the steps on post one, only rooted the phone but at the rebot my IMEI is null........I'm screwed....any help? the recovery was pushed propely, I had no error messages.....what to do now? thank you.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I need to go to work in a few hours and I have no phone to replace with in the house. Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Something is weird here......
With THE TOOL, I've pushed back the stock recovery and then flashed the stock rom with ODIN and my IMEI is up and running......and I've followed all the steps to root my phone....dunno how it all went to lose my IMEI on root.....
31st December 2013, 01:57 AM |#300  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
wifi fix worked perfectly. THank you. i was freaking out when wifi couldn't be turned on.
31st December 2013, 11:30 AM |#301  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 20

Donate to Me
More
Hi all, I need a confirmation:
before installing Sotck MK9 i forgot TriangleAway.

Now I have:
1 - Stock MK9
2 - Binary Download 1 (I had a prerooted ROM)
3 - Knox 0 and status Official

I think there is not a way to reset the counter since TriangleAway need root and root toggle knox to 0x1.
Am I right?

Thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)