[OS4.3] Wifi Fix | Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC features | Build prop

Search This thread

mamran

Oct 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Sir,
I flashed the latest 4.3 for my N7100 for UAE. N7100XXUEMKA_N7100OJVEMK3_LYS ...(every thing was OK)
Then as per the steps in the OP I flashed philz_touch_5.15.0-n7100.tar.md5 ...(every thing was OK)
Now I started the AROMA and only changed ROOT, Busy Box & made all check marks in Backup EFS, ... and finally made all check marks in Restore Utility EFS, ....

Now after restart I get a pop up saying "Unfortunately, S Suggest has stopped" that keeps popping back even preventing me from passing the lock screen.
kinda like this guy: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549756

Any suggestions?
can I re-flash stock 4.3 via ODIN again?

Thanks a lot

If u r backing up EFS... U cnt also check restore EFS...
During ROM flashing...leave the restore EFS...
My 2cents opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

M.Barakat

Oct 8, 2012
If u r backing up EFS... U cnt also check restore EFS...
During ROM flashing...leave the restore EFS...
My 2cents opinion.

Thanks, but do you think that is the reason ?
any how I reran AROMA without any backup or restore checked I also deknoxed, but same popup is blocking my whole life.
I cant answer incoming calls:(

mamran

Oct 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks, but do you think that is the reason ?
any how I reran AROMA without any backup or restore checked I also deknoxed, but same popup is blocking my whole life.
I cant answer incoming calls:(

There maybe 2 issues u r facing :

1. You didnt flash the ROM correctly.
The aroma is sort of multitool..u cn use for flashing ROM, backing up EFS n nandroid...etc...restoring EFS n nandroid n etc..BUT when u tick backup then u cnt tick restore at the same time..... When flashing new ROM just backup will do. .

2. Depending on where u come from 4.1.2 or 4.3 or old bootloader or new bootloader, u may experience either
- no wifi, or
- no network

There r fixes n patches provided n they either fix yr modem, kernel or bootloader..

As for me. I dun really bother about knox warranty.. so i install official 4.3 n root it n Flash custom recovery n lastly Flash custom ROM.
That way i m 100% sure i will hv the modem or kernel or bootloader for 4.3 n will nt have wifi or network issues.

My 5 cts opinion

MU24R

Dec 16, 2011
Far away
www.zona53.net
I have a question if i udate to stock then i root it and flash custom ROM and then i want to install stock ROM again can i do it whitout any problem?

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Note II usando Tapatalk 2

pani690

Dec 31, 2011
Kiato
I've searched the whole thread but can't find any info. I want to remove the wifi fix to flash the MJ5 BL. How can I do that or isn't it required?

Thanks

Mar 23, 2013
I'm confused about a few things.

I have a GT-N7100 that has root that I did via PC Odin desktop. It is using 4.1.2. I would like to go to 4.3.

I don't care about warranty. I'm in Central America and I believe the phone originally came from the United States, but I'm not sure.

I would be happy to purchase Odin Mobile Pro if that would be helpful to me.

Most of all, I'm hoping that I don't have to wipe my phone and reload everything. But I do have Titanium Pro with a complete back up on my external card as well as saved in dropbox.

I also have the latest paid Triangle Away - and the latest SuperSU.

Can someone point me to a simple way to do this?

Thanks

Last edited:

TITAN-23

Oct 8, 2008
Bootloader is damaged on my N7100.

I tried dr.ketan's WIFI fix with an old bootloader and I could not get wifi to work so I had to upgrade the bootloader so I can use 4.3.

I flashed the MJ5 Bootloader and I got an error message and my phone was bricked (only download mode working).

I then reflashed the MJ5 Bootloader and Odin said it was successful.

Now the when I turn the phone on it randomly does one of 4 things: recovery, download mode, freeze or boot as normal.

Any help would be great, thanks.

P.S.
When my phone boots I can use it normally.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2013
If you don't care about warranty, this thread is not for you. You can simply install 4.3 with PC Odin.

Thank you for responding. The only reason I don't care about warranty is that my phone is more than-year-old and where I am, there's no real warranty.

Can you give me a link to a thread where I might get some additional help?

I have the following questions:

1. Where do I find and how I know for sure that I'm using the right 4.3 upgrade?

2. Is there a thread with a step by step process to follow

3. Since I am already rooted, do I need to unroot first? (I have not found any info on how to move up to 4.3 if you already have root.)

4. To move up to 4.3, will I have to wipe and reload everything?

Thanks again.

Reactions: mdmtbg

xmv540

Nov 18, 2012
I flashed wifi fix with pc odin and now I cant get wifi to connect at all. Ive tried devil kernal which used to work now it wont connect either . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

mamran

Oct 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you for responding. The only reason I don't care about warranty is that my phone is more than-year-old and where I am, there's no real warranty.

Can you give me a link to a thread where I might get some additional help?

I have the following questions:

1. Where do I find and how I know for sure that I'm using the right 4.3 upgrade?

2. Is there a thread with a step by step process to follow

3. Since I am already rooted, do I need to unroot first? (I have not found any info on how to move up to 4.3 if you already have root.)

4. To move up to 4.3, will I have to wipe and reload everything?

Thanks again.

Bro..

If u r already rooted just

- Flash any custom ROM available in xda. Do a clean wipe. . If u r on philz recovery, choose the clean to instal new ROM. U may encounter wifi or network issue after reboot. Then the r fixes available. Just Flash the patch if u hv those issues

- u cn also odin stock ROM available from sammobile. You will lose root but u can reroot after odin completed.
Upgrading to 4.3 this way will ensure u with new kernel, modem n bootloader. N knox warranty permanently void. BUT save u frm those bugging issues of no wifi n no network.

My 5cents opinion

Mar 23, 2013
Bro..

If u r already rooted just

- Flash any custom ROM available in xda. Do a clean wipe. . If u r on philz recovery, choose the clean to instal new ROM. U may encounter wifi or network issue after reboot. Then the r fixes available. Just Flash the patch if u hv those issues

- u cn also odin stock ROM available from sammobile. You will lose root but u can reroot after odin completed.
Upgrading to 4.3 this way will ensure u with new kernel, modem n bootloader. N knox warranty permanently void. BUT save u frm those bugging issues of no wifi n no network.

My 5cents opinion

Thanks

1. Will I have to wipe everything and reload if I use your second option of flashing the stock rom via odin PC from sammobile?

2. Which ROM from sammobile should I flash. There are lots of ROMs from many countries that are 4.3, but don't want to end up with something in another language I can't understand.

3. Is there a clear tutorial on how to root v 4.3? Just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before doing this.

If you could please respond specifically to each point, I'd be grateful.

Gemini_Viet

Mar 17, 2009
Hanoi
Rooted and deknox but still having root access problem.

[Tool] Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC & Build.prop Fs | EFS | Wifi FIX on Old bootloader

I am rewriting this thread to make available common tool at one place. Though this tool is available since long but newbies unable to find it.
Here is description How this tool can be useful on latest 4.3 ROM

Features

• Root & Busybox
  • DeKnox
  • Recovery Flasher
  • Backup & mass bloatware remover
  • Restore
  • Odex Remover
  • Customize bloat remover
  • Customize CSC Features
  • Tweaks
  • LockScreen security bypass
  • Push System Apks
  • GPS Fixer

How to use This Tool

• Download Philz recovery (avoid latest v) from here and flash using Odin with PDA tab. Newbie can refer this image
  • Download DrKetan Multitool adv V6 and copy to SD card
  • Reboot to recovery (Home + Power + Vol up)
  • Select Install zip from SD card and navigate to Multitool file you have copied as said above and flash
This will start Aroma and now follow wizard. Remember you have to select option which you needs, you can skip any option which you don't like.

For detail description of features refer this Thread post #1 & #3

After Root with this tool if you get FC SuperSU / Binary update fail, for that just update it from play store and it should work fine.

WIFI FIx moved to post #2

I'm using XXUEML3 and apply your tools to root and deknox but I have root access problem with Titanium Backup. Do you have any idea to fix this problem?

doclorenzo

Sep 7, 2007
Sorry to ask again drketan, but what does the wifi fix actually do?
And what issues other than wifi, could using an old 4.1.2 bootloader with 4.3 rom cause?

I'm having some issues that I have never had before, but do not know if they are related to the bootloader or simply the 4.3 rom itself. These are: root sporadically lost on reboot have to reflash root via recovery, random force closes of different apps some system some user (cache and dalvik cleared), randomly not beeing able to enable nfc and share via DLNA toggling wifi onoff seems to solve this.

Happy new year everyone

John

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

petronelduca

Apr 14, 2011
galway, IE
apologies for the question, but if I'll just root my Note 2 will be able to uninstall the bloatware from the stock rom without having to flash another custom one? Thank you.

LE: just follow the steps on post one, only rooted the phone but at the rebot my IMEI is null........I'm screwed....any help? the recovery was pushed propely, I had no error messages.....what to do now? thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

apologies for the question, but if I'll just root my Note 2 will be able to uninstall the bloatware from the stock rom without having to flash another custom one? Thank you.

LE: just follow the steps on post one, only rooted the phone but at the rebot my IMEI is null........I'm screwed....any help? the recovery was pushed propely, I had no error messages.....what to do now? thank you.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I need to go to work in a few hours and I have no phone to replace with in the house. Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Something is weird here......
With THE TOOL, I've pushed back the stock recovery and then flashed the stock rom with ODIN and my IMEI is up and running......and I've followed all the steps to root my phone....dunno how it all went to lose my IMEI on root.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tool] Root | DeKnox | Debloat | CSC & Build.prop Fs | EFS | Wifi FIX on Old bootloader

I am rewriting this thread to make available common tool at one place. Though this tool is available since long but newbies unable to find it.
    Here is description How this tool can be useful on latest 4.3 ROM

Features

• Root & Busybox
    • DeKnox
    • Recovery Flasher
    • Backup & mass bloatware remover
    • Restore
    • Odex Remover
    • Customize bloat remover
    • Customize CSC Features
    • Tweaks
    • LockScreen security bypass
    • Push System Apks
    • GPS Fixer

How to use This Tool

• Download Philz recovery (avoid latest v) from here and flash using Odin with PDA tab. Newbie can refer this image
    • Download DrKetan Multitool adv V6 and copy to SD card
    • Reboot to recovery (Home + Power + Vol up)
    • Select Install zip from SD card and navigate to Multitool file you have copied as said above and flash
    This will start Aroma and now follow wizard. Remember you have to select option which you needs, you can skip any option which you don't like.

For detail description of features refer this Thread post #1 & #3

After Root with this tool if you get FC SuperSU / Binary update fail, for that just update it from play store and it should work fine.

WIFI FIx moved to post #2

Video guide by @savadam (Big thanks)
    For N7100
    As all of you are knowing latest 4.3 built have new bootloader and samsung have implemented knox security.

Also note that latest leaked 4.3 (MK4) having new bootloader and it may not be downgrade.
    I will update this post later for details.
    If you want to use latest ROM without bootloader, you may need to use wifi patch.

Download wifi patch , extract and flash with Odin for PDA tab.

I already have mention this on one of my thread but making this separate so any bootloader related stuff can be posted at single place

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SPH-900 spring mode

Read This
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR t889
    Read This

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR t889v
    Read This
    SPH N900 Forum senior member @lorjay589 have contacted for wifi patch for their device and provided source. based on that here I have made wifi patch attaching here,

Here is patch, Flash with PDA tab of Odin.
    http://d-h.st/6qX

Edit : I have got confirmation from @lorjay589 it is working fine.
    @mattlowry

Here is wifi patch for t889
    Extract and Flash Wifi_patch_t889.tar.md5 with PC odin for PDA tab.
    So we can we now flash this Wi-Fi patch and flash your ROM or electron DN3.

Can I flash MK4 ROM with MJ5 bootloader and apply your patch

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    No need to flash bootloader, flash any ROM and if you have wifi issue, just flash fix

hi dr ketan, ive been following your thread and the ditto thread for information regarding on how to flash using heimdall on osx, but still no luck... ive been wanting to flash mj5 rom on my note 2, maybe you could help me... thanks in advance
    Check this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33074572