FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2013, 02:21 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noten093

You do that with Torque. It will automatically enable bluetooth and pair. Be sure to set the found OBD protocol to manual. You risk problems if Torque will search for protocol at boot when you are just starting your car.

See also my post here
29th December 2013, 02:42 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

You do that with Torque. It will automatically enable bluetooth and pair. Be sure to set the found OBD protocol to manual. You risk problems if Torque will search for protocol at boot when you are just starting your car.

My version of Torque isn't pairing. It says that I should go into Bluetooth settings and pair. I can't find any app on App Store that let's my do other than just enable the Bluetooth and view a list of connected devices.

What version of Torque are you running?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
29th December 2013, 02:46 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavas

My version of Torque isn't pairing. It says that I should go into Bluetooth settings and pair. I can't find any app on App Store that let's my do other than just enable the Bluetooth and view a list of connected devices.

What version of Torque are you running?

Latest pro version. Maybe I am mistaking. I set bluetooth to dual phone in the SCT. I had to push the safety button on the OBDLINK Mx to be able to pair. You can install a bluetooth manager to pair from within the SCT

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uetoothManager
29th December 2013, 04:53 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Latest pro version. Maybe I am mistaking. I set bluetooth to dual phone in the SCT. I had to push the safety button on the OBDLINK Mx to be able to pair. You can install a bluetooth manager to pair from within the SCT Bluetooth Manager

I am actually somewhat surprised you guys are using a Bluetooth vs USB ODB2 connector. The USB version tends to be cheaper and more responsive. Bluetooth was meant to be portable so it makes sense to use it with a phone or a tablet. But with a fixed head unit like the SCT, I am surprised you guys are still using Bluetooth.

The only caveat, I guess it is a little difficult finding one that uses the Prolific (PL203) or Silicon Labs (CL203x) drivers. Though the SCT does come with the FTDI USB to serial port drivers, it isn't loaded at boot like the Prolific and Silicon Lab modules and would requires manual changes to the start up routine to load it.
29th December 2013, 06:22 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Latest pro version. Maybe I am mistaking. I set bluetooth to dual phone in the SCT. I had to push the safety button on the OBDLINK Mx to be able to pair. You can install a bluetooth manager to pair from within the SCT

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uetoothManager

Thanks, works like a charm with Bluetooth Manager!

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

I am actually somewhat surprised you guys are using a Bluetooth vs USB ODB2 connector. The USB version tends to be cheaper and more responsive. Bluetooth was meant to be portable so it makes sense to use it with a phone or a tablet. But with a fixed head unit like the SCT, I am surprised you guys are still using Bluetooth.

The only caveat, I guess it is a little difficult finding one that uses the Prolific (PL203) or Silicon Labs (CL203x) drivers. Though the SCT does come with the FTDI USB to serial port drivers, it isn't loaded at boot like the Prolific and Silicon Lab modules and would requires manual changes to the start up routine to load it.

Mainly two reasons. Firstly, already got the Bluetooth ODB2 adapter bought for my previous car.
Secondly, having a usb cable from the ODB2 outlet to the sct wouldn't be that good looking, unless you pry open a lot of stuff in the car.

30th December 2013, 12:19 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well I did go to the volvo dealer and they contacted Volvo NL for futher information because the SCT doensn't reboot anymore.
I've just received a call that they will swap the unit. Because it can't be repaired.
Next week it will be swapped. Luckely for me
30th December 2013, 12:36 PM |#1007  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaymond

Well I did go to the volvo dealer and they contacted Volvo NL for futher information because the SCT doensn't reboot anymore.
I've just received a call that they will swap the unit. Because it can't be repaired.
Next week it will be swapped. Luckely for me

Good news then...
30th December 2013, 12:44 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

Good news then...

good news for VRaymond, but horrible news for all SCT users.
30th December 2013, 03:04 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray1

good news for VRaymond, but horrible news for all SCT users.

Correct but if you don't mess with system rw in combination with ES explorer than you're ok.
30th December 2013, 03:14 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
This could imply that there's no recovery on SCT? This is highly unusual
30th December 2013, 04:48 PM |#1011  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkekoe123

This could imply that there's no recovery on SCT? This is highly unusual

Or they don't want dealers to know. I guess that's the reason the let abd unattended. Probably the only way .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)