By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2013, 10:45 PM |#7681  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
NICE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom40

Know what you're talking about before opening your mouth.

Can you please tell me how your optimus 2x last more than 5 days?

which rom and baseband do you have and how can I optimize my 2x in order to have the same battery life as you have?

Thank you in advance!

greetings

PS: I've got the cm10.1 T05 build rom of tonyp and the latest, stable kowalski kernel (M1)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainer5

The battery life of my phone is great with this kernel. We could try to help you with your battery life, but we don't know anything about the way you use your phone. Maybe you just chose the worst setting in every case. If you could describe all your settings (clocks, governor, settings in kowalski etc) we could help you. But I think those stuff has been discussed way too often in this thread. So just skim trough these pages.

My battery life is this great:

Can you please tell me how your optimus 2x last more than 3 days?

which rom and baseband do you have and how can I optimize my 2x in order to have the same battery life as you have?

Thank you in advance!

greetings

PS: I've got the cm10.1 T05 build rom of tonyp and the latest, stable kowalski kernel (M1) and I use all the basic settings in kowalski manager except for dynamic fsync (on) and the first 3 options (on)... 1000 MHz clocked , governor is ondemand, sheduler CFQ
The Following User Says Thank You to mvd96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mvd96 Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 07:00 PM |#7682  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Sorry for the off topic.
But since I'm spoiler hungry, can any tester give some more hints of what to expect next in the 3.1 kernel.
In what ROMs can it give benefits, since there is some that the 2.6 kernel is the appropriate.
Thank you

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I.m.Tuga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift I.m.Tuga Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 07:21 PM |#7683  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,025

Donate to Me
More
Kernel Update (127 alpha 20)
Wow, this has been a looooong streak of updates and fixes guys.

Alpha 20 is in my dev-host folder (linked in my signature and in op) and will simply blow you away. This kernel supports ONLY bcmdhd for wifi and bluedroid for bluetooth, so will work on latest TheRom, CM11 and SlimRom 4.3 and 4.4. Don't expect it to work fully on any other rom. For now it's like this because I need to make sure the new things work fine (the old ones we know already). When all is up-to-date and inside the 3.1.10 kernel then I'll build a bluez / bcm4329 / oldbl version.

Ok, stop babbling, in for the news:

- A LOAD OF OPTIMISATIONS AND FIXES (too many to list here, check my github if you're curious)
- Sched PM is back
- Timer Slack is enabled by default
- OC/UV is back as you remember it on 2.6

Oh, one last thing: if you're on cm11, before flashing this kernel make sure to hit settings->performance->profiles and set the default profile to balanced... or you risk a nasty boot loop.

Have fun and let me know what you think
The Following 169 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2013, 07:28 PM |#7684  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Its really pointless to press Thanks button anymore for your work @pengus77. U really know how to make us happy. Gonna flash now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryukenden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryukenden Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 07:51 PM |#7685  
I agree...:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
30th December 2013, 07:57 PM |#7686  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.m.Tuga

Sorry for the off topic.
But since I'm spoiler hungry, can any tester give some more hints of what to expect next in the 3.1 kernel.
In what ROMs can it give benefits, since there is some that the 2.6 kernel is the appropriate.
Thank you

Damn, me and my big mouth....

30th December 2013, 08:27 PM |#7687  
Flag {^_*}
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvd96

Can you please tell me how your optimus 2x last more than 5 days?

Thank you in advance!

greetings

PS: I've got the cm10.1 T05 build rom of tonyp and the latest, stable kowalski kernel (M1)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Can you please tell me how your optimus 2x last more than 3 days?

Thank you in advance!

greetings

PS: I've got the cm10.1 T05 build rom of tonyp and the latest, stable kowalski kernel (M1) and I use all the basic settings in kowalski manager except for dynamic fsync (on) and the first 3 options (on)... 1000 MHz clocked , governor is ondemand, sheduler CFQ

hum easy buy a 4000mah battery and it will do the job.
i mean mine laste now 24h easy. but like some one sayed with bigger batery you gonna use it more...
but if im bussy and dont use it much. i can get 48h and have 10-20% left.
i get like 3-4h screen on always on 3g and it will last like 24h (or more like 16h the time of a normal day). amazining. and on 2g i cant get 5h and and same. 1-2days
The Following User Says Thank You to reggiexp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reggiexp Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 09:24 PM |#7688  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Nice
30th December 2013, 09:25 PM |#7689  
Flag Gaia/Porto
Thanks Meter: 635

More
hi
Magnificent work. I will donate
I'm in Cm11 Tony P, now with this camara Kernel works great, everything perfect. before the phone, sometimes need to click on the power 2 times to wake the phone, now just click once., is brutal. Pengus're a gentleman.
sorry my english
The Following User Says Thank You to pijas82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pijas82 Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 10:33 PM |#7690  
Flag Bruchsal
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Alpha 20 is in my dev-host folder

Help! I just installed the new alpha, and now my phone is so smooth and fast that it's almost falling out of my hands!
Please Fix!
And now seriously, I can't really say much because I only tried it for about 2 minutes, but it really feels way faster and smoother than I ever remember it being, so thanks for the amazing work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Beorn1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beorn1 Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 10:40 PM |#7691  
Flag Gaia/Porto
Thanks Meter: 635

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn1

Help! I just installed the new alpha, and now my phone is so smooth and fast that it's almost falling out of my hands!
Please Fix!
And now seriously, I can't really say much because I only tried it for about 2 minutes, but it really feels way faster and smoother than I ever remember it being, so thanks for the amazing work!

Hehehehe great work

The Following User Says Thank You to pijas82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pijas82 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)