FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2013, 04:48 PM |#1011  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkekoe123

This could imply that there's no recovery on SCT? This is highly unusual

Or they don't want dealers to know. I guess that's the reason the let abd unattended. Probably the only way .

30th December 2013, 05:27 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santu001

Or they don't want dealers to know. I guess that's the reason the let abd unattended. Probably the only way .

That's not correct you can reboot the system by using the cursorkeys in the middle dashboard. Type #reboot# en your SCT will reboot.
You can also acces the SCT by typing the password #ang....# ( the exact password I don't know) And then type #menu# to acces the prompt menu.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

I am actually somewhat surprised you guys are using a Bluetooth vs USB ODB2 connector. The USB version tends to be cheaper and more responsive. Bluetooth was meant to be portable so it makes sense to use it with a phone or a tablet. But with a fixed head unit like the SCT, I am surprised you guys are still using Bluetooth.

The only caveat, I guess it is a little difficult finding one that uses the Prolific (PL203) or Silicon Labs (CL203x) drivers. Though the SCT does come with the FTDI USB to serial port drivers, it isn't loaded at boot like the Prolific and Silicon Lab modules and would requires manual changes to the start up routine to load it.

Donaldta when My SCT is swapped, I'll open my SCT again.
The last time went wrong when I'll tried to copy files from ES explorer into my SCT. I'll lost my libsc.so file by accident. So I'll don't want to use ES explorer again

How do you install libvoicesearch.so correctly when using only à laptop.
Thanks for responding.
30th December 2013, 05:57 PM |#1013  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaymond

That's not correct you can reboot the system by using the cursorkeys in the middle dashboard. Type #reboot# en your SCT will reboot.
You can also acces the SCT by typing the password #ang....# ( the exact password I don't know) And then type #menu# to acces the prompt menu.

He is not talking about rebooting but using the boot recovery process to replace the system image that you botched by deleting libc.so file. Had the dealer's service technicians known how to access it then they could have reloaded the most current SCT.plf file, instead needing to swapping the hardware. (Although, I suspect someone higher up will want to triage the unit as to why it happened)

Quote:

Donaldta when My SCT is swapped, I'll open my SCT again.
The last time went wrong when I'll tried to copy files from ES explorer into my SCT. I'll lost my libsc.so file by accident. So I'll don't want to use ES explorer again

Honestly, I absolutely have no idea how you managed to make that mistake because I have a hard time intentionally doing it. But, I'm not here to judge.

Quote:

How do you install libvoicesearch.so correctly when using only à laptop.

Maybe use a USB Keyboard and use a terminal app instead? Anyways, if you use "adb shell" or a terminal app, here are the commands which presume that a copy of the file will be in root directory of the sdcard.
Code:
$ su
# remount.sh system-rw
# cp /mnt/sdcard/libvoicesearch.so /system/lib 
# chmod 644 /system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
If you want to use adb to copy the file to your sdcard, it would be "adb push {path/to/file/}libvoicesearch.so /mnt/sdcard"

Btw, I am (was) working on a new version of the cmd-frama-menu.zip which will actually run most of the commands in Linux, so it will have more error checking and less blind faith than the current menu.bat file. I'll be sure to add a some of the files mentioned in this thread, like libvoicesearch.so and com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk files. But, I'm kind of busy this past few holiday weeks and don't expect to have time to work on it and finish till some time in the new year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 06:20 PM |#1014  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Code:
$ su
# remount.sh system-rw
# copy /mnt/sdcard/libvoicesearch.so /system/lib 
# chmod 644 /system/lib/mnt/sdcard/libvoicesearch.so

In Android, is copy an alias for the unix cp command?
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RichieB Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 06:25 PM |#1015  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

In Android, is copy an alias for the unix cp command?

No, that is a sign that I had not fully woken up and been bouncing around too many operating systems and programming languages. Thanks!

(updated post, and found another mistake)
31st December 2013, 06:41 PM |#1016  

Donate to Me
More
Google Street View
Alright, as I sit in the eve of the New Year, I will bid you all farewell to the old and welcome in the new. To commemorate this event, I will leave you with a parting/welcoming gift. Attached is a copy of the Google Street View APK. While it does not provide an icon in the app drawer, it does enable 360° Street View within Google Nav (which is apart of the Google Maps version 6.14.4 that's compatible with Gingerbread).

Quote:

App Screenshots:

Attached Files
File Type: apk Street View_1.7.0.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (289.5 KB, 187 views)
File Type: apk Street View_1.8.1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (258.3 KB, 476 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
31st December 2013, 07:55 PM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Smile
Quote:

Alright, as I sit in the eve of the New Year, I will bid you all farewell to the old and welcome in the new. To commemorate this event, I will leave you with a parting/welcoming gift. Attached is a copy of the Google Street View APK. While it does not provide an icon in the app drawer, it does enable 360° Street View within Google Nav (which is apart of the Google Maps version 6.14.4 that's compatible with Gingerbread).

Great Donaldta. Whish you a great 2014!
31st December 2013, 08:00 PM |#1018  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Likewise Donald and thanks...
And to all who made this a special Volvo year where things became possible, and happy New year and hopefully many good things to come...
1st January 2014, 11:45 AM |#1019  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Thanks Donald!

I been trying to find the maps apk that are supposed to work with the SCT in this thread, but I can't find it. Maybe I'm not using the search function correctly.... Could someone post the apk of the version of Google maps that works?

Oh yeah, and a happy new year to everyone!
1st January 2014, 02:28 PM |#1020  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavas

I been trying to find the maps apk that are supposed to work with the SCT in this thread, but I can't find it. Maybe I'm not using the search function correctly.... Could someone post the apk of the version of Google maps that works?

If you type "6.14.4" in the "Search this thread" tool on the right, above the "MOST THANKED IN THIS THREAD" section of XDA then you can find the first post where I linked it from someone 's dropbox in Post# 349 then in Post 470. There are also some others whom linked to the files without using the text string replacement in the URL tags, so using "dropbox" to search for it will gather more results. For example, noten093 posted it in Post #485 and Zakraket posted his own copy of the same file in Post #496.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
3rd January 2014, 09:58 PM |#1021  
OP Senior Member

More
The automation of com.parrot.ActiveSources at bootup is not 100% reliable for me. If I leave everything alone, the ActiveSources app is shown with the SD card highlighted. My script then sends one time DOWN and OK. This works fine. However, if I am in a hurry and start TomTom before ActiveSources shows up, it starts without anything highlighted. It then needs two times DOWN and OK. My script only sends one DOWN and then start music from the SD card. So I took another look at this part of the SCT.

Quote:

I guess its ACU Home launcher is calling up the individual sources using Java instead of Android Intents.

It seems intents are used after all:
Code:
I/ActivityManager( 1393): Starting: Intent { act=com.parrot.mediaplayer cat=[android.intent.category.DEFAULT] flg=0x30020000 cmp=com.parrot.mediaplayer/.MediaPlayerActivity (has extras) } from pid 1719
W/WindowManager( 1393): lastAppName: HistoryRecord{409911a0 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity}
D/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): getView() source=sourcename=SCT, type=SD card(5), subType=IPOD_UNKNOWN(0), connexType=removable, connexState=true, dbState=ready, state=ready
I/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): SCT can browse MediaList
D/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): getView() source=sourcename=INTENSO, type=USB(4), subType=IPOD_UNKNOWN(0), connexType=removable, connexState=true, dbState=ready, state=active
I/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): INTENSO can browse MediaList
The tricky part however is getting the extras right. I am not sure if this can be done from a shell, but someone figured it out in Java. All I have to do now is learn how to compile java source code into an apk and I will make a dummy app that has the widgets from the custom Asteroid project.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

7. the statusbar flashes with "title per artist", what language is "per", French? Why use "per"?

Ok, got it. Inside the com.parrot.audioservice.apk the file res/values-nl/strings.xml contains the line:
Code:
<string name="DISP_TEXT_MEDIA_STATUS_NOTIF_PLAYING_SONG_2_ARGUMENTS">Afspelen %1$s per %2$s</string>
This is obviously a bad translation job. Now where do I report this bug? My Volvo dealer?

Maybe I will just correct it, and replace the apk on my system .. if I am really brave.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)