By pawitp, Recognized Developer on 14th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st January 2014, 05:00 PM |#1591  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guijarrelson

I have problems with integrate system app updates into the rom. I tried with TB and Link2SD apps.
If you have the same problems with CM11, or you have a solution, please check it.
Thanks!

Did you enable "Migrate system data" in TB?
It is essential setting to be able to restore at least app data across incompatible ROMs.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by darristan

4.4 is amazing! Thanks pawitp again for prolonging our device life!

Thanks to pawitp the device is already ready for the forthcomming years.

His CM9.1 was the first masterpiece and CM11 is even better.
IMHO all CM10.x work excellent, just the codes of the JB roms drain bit too fast slim i9000's battery.

And very few people seem to know the very last official Samsungs GB update: JW9 that works just amazing and reminds rather on ICS roms than 2.x. It is much better than smooth but still quite slow JW4.

If somebody wants to try or save JW9, here is I9000XWJW9_I9000OXAJW4_I9000XWJW1 download link, it has multi-CSC (open Europe) and it isn't branded or filled with crap like Portugal's edition
This stock ROM really flies if you flash SpeedMod kernel k17-3 on it: under advanced SpeedMod options in CMW recovery (SpeedMod features CWM 2.5.1.0 it has "root / install SU" option)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free

1st January 2014, 05:54 PM |#1592  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
How do i refresh my gallery? Have move some pictures to external sd and now I have a lot of black squares.

Thanks in advance!

Enviado do meu GT-I9000 através de Tapatalk
1st January 2014, 06:47 PM |#1593  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
a bit stuck
Can anybody give me an hint?

I upgraded to 11 and put gapps 4.4 but something went wrong. There is no launcher running. No FC's, everything seems there but the launcher is gone . Just a black screen. I tried to reinstall the nigtlies 29 and 30 from recovery and the update process get stuck. I try to download and install the 20140101 OTA, it finishes downloading the file but in the end it assumes there is no file and I need to start all over. Something went wrong and I'm unable to fix it, Any hints?
I'm stuck!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by format

I upgraded to 11 and put gapps 4.4 but something went wrong. There is no launcher running. No FC's, everything seems there but the launcher is gone . Just a black screen. I tried to reinstall the nigtlies 29 and 30 from recovery and the update process get stuck. I try to download and install the 20140101 OTA, it finishes downloading the file but in the end it assumes there is no file and I need to start all over. Something went wrong and I'm unable to fix it, Any hints?
I'm stuck!

I guess I used the wrong gapps file. ooops. Already downloaded the correct one, formated data, installed the correct gapps but still stuck. no launcher and apparently some more damages I can't solve. Shouldn't a factory reset solve the problem and revert the situation?

After several updates/formats/ etc. the launcher finally reappered. Uuuf!
1st January 2014, 08:34 PM |#1594  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by format

I'm stuck!

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I guess I used the wrong gapps file. ooops. Already downloaded the correct one, formated data, installed the correct gapps but still stuck. no launcher and apparently some more damages I can't solve. Shouldn't a factory reset solve the problem and revert the situation?

After several updates/formats/ etc. the launcher finally reappered. Uuuf!

If you can access to settings, get USB debugging and use ADB to install a launcher apk since there is no way to open a file manager as there's no app drawer.
2nd January 2014, 12:05 AM |#1595  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Hi, I never suffered the awakening lag in phone calls before but I am always connected in 2G. Today my connection was 3G and the phone lasted a few seconds before the screen turned on. I have not checked thoroughly but maybe there is a relation.

Other subject. Would it be possible that the status bar was smoother deploying down? It really ruins the very good feeling of great performance.

And last subject: the behaviour of the camera has changed. Now it will not focus on long press and take picture on release. Auto focus and picture are on taping, so sometimes in bad light conditions the picture is not properly focused.

Thank you
2nd January 2014, 01:39 AM |#1596  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 21,366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_xda

Other subject. Would it be possible that the status bar was smoother deploying down? It really ruins the very good feeling of great performance.

It's smooth for me. Maybe try having less apps/services running in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran_xda

And last subject: the behaviour of the camera has changed. Now it will not focus on long press and take picture on release. Auto focus and picture are on taping, so sometimes in bad light conditions the picture is not properly focused.

Thank you

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/56712
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2014, 02:21 AM |#1597  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

It's smooth for me. Maybe try having less apps/services running in the background.

The thing is that I only have WhatsApp in background (I have tried disabling but same result) and every other UI animation is perfect. The status bar animation has never been very good but in CM11 is worse than usual.
2nd January 2014, 03:27 AM |#1598  
Flag Spain
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Did you enable "Migrate system data" in TB?
It is essential setting to be able to restore at least app data across incompatible ROMs.[COLOR="Silver"]

Yeah, I tested it with that option marked, and the result is the same. Google Play Services freezes the process and I must to restore the backup from recovery to fix the errors migrating the apps.
2nd January 2014, 04:03 AM |#1599  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

I have made some experiments and looks like enabling bluetooth causes the issue!
The Following User Says Thank You to fran_xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fran_xda Ad-Free
2nd January 2014, 04:43 AM |#1600  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 21,366

More
Need more RAM?
Need more RAM?

Using CMA, memory usually reserved for hardware (camera, video encoding/decoding, jpeg encoding) can be freed for use by applications when they are not in-use. All features, including 720p recording, high-rate video decoding, etc. will still work as before.

This is a WIP. No ETA. There are still a lot of problems with it and it might not be released at all if I don't have time to fix all the issues. Please don't ask to test either, if I need testers, I'd post it in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-02-092304.png
Views:	2311
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	2488721  
The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd January 2014, 11:12 AM |#1601  
Thanks Meter: 442

More
That would be very useful for me considering my camera doesn't work anyway..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)