GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

Search This thread

fallouttk

Dec 3, 2013
I havet tried aokp or omni yet, but i think aokp or omni are probably the best

Mokee is getting better, as most features havent been ported yet

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Cody cm11, the best, try all roms. Aokp, omni 4.4 have some issue with rotation and fell a bit not as smooth as cody.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

In my experience with all roms i have tried:
- cm9, quite ok, user reserved ram only nearly 700mb, wifi weak, no oc supprted.
- stock (no debloated, including 412 and 422) lag like hell.
- stock debloated 4.1.2, smooth, oc supported (agni kernel), but i have issue with watching video online, sometime it stop
- omni, aosp, quite good with lots of customization but sometime feel laggy.
- cm 10.2, good
- cody 11, my choice, smooth, most updated, no bugs find so far.

Snickzophrenia

Dec 31, 2013
@mitchellreece how do you turn on the 3g/mobile data something in Pure Bean HD V2 .. i cant fix it... by the way im using p3100 with sim slot.

and by the way blacklist in message setting/dark theme not working

Last edited:

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
@mitchellreece how do you turn on the 3g/mobile data something in Pure Bean HD V2 .. i cant fix it... by the way im using p3100 with sim slot.

and by the way blacklist in message setting/dark theme not working

I dont think there is a problem with mobile data. Just enable sa!e way as always in settings/mobile data. Though there could be a problem with it as nobody tests it :) (p3100 tester needed) i testwd the p3100 rom but obviosly data i couldn't as i have a p3110

Dark theme hasnt been integrated in v1 its feature of v2 with hasnt been built yet.

The reason is im waiting for a new mouse for my pc off ebay as my current one droped and broke. And with holidays it hasnt arrived yet.

But dont worry hopefully it will arive and i can make ir :)

Regards Mitch

darkcyko

Jan 18, 2013
Muntinlupa
Noob about Tab 2 10.1

Good day. I have a GT-P5100 with 4.0.4 version. I would like to ask what is compatible for my device as such that I don't want to have my device be bricked. Thanks for those who are willing to help. :)

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
Good day. I have a GT-P5100 with 4.0.4 version. I would like to ask what is compatible for my device as such that I don't want to have my device be bricked. Thanks for those who are willing to help. :)

You will first have to install cwm, then you can flash wich ever rom for the p5100 than you like.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Farewell!

With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying. :)

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!

Last edited:

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying. :)

Glad i gave some usefull help. :) good luck with new tab :)

Ive also seen that little beasty( 4 cores, 1gb ram...), thinking of getting one my self, price is very amicable. Whats the xda support like?

Sent from my MT11i

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Glad i gave some usefull help. :) good luck with new tab :)

Ive also seen that little beasty( 4 cores, 1gb ram...), thinking of getting one my self, price is very amicable. Whats the xda support like?
Thanks, I am just about to root it... :)

XDA support is absolutely nothing compared to the Tab 2, but it's enough for me, to be honest. I am not a fan of CM/AOSP ROMs, so the lack of those is not a problem for me. As long as I can root it and install a custom recovery (which I can), I should be good for now. There seems to be only one stock-based tweaked ROM available for this tablet (at least, that's what I found so far). We'll see... One thing to note is that the Asus Android customizations (WaveShare) are very light, comparing to TW, Sense, etc. So, it's almost a clean JB 4.2.2, with just some pretty useful nice touches.

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours by now, and I am VERY impressed with the screen quality, and with the device overall. The speed and smoothness on a stock ROM is good. I don't want to hijack this thread -- there are plenty of detailed reviews online. In my mind, considering all pros and cons, it sure is an upgrade from the Tab 2. The price was the major deciding factor -- once I saw a brand new sealed box on Craigslist in my area for just $100 (!), it was a no-brainer. :)

Reactions: DarkStryder

DarkStryder

Dec 16, 2012
Antequera
Thanks, I am just about to root it... :)

XDA support is absolutely nothing compared to the Tab 2, but it's enough for me, to be honest. I am not a fan of CM/AOSP ROMs, so the lack of those is not a problem for me. As long as I can root it and install a custom recovery (which I can), I should be good for now. There seems to be only one stock-based tweaked ROM available for this tablet (at least, that's what I found so far). We'll see... One thing to note is that the Asus Android customizations (WaveShare) are very light, comparing to TW, Sense, etc. So, it's almost a clean JB 4.2.2, with just some pretty useful nice touches.

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours by now, and I am VERY impressed with the screen quality, and with the device overall. The speed and smoothness on a stock ROM is good. I don't want to hijack this thread -- there are plenty of detailed reviews online. In my mind, considering all pros and cons, it sure is an upgrade from the Tab 2. The price was the major deciding factor -- once I saw a brand new sealed box on Craigslist in my area for just $100 (!), it was a no-brainer. :)

Yep that awesome, ive seen reviews they said stock was a bit bloated, nothing that cant be solved, maybe ill buy one! Price is good! And on a 4 core tab unless u actually like aosp u dont need it, i use aosp(my rom) on mine because tw is very laggy and heavy, something that cant be solved on our tab.

Well good, happy asusing Lol

Regards Mitch

Sent from my MT11i

Reactions: kt-Froggy

darkcyko

Jan 18, 2013
Muntinlupa
You will first have to install cwm, then you can flash wich ever rom for the p5100 than you like.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of flashing my p5100 with stock rom from the manufacturer but i don't know which firmware to use.
And I would kindly like to request the link for the CWM that you are recommending sir mitchellreece. Thanks and have a good day.

Last edited:

vipul.rk24

Sep 24, 2012
Mumbai
Hey Guys.......Hows Battery Backup In Cyanogenmod 10.2:confused:
Haven't tried yet because my Usb cord is not working properly..........so can't flash until and unless i get a new USB.
:(

Skazzy3

Jan 9, 2012

Goodbye! I wanna get the memopad too. But I can't. I'll miss seeing your username here. Good luck down the road,

Reactions: kt-Froggy

dharisd2

Sep 8, 2013
kies

hey guys /i have the p5100 still with 4.0.3 not rooted or done any thing unofficial.when i connect it to my computer it says there is an upgrade availabe.but th e problem is i have never used kies i always use odin for my other samsung phone.and i dont want mess up with this tablet doing such stuff.
THE problem is my internet connection disconnects sometimes.does kies download the firmware and flash or it al simulatiosly .i see in some vidoes it when i you select agrree it will got download mode automaticallybefore downloading .so what will happen happen if internet gets diconnects when its downloading the firmware

mtmello

Feb 24, 2010
DPI

Which default stock rom dpi for tab 2 7"?

I saw it is 240 but I think it is so high! Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:

Mustajab Is'haq

Aug 27, 2013
Hey guys my dad has a Tab 2 7" which is completely stock.

I want to make it a little like Nexus tabs, any suggestions?

vipul.rk24

Sep 24, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys my dad has a Tab 2 7" which is completely stock.

I want to make it a little like Nexus tabs, any suggestions?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541225
Try This. :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Hey Guys.....M facing problem in installing Cm11 Official
whenever i try installing it via cwm it says "installation abborted":(

And even my tab gets stucked at bootloop :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Farewell!

@tetakpatak or donation for something good if a.dev don't accept donations (some people don't have anything to eat in this world for example). uploadfromtaptalk1429693554080.pnguploadfromtaptalk1429693566169.jpg

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    In the recovery there would be backup and restore.
    So go to there and press backup.
    U need to have atleast 2.5 GB of space.
    This is important as sometimes if u mess some things up and your tablet wont boot into your rom then this backup will come into help as u can always go into Recovery no matter what. :)
    Hi! I have a TAB 2 P3110 running cm10.1 and i want to know if its possible to install xposed framework. I want to run minminguard module.
    Thanks!
    :good:

If u have a cm10.1 , you must be having a custom recovery too.
    And so you can install xposed well and good.
    Get xposed installer from play store, install it and reboot.
    And then download modules from inside xposed installer app.
    If your phone doesnt boots up, then flash the zip xposed disabler from your sdcard.
    The zip will be made once u click on install xposed.
    Hope this helps.

Sent Via XDA App On My Awesome P3100..!
    Hi there, so im a high leveled Noob, i got a samsung Gtab2 10.1, after long use, i finally in a way i also cant

really explain able to Root and change the ROM to custom: Dhollmen ROM if im not wrong, well the thing is, all

is visible from the thread, i mean the way to do this and that. but how can i actually change it to this ROM

(xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704517) ?? i try reading, well it promised better performance

and battery so i thought just give it a go. and along away got brain busted, so many words but there's no

download link for P5100. Honestly i had try reading before asking question, but my net here sooo bad u can

leave it loading take shower and make soup, come back and its still struggling.

so i give up when i reach page 8. ummm if its possible, can i also get a recommended snappy, stable with high

battery kinda ROM ? any help really2x appreciated.

Go with slimkats! The rom is really slick!
    Use the latest builds as always :)