FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

2,793 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
By DarkStryder, Senior Member on 11th November 2013, 05:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2013, 02:05 PM |#101  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellreece

I havet tried aokp or omni yet, but i think aokp or omni are probably the best

Mokee is getting better, as most features havent been ported yet

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Cody cm11, the best, try all roms. Aokp, omni 4.4 have some issue with rotation and fell a bit not as smooth as cody.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

In my experience with all roms i have tried:
- cm9, quite ok, user reserved ram only nearly 700mb, wifi weak, no oc supprted.
- stock (no debloated, including 412 and 422) lag like hell.
- stock debloated 4.1.2, smooth, oc supported (agni kernel), but i have issue with watching video online, sometime it stop
- omni, aosp, quite good with lots of customization but sometime feel laggy.
- cm 10.2, good
- cody 11, my choice, smooth, most updated, no bugs find so far.
31st December 2013, 08:59 AM |#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@mitchellreece how do you turn on the 3g/mobile data something in Pure Bean HD V2 .. i cant fix it... by the way im using p3100 with sim slot.

and by the way blacklist in message setting/dark theme not working
31st December 2013, 01:13 PM |#103  
DarkStryder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Antequera
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickzophrenia

@mitchellreece how do you turn on the 3g/mobile data something in Pure Bean HD V2 .. i cant fix it... by the way im using p3100 with sim slot.

and by the way blacklist in message setting/dark theme not working

I dont think there is a problem with mobile data. Just enable sa!e way as always in settings/mobile data. Though there could be a problem with it as nobody tests it (p3100 tester needed) i testwd the p3100 rom but obviosly data i couldn't as i have a p3110

Dark theme hasnt been integrated in v1 its feature of v2 with hasnt been built yet.

The reason is im waiting for a new mouse for my pc off ebay as my current one droped and broke. And with holidays it hasnt arrived yet.

But dont worry hopefully it will arive and i can make ir

Regards Mitch

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
2nd January 2014, 07:24 AM |#104  
Junior Member
Flag Muntinlupa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Noob about Tab 2 10.1
Good day. I have a GT-P5100 with 4.0.4 version. I would like to ask what is compatible for my device as such that I don't want to have my device be bricked. Thanks for those who are willing to help.
2nd January 2014, 02:32 PM |#105  
DarkStryder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Antequera
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcyko

Good day. I have a GT-P5100 with 4.0.4 version. I would like to ask what is compatible for my device as such that I don't want to have my device be bricked. Thanks for those who are willing to help.

You will first have to install cwm, then you can flash wich ever rom for the p5100 than you like.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
2nd January 2014, 11:50 PM |#106  
Senior Member
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 703
 
More
Farewell!
With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying.

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kt-Froggy Ad-Free
3rd January 2014, 12:06 AM |#107  
DarkStryder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Antequera
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

With a bit of regret, I have to bid farewell to my Tab 2, and with it, to this great community... After buying the Asus Memo Pad HD 7, I am putting my Tab 2 up for sale on Craigslist.

I had a great time with this little tablet! Just wanted to say big THANK YOU to all the people who helped me along the way. Special thanks to @ketut.kumajaya and @Tsjoklat for their wonderful work on kernels and ROMs, to @Luigi2012SM64DS and @mitchellreece for a lot of useful info. Of course, not to forget folks like @Chainfire and @Phil3759, but that goes even without saying.

Happy New Year to all of you, and all the best wishes!

Glad i gave some usefull help. good luck with new tab

Ive also seen that little beasty( 4 cores, 1gb ram...), thinking of getting one my self, price is very amicable. Whats the xda support like?

Sent from my MT11i
3rd January 2014, 12:57 AM |#108  
Senior Member
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 703
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellreece

Glad i gave some usefull help. good luck with new tab

Ive also seen that little beasty( 4 cores, 1gb ram...), thinking of getting one my self, price is very amicable. Whats the xda support like?

Thanks, I am just about to root it...

XDA support is absolutely nothing compared to the Tab 2, but it's enough for me, to be honest. I am not a fan of CM/AOSP ROMs, so the lack of those is not a problem for me. As long as I can root it and install a custom recovery (which I can), I should be good for now. There seems to be only one stock-based tweaked ROM available for this tablet (at least, that's what I found so far). We'll see... One thing to note is that the Asus Android customizations (WaveShare) are very light, comparing to TW, Sense, etc. So, it's almost a clean JB 4.2.2, with just some pretty useful nice touches.

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours by now, and I am VERY impressed with the screen quality, and with the device overall. The speed and smoothness on a stock ROM is good. I don't want to hijack this thread -- there are plenty of detailed reviews online. In my mind, considering all pros and cons, it sure is an upgrade from the Tab 2. The price was the major deciding factor -- once I saw a brand new sealed box on Craigslist in my area for just $100 (!), it was a no-brainer.
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kt-Froggy Ad-Free
3rd January 2014, 01:22 AM |#109  
DarkStryder's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Antequera
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy

Thanks, I am just about to root it...

XDA support is absolutely nothing compared to the Tab 2, but it's enough for me, to be honest. I am not a fan of CM/AOSP ROMs, so the lack of those is not a problem for me. As long as I can root it and install a custom recovery (which I can), I should be good for now. There seems to be only one stock-based tweaked ROM available for this tablet (at least, that's what I found so far). We'll see... One thing to note is that the Asus Android customizations (WaveShare) are very light, comparing to TW, Sense, etc. So, it's almost a clean JB 4.2.2, with just some pretty useful nice touches.

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours by now, and I am VERY impressed with the screen quality, and with the device overall. The speed and smoothness on a stock ROM is good. I don't want to hijack this thread -- there are plenty of detailed reviews online. In my mind, considering all pros and cons, it sure is an upgrade from the Tab 2. The price was the major deciding factor -- once I saw a brand new sealed box on Craigslist in my area for just $100 (!), it was a no-brainer.

Yep that awesome, ive seen reviews they said stock was a bit bloated, nothing that cant be solved, maybe ill buy one! Price is good! And on a 4 core tab unless u actually like aosp u dont need it, i use aosp(my rom) on mine because tw is very laggy and heavy, something that cant be solved on our tab.

Well good, happy asusing Lol

Regards Mitch

Sent from my MT11i
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkStryder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkStryder Ad-Free
4th January 2014, 03:04 AM |#110  
Junior Member
Flag Muntinlupa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellreece

You will first have to install cwm, then you can flash wich ever rom for the p5100 than you like.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of flashing my p5100 with stock rom from the manufacturer but i don't know which firmware to use.
And I would kindly like to request the link for the CWM that you are recommending sir mitchellreece. Thanks and have a good day.
4th January 2014, 01:17 PM |#111  
vipul.rk24's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Hey Guys.......Hows Battery Backup In Cyanogenmod 10.2
Haven't tried yet because my Usb cord is not working properly..........so can't flash until and unless i get a new USB.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes