2nd January 2014, 03:26 PM |#141  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050

Isn't the 3922 the miss/hit ones?

Yes, go for 3921 or lower if possible, but if 3922 is all you got, some chance it still better than no chance.

2nd January 2014, 06:50 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Yes, go for 3921 or lower if possible, but if 3922 is all you got, some chance it still better than no chance.

Yeah, I guess. Today I am going to both OBT and Sanford BB's and checking out their inventory....
3rd January 2014, 12:59 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 415

More
How did you make out?

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
3rd January 2014, 04:25 AM |#144  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 4,521

Donate to Me
More
I fail to see the purpose of a rooted chromecast anymore. Can anyone explain what you can do with a rooted chromecast that you can't do with a normal one. I could see the point of wanting local playback before but we've had it for a while now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuzz1369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzz1369 Ad-Free
3rd January 2014, 04:35 AM |#145  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzz1369

I fail to see the purpose of a rooted chromecast anymore. Can anyone explain what you can do with a rooted chromecast that you can't do with a normal one. I could see the point of wanting local playback before but we've had it for a while now.

Custom whitelist (ie, use other apps-in-development like Vbukit) and change DNS...
See FAQ, Part 2, 1.d
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
4th January 2014, 08:44 AM |#146  
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Custom whitelist (ie, use other apps-in-development like Vbukit) and change DNS...
See FAQ, Part 2, 1.d

Exactly this, plus there will be more functionality added in the near future
31st May 2014, 06:30 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thank god, I thought I bricked my chromecast. This thread saved me.
10th July 2014, 10:16 AM |#148  
Flag Odessa.
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey Guys, the is anyway to unlock Screen Mirroring feature for Sony Z2?
26th August 2014, 06:25 PM |#149  

More
Hi all, im having a lot of problems trying to root my chromecast. I've followed all the instructions and am using a Teensy 2++ with the Y splitter (bought one and also made one)

The serial for the Chromecast starts with 4217 and SKU starts with GA3A. (new in the box and never updated)

Ive connected the Teensy to the Y connector first and depending on which Flash I use I either get an orange light on it or no light. Then holding the reset button on the Chromecast I connect it to the Y connector. I get a solid red light on the Chromecast but no flashing flights on the Teensy. The TV says "Chromecast.com/startupissues" but if I put it in the tv on its own it goes to start-up screen ok.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
26th August 2014, 07:08 PM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyleaf

Hi all, im having a lot of problems trying to root my chromecast. I've followed all the instructions and am using a Teensy 2++ with the Y splitter (bought one and also made one)

The serial for the Chromecast starts with 4217 and SKU starts with GA3A. (new in the box and never updated)

Ive connected the Teensy to the Y connector first and depending on which Flash I use I either get an orange light on it or no light. Then holding the reset button on the Chromecast I connect it to the Y connector. I get a solid red light on the Chromecast but no flashing flights on the Teensy. The TV says "Chromecast.com/startupissues" but if I put it in the tv on its own it goes to start-up screen ok.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Try powering the Teensy and Y cable before you attempt to plug it into the CCast. That was what worked for me.

Also make sure you release the button on the CCast at the first sign of a LED Lighting up...The Teensy should then start blinking.
If not try again!
26th August 2014, 11:16 PM |#151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

Try powering the Teensy and Y cable before you attempt to plug it into the CCast. That was what worked for me.

Also make sure you release the button on the CCast at the first sign of a LED Lighting up...The Teensy should then start blinking.
If not try again!

I tried that not still not working, is the Teensy supposed to have a light on when first plugged in or should it be off to start of with?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread