[Q] xperia zr baseband unknown no wifi and cellular service

Search This thread

ajgo333

Dec 20, 2013
everything was working fine on my xperia zr(c5502) until one day when for the first time the phone had its battery completely exhausted somehow the cellular service was lost and the phone got locked by mcafee internet security and was always asking for the pin at the start.even after entering the correct password it would just get stuck at this part and would never unlock.so i flashed the stock firmware 4.2.2.it was so unstable and was rebooting continously so i flashed the its first stock firmware 4.1.2 which removed the lock and reboot problems but the baseband is now unknown and no imei too and so no cell service and wifi isnt working.i am currently trying to flash the different firmware files and the baseband files of c5502 and c5503 to see if the baseband gets updated.before this problem started,i had never rooted the phone nor unlocked the bootloader or do anything of this sort.somebody please tell me what to do .has anyone xperienced this same error or baseband unknown error for zr???? :crying:

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
everything was working fine on my xperia zr(c5502) until one day when for the first time the phone had its battery completely exhausted somehow the cellular service was lost and the phone got locked by mcafee internet security and was always asking for the pin at the start.even after entering the correct password it would just get stuck at this part and would never unlock.so i flashed the stock firmware 4.2.2.it was so unstable and was rebooting continously so i flashed the its first stock firmware 4.1.2 which removed the lock and reboot problems but the baseband is now unknown and no imei too and so no cell service and wifi isnt working.i am currently trying to flash the different firmware files and the baseband files of c5502 and c5503 to see if the baseband gets updated.before this problem started,i had never rooted the phone nor unlocked the bootloader or do anything of this sort.somebody please tell me what to do .has anyone xperienced this same error or baseband unknown error for zr???? :crying:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560677

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
stupid me... caught this...

how i resolved it... (im using cm/fxp btw)

- make nandroid backup
- wipe
- reboot
- baseband comes back
- reboot into recovery
- advanced recovery with "data" only
- reboot
- done.

l0000l

Jan 1, 2012
i have this problem too.
i'm on stock 4.1.2 with no baseband,imei and signal.
bootloader is locked.
i test many stock and custom roms. but not solved.
any way to repair it?

Last edited: