FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Architect_Edition : * Set your kernel without application * and more *[SCRIPTS]

443 posts
Thanks Meter: 579

By NorthLight, Senior Member on 30th December 2013, 02:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2014, 02:51 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut

What is the point to this compared to trickster mod, kernel tuner, set cpu etc etc??

The same for basic modifications without app.
That mean if you are using scripts in folder init.d, system doesn't open an app for apply modification at boot

2nd January 2014, 04:21 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 801

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLight

The same for basic modifications without app.
That mean if you are using scripts in folder init.d, system doesn't open an app for apply modification at boot

hmm ok just seems like an app would be easier to run/tweak/etc but i understand what you are saying
2nd January 2014, 07:25 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot

so if this is like an app besides it being script what sets this apart from an app like setcpu the gov's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut

What is the point to this compared to trickster mod, kernel tuner, set cpu etc etc??

In my opinion the most significant difference is that these are scripts, which makes them "open source". You can examine the code to see if it is safe and you can customize it if you wish. Anything you use at the root level should be either open source or written by someone who has acquired public trust (i.e. not the NSA .

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium
2nd January 2014, 08:07 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 801

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

In my opinion the most significant difference is that these are scripts, which makes them "open source". You can examine the code to see if it is safe and you can customize it if you wish. Anything you use at the root level should be either open source or written by someone who has acquired public trust (i.e. not the NSA .

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium

Lots of guys that make kernels though have their kernels as open source too and can look at or customize as well
4th January 2014, 12:17 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Nevermind. Ignore this post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)