[Q] Stock launcher grid size?

Search This thread

DECIM8

Apr 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Is there a way to change the grid size with the stock TW launcher? I'm not rooted yet but I would root to get this done. I don't want to install a custom recovery and trip knox though. So much screen size and a 4x4 grid is absurd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "page indicator" that takes up as much space as a 4x1 widget? Also a waste of space.

If I go to a different launcher what features, apps or widgets would I loose access to? I know the S-pen and its apps/features will still work.

Maybe TW just isn't for me after being on CM for so long. :rolleyes:

corwest

Apr 1, 2009
Seattle
Is there a way to change the grid size with the stock TW launcher? I'm not rooted yet but I would root to get this done. I don't want to install a custom recovery and trip knox though. So much screen size and a 4x4 grid is absurd.

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "page indicator" that takes up as much space as a 4x1 widget? Also a waste of space.

If I go to a different launcher what features, apps or widgets would I loose access to? I know the S-pen and its apps/features will still work.

Maybe TW just isn't for me after being on CM for so long. :rolleyes:

Not without rooting. Domt know if there is an xposed module for that or not. You may have to decompile the launcher apk to change it.
Different launchers would just lose Samsung specific widgets like weather and memo and such.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Even before I rooted, I switched to the Nova Launcher. I put a TW Launcher button on one of the secondary screens so I could switch back for any Specific TW launcher type items, but never use it.