[Q] Questions about LG G2

Search This thread

wapem

Jul 21, 2012
Hunedoara
Hi to all ,so guys i'm interested to buy the G2 but first i have some questions for those who already have them ,reviewers are too biased and hit or miss always with any phone ,firstly i'm huge in gaming so i heard the G2 has great battery life but no one seems to make a battery test based on on gaming purely ,second thing is i'm curious about the buttons from the back ,volume and power ones , are they sturdy enough ? they don't fall down after some time or something right? the way they're placed just seem like the volume buttons might get unglued , and a big concern is about the Li Po battery which is said to be prone to explosions and catching fire if overcharged or damaged what about that anyone heard anything about G2's taking that route ? thanks .

2001400ex

Nov 17, 2012
Battery life is great, better than my RAZR maxx HD but not as good as my wife's droid Maxx. I have the Verizon version and no problems with the back buttons, actually like that combo with that and knock on. Speed is fastest phone I have used now and faster than my wife maxx, tho I'm not a huge gamer.

The only knock I have on this phone is the fingerprint magnet of the back. I prefer the carbon that the droid maxx has.

ddobes

Jan 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I really love the phone. No major complaints and it runs like a beast.

The biggest issue for me was that when paired with my car bluetooth, I could not get Pandora to stream at all. I disabled default music apps and got it to play (with no song title/artist text) but it would still pause ever so often, even multiple times during the same song. So I had to either root the phone or take it back as Pandora is my friend for about an hour each way to/from work.

Really, otherwise I had no issues with the phone. I don't think the battery is a problem for normal use. It lasts much longer then my Droid RAZR previously, and I can make it through waking up, taking it off charger, to work, normal work usage, screen brightness normal and wifi/BT/LTE all on throughout, and back home with still around 30-50% roughly. I don't know what the best battery app to benchmark would be. I do know playing Plants vs Zombies in the morning to wake up eats the battery.

Another odd thing is it gets really hot when it's flat, even though I don't see any vents or anything on the back. But again, that's during heavy PvZ action, otherwise no difference at all.

Also, I hate the Verizon typical bloatware and some of the apps/settings like QSlide are neat, but not really worth it for my usage. QuickMemo is awesome, love the knock on and knock off, which is great for meetings., and really liked the slide up menu. Also had some easy options for changing look and feel to some degree of the nav buttons.

One last thing, I still can't get used to the back buttons. It's not a major problem, I dont really use them all that much, but I still find myself struggling to feel for them or hit them. Not a worry enough to take the phone back.

stetre76

I'm using the G2 for a bit more than two weeks now, and so far I am reall impressed by the battery life.

With my old One X I wasn't really a fan of playing, because you could literally watch the battery drain, but with the G2 I came back to playing Real Racing 3 and Angry Birds Go.

My experience is that battery life while gaming also depends on the game (of course) and the screen brightness - battery drains faster while playing Real Racing 3, but playing for an hour or so doesn't drain the battery more than 15-17%, with Angry Birds Go it's even less (approx 10%).

This leaves me with Screen-On times of 5-6 hrs > 60-90 mins of playing, emails, FB, internet, photographing, GPS tracking,... (settings: WIFI on, brightness > Auto, Data on, GPS on)

The back buttons look solid and I don't really think that they will cause a problem or fall out. But I guess that also pretty much depends on how what you're doing with your phone and how you treat it ;)

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I'll give another perspective :)

15 minutes of Asphalt 8 drained about 8%.
There is microstutter when playing asphalt 8 but it is also occurring when playing the game on medium visual quality, so it could very well be the game.

The phone gets warm quite quickly, but I've never experienced it getting burning hot. CPU reached 70 C and battery reached 40 C.

My two cents :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

l3gacy28

Jul 28, 2012
Plainsboro
Best and most Stable ROM

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the LG G2 forums and will be getting an LG G2 soon. (Coming from Epic 4g Touch) I was just wondering, what ROM would you guys recommend? I want a ROM that provides really good battery life and some nice features. It doesn't need to have a plethora of features, just a few here and there. My biggest concern factors are stability and battery life. What would you guys recommend?