Nexus 7 2013 game battery Life question

Search This thread

darktwins25

Jan 4, 2014
Hey guys.. I have a question that bothers me.. when i do heavy gaming on my nexus 7 (2013) my battery drops about 8% every 15mins or so..this is with gps turned off.nfc off.location off.and google services .currents and so forth off.. and brightness on auto..but when i do leave my tablet in deepsleep overnight i only lose about 1% in about 10 hours of deep sleep but when i game my battery drops as fast as 8% in 15mins or so is this normal???

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
That's more drain than I've ever experienced. Have you tried a CPU monitor, and care to tell us the name of the game(s)?

Sometimes a game can unnecessarily run all CPU cores at full throttle. PBA Bowling is a big drain, though at the pace it uses up the battery, I can still get 6 hours of life.

darktwins25

Jan 4, 2014
frontline commando dday.deadtrigger2.dragon slayer. gta .games like that and im not running anything on background cause ive also did a backup to stock so everything got deleted and fresh and still around this rate but i heard its normal cause at this rate my battery would be dead at 3hours or so and i heard thats normal for heavy gaming on a tablet?

KiiDPoLo

May 27, 2013
frontline commando dday.deadtrigger2.dragon slayer. gta .games like that and im not running anything on background cause ive also did a backup to stock so everything got deleted and fresh and still around this rate but i heard its normal cause at this rate my battery would be dead at 3hours or so and i heard thats normal for heavy gaming on a tablet?

That's Wierd Because I Get 8-10 Hours Of Gaming W/ Airplane Mode On, Wi-Fi On, GPS Off, Bluetooth Off, Currents Un-Auto Sync, Etc...
I Play Modern Combat 4 Online For Hours (The Whole Day) Without The "Connect Your Charger" Until Late At Night Like 11 Or 12. I Used Play
GTA: San Andreas For Hours ( I Beat It :D ). :cowboy:

darktwins25

Jan 4, 2014
yeah but thats with airplane mode on but i mean i play with airplane mode off and then it only last 3 hours i heard this was normal for a tablet for graphic intense games

darktwins25

Jan 4, 2014
i still find it hard to believe u get 10 hours of gameplay google annouched 10 hours of life by doing surfing and moderate use but in heavy use u will not get up to 10 hours

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
yeah but thats with airplane mode on but i mean i play with airplane mode off and then it only last 3 hours i heard this was normal for a tablet for graphic intense games

That's seems pretty low. While you can't expect 8-10 hours of actual usage with graphic intense games, I get about 5½ hours screen time over 2 days when I spend the majority time gaming. Even if I did nothing but game on my tablet I expect I'd still get close to 5 hours usage over the course of a day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

KiiDPoLo

May 27, 2013
That's seems pretty low. While you can't expect 8-10 hours of actual usage with graphic intense games, I get about 5½ hours screen time over 2 days when I spend the majority time gaming. Even if I did nothing but game on my tablet I expect I'd still get close to 5 hours usage over the course of a day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium
I'm Gonna Experiment Without Airplane Mode.