[Q] have no google apps and the screen problem

Search This thread

jackphil

May 16, 2011
I have a new G Tablet 8.3, the Chinese Edition of G Pad 8.3. I have two questions:

1. there is no google apps on stock rom. How to install them? If I install CM11, Can I keep the knock to trun on screen feature?

2. I turned down the screen brightness a little. I found the terrible light lattice on the bottom. Does it normal?

johnerratic

Jan 1, 2014
I have a new G Tablet 8.3, the Chinese Edition of G Pad 8.3. I have two questions:

1. there is no google apps on stock rom. How to install them? If I install CM11, Can I keep the knock to trun on screen feature?

2. I turned down the screen brightness a little. I found the terrible light lattice on the bottom. Does it normal?

I also buy the Chinese Edition,and I had tried the cm11,I can tell you ,you can knock to turn on the screen but can't turn off it by flash cm11.
If you like the LG UI and you also want google apps ,you can flash the hongkong KDZ. Now,my device is hongkong edition by flash HK kdz.
The light trouble is normal in Chinese Edithon and HongKong Edithon,as I know

Last edited:

jackphil

May 16, 2011
@johnerratic: thanks. another question. where to download hongkong KDZ and how to flash it?
@katsika: Yes, It exactly the same. The problem of light bleeding is too severe.Maybe I would return the pad.

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens

Lucien2

Dec 25, 2013
the brightest device I've ever owned and while it's nice, it's also the first device that I keep below 50%.