FORUMS

[ROM]★●[TF300T/G/L/201/301][CROMi-X 5.4][ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][02/22]●★

12,752 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,733

By sbdags, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 29th August 2013, 11:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2014, 07:33 PM |#1661  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry

Donate to Me
More
Angry CROMi-X 5.2.4 Released!
Stealth Release - Happy New Year Everyone!

CHANGE LOG
Quote:

05/01/2014 CROMi-X v5.2.4 Full ROM
o Fixed Adobe Flash Player so works with Amazon Prime. Now loaded to /data for compatibility
o Updated Hosts file for adblocking option
o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.9.0
o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.5.2
o Updated You Tube to version 5.3.28
o Updated SuperUser and binary to version 1.86
o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.12
o Updated Google Play Store to version 4.5.10 for non TF700 users
o Updated Gravity Box to version 2.8.5
o Updated Hunds kernel to version 3.4.4 beta
o Updated latest Lucius Tweaks for non ET versions. Thanks lucius.zen
changed scheduler to SIO for Hunds based kernels and tcp congestion control to lp
changed OV table values for CPU and GPU
o Tweaked vm settings in init.d scripts to see if it eliminates some lag
/system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=22
/system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_background_ratio=4
/system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=3000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=500
o Moved UserDictionaryProvider back to /system/app to fix Thumb Keyboard issues - thanks meldrak
o Updated libAppDataSearch.so and libgames_rtmp_jni.so in /system/lib to stop google play service redownloading. Thanks meldrak
o Fixed Stock Browser with better compiled version - helps search bar consistency. Thanks meldrak
o Replaced QuickSearch functionality with better version. Thanks meldrak
o Recompiled the AsusReader.apk with Alice in Wonderland epub removed. Still creates a 0 byte stub
o Updated cache2sd scripts to version 1.5. Thanks meldrak. Thread is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258050
o Added Keyboard Dock remapping option to installer - LOCK key = DELETE and SEARCH key = LEFT ALT

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 07:41 PM |#1662  
Thanks Meter: 865

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Stealth Release - Happy New Year Everyone!

CHANGE LOG

Sweet mate I'll be flashing this as soon as I get home

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 07:49 PM |#1663  
Thanks Meter: 5,336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

@elesbb Well it kind of works and it kind of doesn't. It doesn't FC and opens and reads epubs fine. What it does do now though is create 2 stub files for default.epub and default.png I checked through the smali code and can't see anything obvious. Also using your apk gui tools it decompiles fine with no errors but it won't compile properly. I notice in the original apk there are additional folders com and org that are not present when recompiled and it also complains of missing strings. Any chance you can take a look?

Code:
04/01/2014 
22:49:14.05 
Re-compiling... "C:\Users\Darren\APK GUI\InProgress\AsusReader.apk" 

I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
aapt: warning: string 'books_magazine' has no default translation in C:\Users\Darren\APK GUI\InProgress\AsusReader.apk\res; found: th
aapt: warning: string 'login_at_vibe' has no default translation in C:\Users\Darren\APK GUI\InProgress\AsusReader.apk\res; found: ar cs da el en_GB es es_US fr hu it iw ja ko nb nl pl pt pt_PT ru sk sv th zh_CN zh_TW
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines minSdkVersion (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
Warning: AndroidManifest.xml already defines targetSdkVersion (in http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android); using existing value in manifest.
I: Building apk file...

Those are just warnings. Doesn't stop the compilation process. And the lack of folders being present in the newly compiled apk is an apktool.jar bug not properly moving all files. Thats why I might unzip the original apk to a temp directory, then unzip the newly compiled one to another temp directory, and compare the contents and merge things missing then re-zip and sign it. But for now just clicking and dragging works

But as far as the apk, have you gone through the smali to see where it references those default books and removed the code?
5th January 2014, 07:54 PM |#1664  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Those are just warnings. Doesn't stop the compilation process. And the lack of folders being present in the newly compiled apk is an apktool.jar bug not properly moving all files. Thats why I might unzip the original apk to a temp directory, then unzip the newly compiled one to another temp directory, and compare the contents and merge things missing then re-zip and sign it. But for now just clicking and dragging works

But as far as the apk, have you gone through the smali to see where it references those default books and removed the code?

Yeah there is a lot of smali in that apk. I tried looking but couldn't see anything obvious..... How do you debug smali? You must be an alien
5th January 2014, 10:57 PM |#1665  

Donate to Me
More
@sbdags hey mate i just opened my tablet and by mistake i clicked the left touchpad button and the tab woke up, iv got the power save settings set so the dock shouldnt wake the tablet might that be the cause of the battery drain issue?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 11:01 PM |#1666  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgee789

@sbdags hey mate i just opened my tablet and by mistake i clicked the left touchpad button and the tab woke up, iv got the power save settings set so the dock shouldnt wake the tablet might that be the cause of the battery drain issue?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Don't think it's the cause but it is a symptom. Your tab is not sleeping.
5th January 2014, 11:04 PM |#1667  

Donate to Me
More
Any idea how I could stop it buddy

5th January 2014, 11:07 PM |#1668  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Any idea how I could stop it buddy

Nope else I would have fixed it. Something stops the tab from entering deep sleep when docked. It does happen on stock Asus but it doesn't happen for everyone so there is hope. Have you tried the fix in the TF700 forums?
5th January 2014, 11:16 PM |#1669  

Donate to Me
More
Ah OK mate I didn't know people knew that the clicky buttons woke it up lol sorry buddy but no mate I didn't know there was a fix lol

5th January 2014, 11:22 PM |#1670  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah OK mate I didn't know people knew that the clicky buttons woke it up lol sorry buddy but no mate I didn't know there was a fix lol

Try this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2499218
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 11:25 PM |#1671  

Donate to Me
More
Cheers mate I'll have me a look through that in the morning

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.6.1.27.1, cleanrom inheritance, cromi, cromi-x, jb 4.2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)