[Q] How to resolve host name with SAMBA on CM11?

Search This thread

measel

Jan 13, 2011
Is there a way to resolve the Android Domain Name (or is it host name?) with SAMBA?

I use "Samba Filesharing" (com.funkyfresh.samba) and since CM10 I have to use the (dynamic) IP address which changes quite often but would like to have a permanent network drive in my Windows Explorer.

Any solution?

Thank you.

Vicsa

Apr 19, 2012
Is there a way to resolve the Android Domain Name (or is it host name?) with SAMBA?

I use "Samba Filesharing" (com.funkyfresh.samba) and since CM10 I have to use the (dynamic) IP address which changes quite often but would like to have a permanent network drive in my Windows Explorer.

Any solution?

Thank you.

You could assign/reserve one permanent ip adres for your defy in your network router. Just assign one specific ip adres to MAC adres of your defy in your router. That's how it'll get the same ip adres any time you connect to your network.

Reactions: measel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any solution?

Thank you.

You could assign/reserve one permanent ip adres for your defy in your network router. Just assign one specific ip adres to MAC adres of your defy in your router. That's how it'll get the same ip adres any time you connect to your network.