Odd Ball Canadian Carriers?

Search This thread

ginnz

Feb 25, 2013
Guys, Im have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and am using an S4 right now. And Im looking to get a Note 3 in the near future. Im reading these threads and am looking for info regarding either the MTS Note3, or the Rogers Note 3, as im in Manitoba, and would use either.... what I can't understand is why guys even bother with the little **** providers like Mobilicity, and Wind?? I mean, they use odd ball frequencies.... As far as im concerned, they shoughd just dissapear, and it should all be GSM/LTE. Im reading the WIND provider isnt compatible with ****? It just makes it all so much more confusing!? Here we have TELUS, Fido, and that small crap. Its just rediculous. Its hard to find a straight answer now a days, with all the odd ball crap network providers throwing their crap in the mix..... end rant

nickzan

Jan 18, 2013
Cheap old people. Think parents who still use flip phones or don't even have a cell

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Not everyone is lucky enough to have a good credit record. The 3 big require credit checks, the others don't.

Rogers SM-N900W8 & MTS SM-N900W8

Well for info sake... I was a Rogers customer until recently I switched over to MTS Wireless for unlimited data on 4G/LTE. I was all ready to go online for an unlock code and purchased a pay-as-you go micro sim, but I didn't need to do anything. I popped the sim in and it connected with no fuss... which I was really surpised because Rogers usually sim-lock their products down.

Rogers and MTS have the same frequencies, There is one little difference with the data. I use dolphin browser as my main browser and I notice that it fails to load pages like 50-70% of the time, but usually loads after a "refresh" if it hangs. I dunno if its the connection dropping or not... but Im gonna look into it cause its annoying. I live far north so I don't expect the data to be as fast like in the larger cities that have towers all over the place.

But as for text messages and phone calls etc, everything works fine